Should they be more common

• Make them more common

Votes: 95 68.8%
  • Keep them the same

Votes: 43 31.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tohrukun

I agree; it's hard attain an a key, and then its more difficult to acquire a rare. it's like it's not even worth your time but people (like me lol) are so fueled on hope

ive only gotten 1 key
and when i opened a crate
i got a sweater and jacket
that i could sell for 5 credits.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Right now it is really hard to get keys, and it's causing a lot of stress. I know it's supposed to be rare to get, but 95% of the time the prize is in the catalog! People are getting pixels, that's just wrong. With the VERY low possibility of getting an exclusive rare, keys need to be more common. Who agrees?!
That was my point as well. Since the chance of getting an exclusive item is slim at best, what's the sense in making the chance to just open the crate so difficult as well? It seems pointless and just causes more frustration.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Why do people feel like everything should be handed to them so easily?
Why complain?

Amy said that retrieving the keys is meant to be difficult. Why? Because what's the point in creating a system like this if it were easy to get "rare" items?

Most importantly:

How come every single event or special occasion that occurs in MyVMK, there are ALWAYS people making threads like this asking to increase the chances of getting a specific item(s)? Just why does someone feel the need to do this?

If you have played other large MMO games that actually have efficient economies, that started because rares were handed out in a certain way, much similar to this. If you didn't get a rare - TOUGH LUCK. If you got a rare, great! That's partly how you form "economies" (though we don't have a defined economy right now.)

Am I saying this because I have a Minnie Hat and Stitch Hat? No, I only got a bamboo rug, and I don't see myself getting upset over it, so neither should anyone else. I understand that you play 500 hours straight and don't get a key, neither do I. Tough noogies.

(This post wasn't meant to offend anyone, I just get irritated.)
Well if you don't have feedback you can't improve.

In my stance it's not so much to make the rare items more attainable, just the keys. Because the chance of getting an exclusive rare item is so low anyway, why make it so much more difficult to just open the box? And when you finally do, it's a pixel, or a t-shirt, can you agree that is ridiculous and frustrating? If so many of the prizes are going to be cheap 5-25 credit catalogue items, it should be easier to get a key. Or at least, if you keep the keys the way they are, do away with the catalogue items less than 250 credits.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Here's the thing: a flood of gold keys would probably throw a ton of rares into the game too quickly (remember, keys and crates are a long-term thing; there will be time to get keys).

There could be lesser keys which give rares at a lower frequency and appear more frequently. This will help burn up the excess of crates without adding a zillion Stitch hats to the game.
Maybe it's because I don't care much for trading as I did when I was younger, but I don't see a need for an economy, or the negativity of having a bunch of rares in the game. But I see from other's standpoints that they need a trading market for those that are savvy and avid traders. But to push certain items to be super, exclusively rare is senseless to me. As someone else said, even super rare items were somewhat common in VMK. Stitch was the rare item to have and you were the creme of the crop with it, but there were still a bunch in the kingdom.

S

Spivey

This is a long-term event, you have enough time to find a key.

If you don't find a key, then you don't. Don't demand keys to become more recurrent. It takes away the value of something that somebody won out of luck, and it also takes away some of the effort that was needed to get the key.

relizabeth

This is a long-term event, you have enough time to find a key.

If you don't find a key, then you don't. Don't demand keys to become more recurrent. It takes away the value of something that somebody won out of luck, and it also takes away some of the effort that was needed to get the key.
i dont want it to be tons i just want it to be a little easier. right now 1/5 is pretty hard even making it 1/4 would be a little better. what most people dont know is you have a 1/100 chance of getting a rare item out of the box. the rest is stuff from shop. so that means right now i have to play 500 fireworks games to get one if the odds played out. that is almost 90 hours of playing fireworks just to get a hat. doesnt mean you will get one either. most people will never even play 500 games of fireworks. bring it down to 1/4 would make it so you still have to play 65 hours of fireworks. thats still a ridiculous amount of hours. im not saying every game should hand you a key or every shell should pop up with a key im just saying it should be a little easier. and also you dont have forever to get a hat. once so many are in game amy is taking them out. and the number is going to be so low that you wont be able to trade unless you are trading a stitch/princess for a princess/stitch

Common on everyone. Keys are NOT that hard to obtain. You have a guaranteed chance at getting a key every five games of fireworks. Fireworks takes 5 minutes to play. And yes you have to actually play the game and score over 1000 points but COME ON. Make it worth your while! Scoring a high score like 2000-3000 points and above will no doubt give you a key every three games! Like I stated, MAKE IT WORTH YOUR WHILE. And what I mean by that is: score high because you get a TON of credits a game. I am averaging 600-800 credits a game. Within in an hour I make about 5000 credits. That is A LOT of credits, people. I am just saying. Yes, I understand not every person is good at fireworks but, if you read the tips and tricks of fireworks, I am sure every person can score 2000 points on that game, no doubt. The only reason everyone thinks keys are harder to obtain is because all they want to do is play the shell game and that game is set up to give very few keys and more crates.

