New Years Crates

You wouldn't believe how seriously some people take it. I've gotten everything from "this is MY location, you need to leave," to being told I'm rude for getting a crate. A group last night was relentless, and called me all sorts of names. It's ridiculous, considering at the end of the day it's a virtual box haha. Chill pills need to be the next item added to the game.

You wouldn't believe how seriously some people take it. I've gotten everything from "this is MY location, you need to leave," to being told I'm rude for getting a crate. A group last night was relentless, and called me all sorts of names. It's ridiculous, considering at the end of the day it's a virtual box haha. Chill pills need to be the next item added to the game.
LOL So totally agree!! :)

The people I have encountered are poor losers. I get the crate and they tell me they're going to report me. For what? Getting a crate? Or if I get a hat, they demand I give it to them because I have more magic than they do.
Understand that it's more fun to make people mad than to be compliant.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Its also less mature
It's a game. I know that I'm not insanely mature in certain games that I play because it's the time where I can relax and can be a bit less mature. I can give various examples of games that do this as well. You will not find many people being mature in gaming.

In other words: don't bother looking for many people acting mature in gaming. You will find few who are mature while there are many who are not. Maturity and gaming are hard to compare with one another. (Just my opinion)

It's a game. I know that I'm not insanely mature in certain games that I play because it's the time where I can relax and can be a bit less mature. I can give various examples of games that do this as well. You will not find many people being mature in gaming.

In other words: don't bother looking for many people acting mature in gaming. You will find few who are mature while there are many who are not. Maturity and gaming are hard to compare with one another. (Just my opinion)
I'm not looking for maturity. I'm looking for people to realize it is in fact a game so don't get mad about virtual crates:)

Even when there's someone else in the room, I'll take every crate that I can. But I'm competitive, and I know a lot of people freak out if you're "greedy" and take all the crates. I think those people should really find others who are willing to take turns.

I'll admit I've called others rude but it really irks me when the crate is right in front of me and I'm trying to click on it and someone from ALL THE WAY on the other side of the room comes and takes it and then kinda like gloats about what they got ********

hahahaha I'll also admit that I groan and ugh when more people come into the room I hate competiting for it I like being with just friends and saying ok this is my area if it comes around here I'll get it and what have you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I was in a room earlier with two players who both had yellow hats and as I was finished mentioning how much I wanted a yellow hat (I hadn't been online too long), a crate appeared and one of the players rushed over to it. They both took the next few crates and I just got frustrated that they weren't being considerate. Oh, well.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I was in a room earlier with two players who both had yellow hats and as I was finished mentioning how much I wanted a yellow hat (I hadn't been online too long), and then they both took the next few crates, I just thought it was greedy :/
Oh? Hmmsorry you found that greedy. Next time say something (: I'd be more than happy to help you crate hunt.

I was in a room earlier with two players who both had yellow hats and as I was finished mentioning how much I wanted a yellow hat (I hadn't been online too long), a crate appeared and one of the players rushed over to it. They both took the next few crates and I just got frustrated that they weren't being considerate. Oh, well.

Aw well if you still need one, I have some!

Yeah, someone ended up giving me a blue and yellow hat, and then later I accidently stepped on a crate and got a pink/yellow one, so I gave that away. Gotta counteract the greedy people.

I've gotten SEVEN pink/yellow hats and given away three of them. I wish people would remember the lesson of the original VMK closing: you can't take it with you when the game is gone.

I've gotten SEVEN pink/yellow hats and given away three of them. I wish people would remember the lesson of the original VMK closing: you can't take it with you when the game is gone.
I was one of the lucky recipients of a hat <3 and I wish people would get back to the basics of the game too. You'd think people would've learned from the original, but I guess you can't know better till knowing better is useless.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I was one of the lucky recipients of a hat <3 and I wish people would get back to the basics of the game too. You'd think people would've learned from the original, but I guess you can't know better till knowing better is useless.
I have to give a shout out to you, though. You gave me two hats, it was very kind of you. :)

I have to give a shout out to you, though. You gave me two hats, it was very kind of you. :)
aw, well thank you. (: after encountering room upon room full of rude people, you were literally the only person who was polite and offered to let me get the next crate when you didn't even know me and hadn't gotten any hats yourself. I like to spread the love to people who deserve it, and you even gave me stuff in return without being asked. goes to show true character!

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
Oh? Hmmsorry you found that greedy. Next time say something (: I'd be more than happy to help you crate hunt.
I appreciate your sincere apology but I don't want you to think I was talking specifically about you behind your back to a forum. The majority of this annoyance came from the Tomorrowland Hub/ Fronteirland Dock with two identical-looking avatars both chasing down all of the crates that appeared in the room.

Elle

yes
a lot of rage from ppl but I just shrug it off
I get mad at myself though when I step on an exit crate and get nothing but leave the room lol
I never learn

If you had been on earlier in the morning you would have noticed that a lot of people could take advantage of one crate. That was a very good thing if there were more than one in a room. This way everyone benefited from the crate. Then I guess the staff became aware of this and made it a one-time-use crate. I liked it as it was before. It was more fair to a room.

MaidenAmerica

Proud to be an American!
I was fortunate enough to share the morning on Tom Sawyer Island with Hearts and several other players who were very happy to share. We took turns with the crate, even giving the player "overs" if they did not get to the crate in time. Many players would pass through the room and get a crate, however, if anyone stayed in the room we would ask if they wanted to join in the sharing and taking turns. Most of them did. It made it a much more pleasurable experience. As Hearts kept saying, "Sharing is Caring." Thank you to those who did want to share.

I did like this post as it is very, very true. I still think of all my pixels from VMK floating around out there in the cyber world! :whee:

Originally Posted by swishyhair