MyVMK Launcher for macOS 10.6+

MacPat

Contributor
I was so excited to see this! I downloaded it, unzipped it, put it in the applications folder, but unfortunately it doesn't open. Nothing happens at all. :(
I just downloaded it and I am having the same issue, nothing happens. :/
Operating system version?
Try this solution: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
Private message me for further assistance. Thank you!

Version 10.11.2 OSX El Capitan
It works on my end, thank you!
This has an improved connection with myvmk, in terms of latency, playing potc isn't a problem for now (unless if the server has some problems). After 3 days of using this program, there's some hiccups/tips which I would like to mention for those downloading.

1. Do not right click - The menu bar will show and you can click outside of it to close it. You'll have to restart the program.
2. Black screen when switching programs - As a person that frequently switch from chrome to myvmk, you'll have to double click the map for the black screen to disappear.
3. Be very patient when starting - You'll see the white screen when starting the program but it should show you the login page after a few minutes, 5 minutes maximum.
4. Free some space on your hard drive before downloading - This is a 1GB+ sized program and I know there are some out there who have storage problems when it comes with apple products.
5. Use the most recent version - Patches are there for a reason, and to avoid problems it's best to use the most updated version that MacPat has released.

Thank you so much! *hugs you*
1. Click F2 to hide/unhide toolbar
2. I have no clue why it does that and I've tried everything.
3. 5 minutes minimum?
4. I've reduced the package as much as possible.
5. I am going to upload and post a new one soon.

NancyD

Please help! I have no clue what to do after I download this. I created an account and logged in and I got a notification that it's running but... now what do I do??

Marby

I've been unable to successfully launch this app in my computer.
I am running Mac OS X Yosemite.
Essentially what happens is, the app will download, I will be able to open the zipped folder and drag the application to "Applications". Once there, I will double click the app, and it will say "verifying application" and it will go absolutely nowhere. Upon clicking it again, nothing happens. I tried downloading the MEGA downloader as well, and it won't even launch in my computer.
I am running the software on the administrator account, so I know that's not a problem.
Any sort of assistance would be wonderful :)

MacPat

Contributor
Please help! I have no clue what to do after I download this. I created an account and logged in and I got a notification that it's running but... now what do I do??
Download it, unzip the archive. Drag the application to your Applications folder. Open the app and log in.

I've been unable to successfully launch this app in my computer.
I am running Mac OS X Yosemite.
Essentially what happens is, the app will download, I will be able to open the zipped folder and drag the application to "Applications". Once there, I will double click the app, and it will say "verifying application" and it will go absolutely nowhere. Upon clicking it again, nothing happens. I tried downloading the MEGA downloader as well, and it won't even launch in my computer.
I am running the software on the administrator account, so I know that's not a problem.
Any sort of assistance would be wonderful :)
Are you sure it goes absolutely nowhere? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Question - I find that if I switch programs, I'm able to get out of the black screen, but then the screen/room that I'm in just freezes. I can't interact with the map or any of the buttons/can't walk/can't type, etc. Any ideas besides forcing a restart?

Thank you so much for creating this! I was so nervous when I upgraded to El Capitan that I wouldn't be able to play VMK anymore.

MyVMK Launcher is no longer opening on my macbook pro, I'm running el capitan 10.11.2, I've tried deleting it and redownloading it but it just won't open at all.
Did you try downloading it through the MEGA Installer when following the download link? When I first tried to download it without the MEGA client, it wouldn't open for me either. Now it works.

Did you try downloading it through the MEGA Installer when following the download link? When I first tried to download it without the MEGA client, it wouldn't open for me either. Now it works.
That worked! But I can't hover over anyone to see their name I have to click on them, and I cant drag the scrollbar to view guest rooms, I have to click the up or down arrows a thousand times... Is that just me

Xosder

I'm currently downloading this because I've been having problems with MyVMK Experience (which was working fine up until yesterday). I was getting a 404 error on there too. Hopefully this works.

Xosder

I'm thinking it might have something to do with VMK itself? Because I was getting an error message on MyVMK Experience and you're getting that error in Launcher, @Krypto . So I'm not exactly sure how to fix it. D: Launcher is almost done downloading, so I'll let you know how it goes for me.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with VMK itself? Because I was getting an error message on MyVMK Experience and you're getting that error in Launcher, @Krypto . So I'm not exactly sure how to fix it. D:
I don't know. I'm able to open experience but the page says 404 error, launcher doesn't even open. and neither will megasync