[MYVMK Experience]: OS X Mavericks and Yosemite!

oatman

I'm looking into the issue as we speak. I believe I have pinpointed the problem; Amy made an addition into the client that was required for her to make Haunted Mansion. However this addition presently breaks MyVMK Experience. I'm looking into getting the Director Xtra module to load properly which will allow you guys to resume playing the game.

oatman

The issue has been identified and I have resolved the problem on my local computer. I will be running a few more tests and then I'll be releasing 0.1.1 which will contain the fix required for Haunted Mansion to work along with the updated client Amy released.
(This update will resolve the Xtras bug)[DOUBLEPOST=1413668487][/DOUBLEPOST]Version 0.1.1 will be released at 6PM EST (Approx 20 minutes). This new version will fix the Xtra's bug and will allow everyone to play MyVMK again.[DOUBLEPOST=1413669483][/DOUBLEPOST]Due to my slow internet connection (Thanks Charter Communications) the update has been postponed till 6:30PM EST.[DOUBLEPOST=1413670392][/DOUBLEPOST]
I also get the "Failed connection to internet" message AND the "Missing Xtra" message. It's unable to login.

I'm using Mavericks and this is my first install/run of MyVMK Experience.

Also just a silly suggestion, but why are porting VMKPal? Why not get permission from kolyaventuri and port myVMKPal? It would probably be more stable seeing as it even runs on Windows 10.
Simple. VMKPal is coded in C++. MyVMK Pal on the other hand is coded in C#. I don't want to port a .NET application. Too much baggage.

Last edited:

oatman

The Xtra bug is fixed. However I can't replicate the disconnect bug that a select few of you are having. I strongly believe that it's not related to my program however, though I could be wrong.

The Xtra bug is fixed. However I can't replicate the disconnect bug that a select few of you are having. I strongly believe that it's not related to my program however, though I could be wrong.
Before your made version 0.1.1, I was able to enter the game no problem. Now after downloading this update, I'm getting the same problems as people above have mentioned (the redirecting and saying there are too many accounts online).

I don't know if this is a problem on your end or ours. But considering I had no problems before....

Also I downloaded the link from your personal server the first time. Not through media fire.

None the less, thank you for making this. I was wonderful being able to play MyVMK on my Mac laptop for the short little while that it worked.

Guitar

having no issues signing in now. But i keep getting the automatic log off after about 3 seconds of loading! It says too many accounts logged in.
Same thing happens to me, too.

Edit:

I tried to get it to load again and this is what popped up:

Also, one of my friends is having an issue with it.
Their problem is showing a pop-up that shows a Director Player Error.

Last edited:

oatman

The "no internet connection" warning is happening for everyone. It's not a big deal you just click "Ok". However as far as the few people telling me they are getting disconnect issues I just can't see how it's related to VMKPal, because MyVMK is what is displaying the disconnect message.

The fact that it works and doesn't work for some people along with the fact that some people report the game works and then doesn't work does indicate that there is likely a solution to the problem. We just need to find out what is causing the problem so I can patch it, that is of course if it's something I can fix on my end.[DOUBLEPOST=1413687385][/DOUBLEPOST]NOTE: I'm gonna create an experimental alpha client soon. If you are interested in testing it to see if it fixes the "disconnect issue" please private message me and I'll add you to a Conversation List on the forums where we can work together to figure out what the problem is.

having no issues signing in now. But i keep getting the automatic log off after about 3 seconds of loading! It says too many accounts logged in.

This is to oatman. (And purely just a complete idiotic guess.)

But doesn't myVMK now kick you off if you try to login more than 2 accounts at a time (from the same mac address) to prevent clones?

When you login from MyVMK Experience, what is the mac address it shows? Surely it doesn't show our mac's mac address, since it's being virtually run through wine. Perhaps if its showing the same mac address for everyone who runs it, it'll only let 2 people login from it at once? Just thinking out loud

But doesn't myVMK now kick you off if you try to login more than 2 accounts at a time (from the same mac address) to prevent clones?

When you login from MyVMK Experience, what is the mac address it shows? Surely it doesn't show our mac's mac address, since it's being virtually run through wine. Perhaps if its showing the same mac address for everyone who runs it, it'll only let 2 people login from it at once? Just thinking out loud
That's exactly what I was thinking, too. But, he's the tech professional. Lol

oatman

This is a really good hypothesis for the problem however, shockwave is not able to gain access to a computer's MAC Address. That isn't something that the program can gain access to.