[MyVMKWiki] We need your help!

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Hello everybody! I'm in the process of creating a comprehensive Wiki for MyVMK (It's about time we have one, right?). The only problem I have run into is images! I am able to find images of items that were in the Original VMK no problem, but the issue is MyVMK-Exclusive items or recolors. I'm looking for those who have a number of these exclusive items in their inventory and want to help create something that will be helpful for all the players! I simply need images similar to:

If you'd like to help out, PM me :)

oh shoot, that's a lot LOL. Think I have a few of those. Going to go through my pins first in case anyone else starts adding pics ;)

EDIT:
Did you just need the large picture or the smaller inventory one as well?

Last edited:

mark

10 mins late to everything
oh shoot, that's a lot LOL. Think I have a few of those. Going to go through my pins first in case anyone else starts adding pics ;)

EDIT:
the rectangular one aka when u click on it it pops up on the right side of the inventory[DOUBLEPOST=1422374819][/DOUBLEPOST]

EDIT:
you can create an accnt for free and add pictures yourself if you dont want to constantly send them in, just click on the specific file and click on the .jpg file and it should tell you what you would like to chang eit to

PlayerOne

EDIT:
A lot of those are items from the original that i just have not gotten to yet. You don't need to worry about those :)

For anyone that wants to help out, you can just create an account and start uploading pics! The easiest way is to go to the page for the item your uploading and just click on the broken file link. That way you don't have to worry about naming it correctly![DOUBLEPOST=1422378930][/DOUBLEPOST]I had to edit user permissions to prevent spam bots from editing the Wiki, so you just need to PM me when you make an account to give you access! @Mark/@QueenCinderella you both are good already!

Last edited:
No thanks to actually editing the wiki - have done that twice in my lifetime and that is enough for me but I don't mind grabbing images. ^^ Too late for only grabbing some....

http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/Jezzi1234/library/MyVMK

Couple of notes in case you didn't realise:
1. All room pins begin with Room Pin - (then room)
2. The HM pins begin with The Haunted Mansion (then w/e it is called)
3. The Dreams pins begin with OMD - (then w/e it is called)
4. I have named the images exactly what they are called except the Tomorrowland pins - have had to put 1of5 instead of 1/5 - doesn't like the / sign

Let me know if I have missed any (apart from Grumpy, Tink Rose and Finding Nemo 5/5)

PlayerOne

No thanks to actually editing the wiki - have done that twice in my lifetime and that is enough for me but I don't mind grabbing images. ^^ Too late for only grabbing some....

http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/Jezzi1234/library/MyVMK

Couple of notes in case you didn't realise:
1. All room pins begin with Room Pin - (then room)
2. The HM pins begin with The Haunted Mansion (then w/e it is called)
3. The Dreams pins begin with OMD - (then w/e it is called)
4. I have named the images exactly what they are called except the Tomorrowland pins - have had to put 1of5 instead of 1/5 - doesn't like the / sign

Let me know if I have missed any (apart from Grumpy, Tink Rose and Finding Nemo 5/5)
That's a big help thank you :)

No problem - I see others are starting to help so I'll leave the furniture (don't have that much anyway) and the clothing for now but feel free to PM later if you are still missing items.

QueenCinderella

I also noticed that the jeans from the blue and pink crates are just called Jeans - Blue/Pink Edition on the wiki, but in-game they are technically called Jeans Blue/Pink Baggy. I don't know if you did this on purpose to organize the blue and pink crate items, but I just thought I should let you know! :)

PlayerOne

I just took the information from Dhalions list, there might be a few errors! Ill worry about redirecting the correct titles later.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post - there are three different Olympic Flags (I have images of all three in my album).

Olympic Flag
Olympic Flag - 2014 Edition (this has one of the rings missing)
Olympic Flag - Gold Edition (the banner has a gold surround)

Thanks for doing this, I really needed one of these when I first started back :thumbsup:

Connor.

Really in support of this. If I wasn't super new I know I would help with everybody possible but sadly I don't know anything about the game yet lol

PlayerOne

@Connor. @Nnilak

I have something in the works and have been sorting through some security problems with the mediawiki software. I've also started a new job a couple weeks ago and have been busy with that. If it wasn't for the security issues, i could have a near-complete wiki up in a day or so. I'm hoping to figure something out by monday or so.

Connor.

@Connor. @Nnilak
I have something in the works and have been sorting through some security problems with the mediawiki software. I've also started a new job a couple weeks ago and have been busy with that. If it wasn't for the security issues, i could have a near-complete wiki up in a day or so. I'm hoping to figure something out by monday or so.
Dang I didn't even realize it was close to completion :O. Beyond exciting and I am more than happy to help out in any way that I can :)

PlayerOne

Yeah, really the only thing holding me back once i figure out the security problems i am having, is that there are still a couple hundred item images (I think it was ~200 last time i checked?) that need to be found/uploaded, a lot of them being MyVMK exclusive items, so i can't get the pictures from old VMK wikis.

If anyone has experience in administering a mediawiki-run wiki (Hosting on their own server, not one through something like wikia.com), and think you could help out figuring the security issues i am having, shoot me a PM. I'm kind of learning as i go here :)