New retired item (Joke or not?)

VampireBoy

I just really hope this is a good replacement Amy as for the gift cards since everyone was using them as the currency for trading and also they were the only thing I ever traded my rare for. Either way I hope for Amy's sake this replacement is good because I know a lot of people are quite upset about this and I know lots of people are putting their trades on hold until we get a replacement for the gift cards.

Inferno

I just really hope this is a good replacement Amy as for the gift cards since everyone was using them as the currency for trading and also they were the only thing I ever traded my rare for. Either way I hope for Amy's sake this replacement is good because I know a lot of people are quite upset about this and I know lots of people are putting their trades on hold until we get a replacement for the gift cards.
Cheetah hunt! lolol

They will never stop people from trading stuff for real money until they just close the game. So why take them out? People are trading everything for real money. Not just gift cards. Doing credit sprees can be so annoying when people want A LOT of low cost items. Maybe they can take out the 500 credit loss on them. I think that's kinda lame. Just make them worth what you pay.

kalyee

I'm going to go off on a bit of a tangent about the complaining about RWT on this forum, after which I won't comment on it again, so I'm putting it in spoilers for those who don't care to read. (Only doing it here because there were 10+ comments in this thread regarding RWT.)
I am beyond upset by some selfish people who ruin this for others.

If Amy is donating her time why should you be making money off her work. Also all the hosts too. Shame :(
I roll my eyes every time I see someone explaining it as "selfish" and "ruining the game for others". If someone is spending thousands of dollars on all the ultra rares/firewalls/clocks/gift cards/etc. to become the richest player, I can see calling that selfish. But for people who are bad at trading, or don't have a lot of time to get items they'd like for room building, or who maybe even want to buy something for a friend/for the nostalgia from it, what is selfish about that, and how - unless they're scamming - is that anyone's business but the people involved in the trade? Amy can't make money off the game. That's a legality thing. She's in the RWT group on Facebook, and it hasn't been banned from the game. Clearly it isn't as huge an issue as people like to make it out to be.

I'm in an extremely bad financial situation right now. I'm really, really ill. I can't do a lot of things right now, physically, so if I can sit around and earn things on MyVMK and sell those for money to someone who doesn't have as much time as I, and use that money to help with bills and food, I wouldn't say that's selfish at all, either. From what I've seen on the Facebook group, only a select few seem to be "overdoing it" and even then not to a huge extent.

i think it's pretty messed up that people are trying to make real money off of this game amy works so hard on for free but that's a whole other rant lol.
Amy can't make money off this game. I'd love it if she could, because her hard work certainly deserves a few dollars, but this argument of "people making money off a game so and so works hard on is messed up" is invalid because none of the staff could if they wanted to, and it should really be no ones business how anyone spends their money but the people involved.

Sorry if I offend you, but it just sounds lazy. What's the fun of just buying all your wants with money? Sure you have it, go spend it, it's your decision. At the same time, you're sucking the trading aspect, and working for credits, right out of the game. Sure they did it in old VMK when users received Disney Park codes, but that was legitimate.
Some people don't have the time to spend hours, days, and weeks on the game earning the ridiculous amounts of credits it takes to have fun doing certain things in the game. Should they be left out? There was RWT in VMK too, especially for Disney park code items, because how many of us could consistently afford the thousands of dollars it takes to go on a park trip?

I've participated in RWT a total of one time, and it was a quick, honest, easy transaction. Both parties were satisfied. The person I traded was telling me how little time they have to play the game but how much they want to relive the rooms they made as a child. I felt comfortable selling a virtual item for real money because that's an honest reason to RWT, and I need that money, not for selfish reasons, more than I need virtual items.
Until staff make an official rule banning it completely, I feel like real world traders deserve a little more respect - from what I see in the Facebook group, no one is selfish, messed up, or wrong, or overly lazy, so I'm sure they find the sea of those opinions a bit uncalled for or hurtful.
I don't mean to derail this thread - don't let me, this isn't meant to spark an argument, feel free to PM me to further debate this if needed - I've just seen this in soooooo many threads and finally just needed to make a comment.