Also, I think a huge reason Amy is pushing for these to be rare is because of what happened with stitch and angel in OVMK. Those became horded by the "better" and "richer" players and it pretty much became an overall unfair game and eventually the economy became messed up (but then again OVMK did some pretty outrageous things when it came to releasing items.) I know a lot of you people do not care for having an economy in this game but that is the way things are done in games. America is a capitalist world and it is shown in online games (made in the States) as well. Everything is not going to be handed to every one and sometimes you just have to deal with that fact. Not trying to offend anyone; just stating my perspective.

people are so picky, you can't always have what you want to have in this game. o.o it's not fair to the people who got minnie hats and stuff. i want to get something and be glad i got it, not feel like just another one of the thousand people in the game who got the same thing.

Why do people feel like everything should be handed to them so easily?
Why complain?

Amy said that retrieving the keys is meant to be difficult. Why? Because what's the point in creating a system like this if it were easy to get "rare" items?

Most importantly:

How come every single event or special occasion that occurs in MyVMK, there are ALWAYS people making threads like this asking to increase the chances of getting a specific item(s)? Just why does someone feel the need to do this?

If you have played other large MMO games that actually have efficient economies, that started because rares were handed out in a certain way, much similar to this. If you didn't get a rare - TOUGH LUCK. If you got a rare, great! That's partly how you form "economies" (though we don't have a defined economy right now.)

Am I saying this because I have a Minnie Hat and Stitch Hat? No, I only got a bamboo rug, and I don't see myself getting upset over it, so neither should anyone else. I understand that you play 500 hours straight and don't get a key, neither do I. Tough noogies.

(This post wasn't meant to offend anyone, I just get irritated.)
my exact thoughts.

relizabeth

Common on everyone. Keys are NOT that hard to obtain. You have a guaranteed chance at getting a key every five games of fireworks. Fireworks takes 5 minutes to play. And yes you have to actually play the game and score over 1000 points but COME ON. Make it worth your while! Scoring a high score like 2000-3000 points and above will no doubt give you a key every three games! Like I stated, MAKE IT WORTH YOUR WHILE. And what I mean by that is: score high because you get a TON of credits a game. I am averaging 600-800 credits a game. Within in an hour I make about 5000 credits. That is A LOT of credits, people. I am just saying. Yes, I understand not every person is good at fireworks but, if you read the tips and tricks of fireworks, I am sure every person can score 2000 points on that game, no doubt. The only reason everyone thinks keys are harder to obtain is because all they want to do is play the shell game and that game is set up to give very few keys and more crates.
i dont know what game of fireworks you are playing but an entire game takes 11 minutes. i have timed it many times. so with it being 11 minute games even with your high amount of 800 credits the most you can make in an hour is 4000 credits not 5000. and thats not counting having to wait at least 30 seconds between games to get into the next game and loading screen times. also you dont have a guranteed chance of getting a key every five games. i have played 15 games before getting a key. just because odds are 1/5 doesnt GUARANTEE you get one.

jasonpwns

The more keys, the more rare is out.
Its suppose to be catalog items, Do i think they should try to eliminate pixels and clothing? Yes.
Maybe bump up the odd a little.. But the rares wouldn't be rare if we just gave everyone keys like Oprah.
Why not give a little more of things out? What's the magic in being a greedy stooge? Anyways nobody is asking for keys to be as common as sliced bread. We are asking for a slight increase in how often they occur. 1 key after 25 games of fireworks is outrageous considering how long that takes. Only to get a TWENTY FIVE CREDIT ITEM.

Ok well I didn't time it. It seems like its five minutes but my bad and you do earn quite an amount of credits. My point of this post was just because you did NOT receive a key does NOT mean your time was wasted -- it is only wasted if you sit there and do very little during the game. You still receive a great amount of credits when you participate in the game that can be later used to buy the rest of the released items during adventure month and then even later on to buy the Christmas release items when they are released during December. My whole point was to stop complaining and enjoy the game aswellas earning credits for later use. It is all in your attitude and persistence (and obviously a little bit of luck) that help you in this game.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
According to Grizzly, there is no specific score or amount required to qualify for a drop in fireworks, the only requirement is that you're active and not idle. And the "guaranteed" key drop every 5 games is not true. I played 10 games in a row and never got a key, and my ending scores were from 1300-1600 pts, it's all chance.