My Perspective on Recent Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tohrukun

I have not even tried to give my response nor will I to the recent events on any of these threads, but I did waste four days of my time of constantly reading, so ty no matter how hilarious it was to read at times especially @Pooh , always on point
How I feel doe
accurate doe
this almost seems hopeless

Mayhem rearranged = Amy meh
It's Amy Meh month
may·hem
ˈmāˌhem/
noun
  1. violent or damaging disorder; chaos.
    "complete mayhem broke out"
    synonyms:chaos, disorder, havoc, bedlam, pandemonium, tumult, uproar, turmoil,commotion, all hell broken loose, maelstrom, trouble, disturbance,confusion, riot, anarchy, violence, insanity, madness;
    informalmadhouse
    "no one would confess to how the mayhem started"
    • LAWhistorical
      the crime of maliciously injuring or maiming someone, originally so as to render the victim defenseless.
Yep, I'd say we're THERE! Right on track!

may·hem
ˈmāˌhem/
noun
  1. violent or damaging disorder; chaos.
    "complete mayhem broke out"
    synonyms:chaos, disorder, havoc, bedlam, pandemonium, tumult, uproar, turmoil,commotion, all hell broken loose, maelstrom, trouble, disturbance,confusion, riot, anarchy, violence, insanity, madness;
    informalmadhouse
    "no one would confess to how the mayhem started"
    • LAWhistorical
      the crime of maliciously injuring or maiming someone, originally so as to render the victim defenseless.
Yep, I'd say we're THERE! Right on track!

Megara

no sleep club
“I’m sure we’ve all done it at one time or another.”
Sounds like nothing but defending a rude statement someone said just because, hey, everyone says it, right? In my 19 years, I can actually say that I’ve never actually spoke select words like that. If it’s something that can be easily said like that (and to a minor), you know it’s not the first time a word is being used. And no matter how “rude” the word is, it is still not acceptable, and should not be tolerated. Someone who is in a staff position should not be getting a tiny slap on the wrist and a promotion for the way they have acted (now, and in the past). If a player had done this, you know they would have been perma-banned and we wouldn’t even see them anymore. The response to this is usually: "well it wasn't said in game." And to that, I just have to shake my head. It was said to a co-worker of the game, regarding the game. It is not appropriate, and shouldn't be written off with a shrug saying "hey, people have said worse."

Amy also mentioned (in another thread) how all the other staff always assumed Kali was the one at fault for things. This just makes me wonder, don’t you think there’s a reason staff would assume? Does Amy think the entire staff just chose one person to gang up on? Assuming is not a good thing to do, but if someone has done multiple wrongs in the past (which there's proof one has...), it’s only logical that someone would think so again. The best predictor for future instances is to look at past instances. People are talking about second chances, but there's been far more than two wrongdoings to even allow for a "second" chance. If someone wants a second chance, then they get demoted and work their way back up again with the earned trust and respect from the community.

Edit: I'm sorry if I'm bringing this thread back up. I was reading things that happened last night when I was asleep and I had to get these thoughts out.

whats wrong with you amy? now i get why nothings been done about kali and abs[DOUBLEPOST=1431074406][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe it was not the wrong members that left. It seems like the staff are a lot happier according to this post..[DOUBLEPOST=1431048582][/DOUBLEPOST]

I am sure we have all done it at one time or another.
my parents would never let a person that old talk to me like that without doing something about it
& why are you sticking up for amy so much???? shes acting messed up right now

Last edited:
Oh Amy Amy Amy.... what have you done??

A basis for any good organisation is to have clearly defined roles for staff. In this case ONLY the Hosts should host events, ONLY the Mods should moderate (unless there are extreme circumstances or no mod is available to deal with something that can not wait). You admit that you are a coder and don't do anything else so why interfere in the general running of the game?? Why do something so stupid as to okay a non-host running an event that isn't scheduled (and no proper notifications) with super rare prizes? (especially without the other staff knowing... huh? what?!?!) Even a five year old would say that what you did was unfair and greatly lacking in judgement.

Just because you coded this game and brought it back (which we DO appreciate) does not mean you can keep causing these kind of problems without some kind of backlash. If you can't handle confrontation then get out of the kitchen and do what you do best. It's not as if the game isn't without frustrating bugs and glitches - could you not concentrate on fixing those? I am sooooo tired of not being able to go back to the HM lobby after a game and having to relog in... or the terrible lag the minigames have... there are plenty more, you know that yourself.

If you really really had to let go of stress and have some fun (which I totally understand) then why couldn't you and Kali host a cute or boot type room on your player accounts and give out normal prizes... or if you felt you just HAD to be on your staff accounts then give out the previous month's host prize for any winners. If you really wanted to get normal players reactions for games/prizes then sit in on a proper HOST event with a real HOST in a scheduled event? Why keep making your own with super-rares, etc??

Just as the others should stick to what is in their title, Coders should stick to coding. You are in a unique position and it is fair that you have some say in the running of the game but to override the several Hosts, Admins and Designers showed that you do not have good judgement and should listen more to those around you, not just the one or two. Get your head out of the sand and face the consequences of you not thinking things through properly. Marie-Antoinette, anyone?

Lost

You are in a unique position and it is fair that you have some say in the running of the game but to override the several Hosts, Admins and Designers showed that you do not have good judgement and should listen more to those around you, not just the one or two.
Those two say what she wants to hear thought. I saw MANY time where both staff used the excuse "Well Amy said it was okay" or "It was Amy's choice and if you don't like it then leave". Those are not valid arguments as I've said it before. Just because Amy said it doesn't mean it was good judgement or a good choice. Blindly following someone is ridiculous, especially after they've shown in the past that they aren't great in a leadership role.

The fact is that 2 people used the excuse "Amy said it's okay so hah" and now that they are admins; if another staff member went to Amy and let's say banned a certain staff members friend permanently for rules being broken then I'm sure there would be hell to pay for it. You would get that admin trying to overturn the ban, saying that it isn't fair, saying that Amy isn't always right and that they are admin too and should have been consulted. Those are just guesses judging on how I feel I know them, and if that is true then why wouldn't they have treated Grizzly like the admin he was. I'm guessing they will continue on with the "Amy said it was okay" but now they are admins they don't have to answer to Amy as much and can use the phrase "Well I am and admin and I think it's okay".

I mean all players are doing on these threads is whining right? : /

Status
Not open for further replies.