As far as giftcards go, I can't really comment on if it was a good choice or bad until we see what Amy puts up to replace them. I've never had gc's or used them in trading, so I'm not missing out on much, but it seemed like a really crucial part of the economy so I can see why people are unhappy. Hopefully whatever is next to come is even better!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Your reason still do not make it right. It is no different to me that someone who is too busy with other things in life and buys answers to a test. They did not put the effort into studying the course and just bought a pass. It is the same with acquiring items. It takes time and luck to get them. It was not allowed in VMK and it they found out you were selling items you were banned. Though people still did.

Yes legally Amy can not make any money on the game. Still my reason is if the people who are spending so much time providing us with the virtual items can not make money no one should.

kalyee

Your reason still do not make it right. It is no different to me that someone who is too busy with other things in life and buys answers to a test. They did not put the effort into studying the course and just bought a pass. It is the same with acquiring items. It takes time and luck to get them. It was not allowed in VMK and it they found out you were selling items you were banned. Though people still did.

Yes legally Amy can not make any money on the game. Still my reason is if the people who are spending so much time providing us with the virtual items can not make money no one should.
This, however, is not a test. This is a virtual game. It's supposed to be fun for everyone. If it's not fun for someone to sit around and play tedious mini-games but they still want to relive the fun of room building, that should be their choice. If someone doesn't have the free time and still wants the stitch hat they loved, that should be their choice. They're not cheating, and the only reason it would bother someone that they're "getting more items" would be if having things in game is what MyVMK is about for you.

I respect your opinion, though, and can see where you're coming from. I guess I just feel like it's not a huge thing because it's a virtual game, but I see your point as well.

BaseballStarz

to respond to a few ppl, there are many in game who don't trade well and would never be able to work their way up to the items they want. trading for cash gives them a way to get the items they would like in game..
I'm on Jennyfer's side. I will say I have sold virtual items in the past in the original VMK and earlier in VMK. It wasn't against the rules... I remember being warned about the possibility of being scammed, but that never happened! Although I don't play this game anymore, there is no need for me to sell virtual items anymore because I have found it isn't worth my time, especially if i'm working two jobs ;)

Business is business... I remember reading an article online saying a great way for teenagers and college students to make money online was through virtual games, selling accounts (Xbox. World of Warcraft), etc..

Until Amy or any of the staff says profiting of this game is not allowed or the players will be banned, Jennyfer and anybody else has every right to continue with this business!

I think what might of happened is maybe people not playing the game did a search for "Disneyland gift card" and came across MVMK gift cards and maybe even bought one thinking it was something different. Maybe Amy had to take them out to avoid confusion. And has to make something with a different name to replace it. Just me speculating.

I think what might of happened is maybe people not playing the game did a search for "Disneyland gift card" and came across MVMK gift cards and maybe even bought one thinking it was something different. Maybe Amy had to take them out to avoid confusion. And has to make something with a different name to replace it. Just me speculating.
That's plausible

Are the current gcs in people's inventory going to be deleted and replaced with the upcoming item or just gcs will be replaced in the store with the upcoming item? Thank you!

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
They will never stop people from trading stuff for real money until they just close the game. So why take them out? People are trading everything for real money. Not just gift cards. Doing credit sprees can be so annoying when people want A LOT of low cost items. Maybe they can take out the 500 credit loss on them. I think that's kinda lame. Just make them worth what you pay.
We had a whole debate on that that was more than likely the reason the original credit tax went from 2,500 credits on the GC's to 500 credits. But still for whatever reason, Amy felt there was a need for a tax on those credits.

----------

Are the current gcs in people's inventory going to be deleted and replaced with the upcoming item or just gcs will be replaced in the store with the upcoming item? Thank you!
Well if this is true, lucky for me I sold all of my GC's except 1 so I would have the credits. That's what they were intended for to begin with.

Kinglaser

I don't think they would delete the current giftcards, unless they transferred the credits directly into our accounts. I hope not, cause I have 12 giftcards, and I want to save them for a rainy day..

Zak

Ok think about it....we won't need GCs when the quest machines come out. That is how we traded credits before :).
Trading via quest kiosks, at least in the original VMK was not a very safe method of conducting transactions. It left either party open to possibly being scammed by the transaction taking place in two parts rather than simultaneously like a trade window. I would prefer a trading terminal be released for those type of threads rather than a tool more prone for risk.