NO TAX on Gift Cards

Should there be a tax?

• Total voters

Elle

Trading credits isn't supposed to be a challenge in the first place?
It isn't? Gosh, I wish I knew where this rule book is, too. :')
I believe he said the game itself. Though I do agree with you that there shouldn't be a "tax" on the giftcard itself, I'm sure Amy or whoever did this made it the way it is for a reason.

I trust the developers judgement on this, if they feel that there should be "tax" then I'll support them. I'm glad that it's lower than 2,500, and I think that 500 is fair enough that it's not a huge deal.

Sharks

It isn't? Gosh, I wish I knew where this rule book is, too. :')
I believe he said the game itself. Though I do agree with you that there shouldn't be a "tax" on the giftcard itself, I'm sure Amy or whoever did this made it the way it is for a reason.
Really no need for the rude sarcasm. Don't know why people are bringing these attitudes into this thread, it's a simple debate.

Elle

Really no need for the rude sarcasm. Don't know why people are bringing these attitudes into this thread, it's a simple debate.
Oh, it's not rude sarcasm. It's just when people say, "this game isn't about this, it's not about that, blah blah blah" then I really become curious and wonder how they come up with this stuff. People don't like tax on the gift cards, right? But then its okay for certain people to put their own decided amount of credit sprees wants on items, no matter how ridiculous it is? I honestly WOULD prefer there NOT be a tax on the gift cards. But then again, its like what BestChurro says. I agree with the staff and however they decide to make the tax. It was already kind enough for them to bring it down. But I guess certain people will just never be happy. :'3

Sharks

Oh, it's not rude sarcasm. It's just when people say, "this game isn't about this, it's not about that, blah blah blah" then I really become curious and wonder how they come up with this stuff. People don't like tax on the gift cards, right? But then its okay for certain people to put their own decided amount of credit sprees wants on items, no matter how ridiculous it is? I honestly WOULD prefer there NOT be a tax on the gift cards. But then again, its like what BestChurro says. I agree with the staff and however they decide to make the tax. It was already kind enough for them to bring it down. But I guess certain people will just never be happy. :'3
First of all, yes, that was rude sarcasm, there are much kinder ways to verse your comment. You're allowed to disagree with me however much you like, that's what this thread is all about. I made it to hear opinions. Being rude about it is just immature though.

First of all, yes, that was rude sarcasm, there are much kinder ways to verse your comment. You're allowed to disagree with me however much you like, that's what this thread is all about. I made it to hear opinions. Being rude about it is just immature though.
In my personal opinion, you're the only one here who's been rude. You're the one who's turned this into a hostile debate, not anyone else. I'm sorry that you find it so hard to deal with other people's opinions.

Sharks

In my personal opinion, you're the only one here who's been rude. You're the one who's turned this into a hostile debate, not anyone else. I'm sorry that you find it so hard to deal with other people's opinions.
How so? I can deal with people's opinions fine, and I like arguing them because that's what a debate is. People can post their opinions without attacking the person that opposes them with rude words and sarcasm, it's pretty easy. That's all I ask.

How so? I can deal with people's opinions fine, and I like arguing them because that's what a debate is. People can post their opinions without attacking the person that opposes them with rude words and sarcasm, it's pretty easy. That's all I ask.
I never attacked you, I don't think anyone has. You've got to learn to respect people's opinions otherwise this is going to keep happening to you, dude. You told me not to turn this into a hostile debate...

Sharks

I never attacked you, I don't think anyone has. You've got to learn to respect people's opinions otherwise this is going to keep happening to you, dude. You told me not to turn this into a hostile debate...
"Stop whining" is not nice, and blatant sarcasm isn't nice. I respect everyone's opinion, I don't respect hostility. I don't understand how you think I'm the one making it hostile.

"Stop whining" is not nice, and blatant sarcasm isn't nice. I respect everyone's opinion, I don't respect hostility. I don't understand how you think I'm the one making it hostile.
That wasn't even actual sarcasm. You're the hostile one. Everyone else and I are the ones who've been cordial to you. You may not understand my opinion, that's right...

But you have to respect it.

Sharks

That wasn't even actual sarcasm. You're the hostile one. Everyone else and I are the ones who've been cordial to you. You may not understand my opinion, that's right...

But you have to respect it.
I'm not referencing you with the sarcasm part, and no, I'm not being hostile. There was nothing "cordial" about your comment. I don't know how many times I can say that I respect your opinion and everyone elses, you just seem to be ignoring me at this point. I'd appreciate it if you'd not post here anymore unless you'd like to actually continue the debate on the topic.

I'm not referencing you with the sarcasm part, and no, I'm not being hostile. There was nothing "cordial" about your comment. I don't know how many times I can say that I respect your opinion and everyone elses, you just seem to be ignoring me at this point. I'd appreciate it if you'd not post here anymore unless you'd like to actually continue the debate on the topic.
I know you weren't referencing me.

You've not said (till now) that you respected my opinion, or anyone else's. I'd also appreciate if you didn't post here anymore.

Sharks

I know you weren't referencing me.

You've not said (till now) that you respected my opinion, or anyone else's. I'd also appreciate if you didn't post here anymore.
I did actually, which further proves my point. It's my thread and it was perfectly fine until the negative attitudes were brought into it. I don't get why people can't just have a civil debate anymore, it's like you're so invested in your own opinion that you have to make others feel bad about theirs.

gravebound

not actually a grave
personally i don't think they should exist at all. i mean, they're a good substitute until quest machines/credit trading comes out, but it's actually fairly limited.
considering you have to deal with multiple ones with the 500 credit deduction stacking up if your item is more than 10k, and you have to do a credit spree anyway if the item is less, or if it's 11k-19k, you have to do both anyway. like it's been said, as soon as that quest machine is dropped, no one's going to use them anymore.
however, i think the 500 credit penalty should get the boot while the card is still relevant. the credits aren't going anywhere - the only reason it exists is to punish the player. with two minigames and shelling that a lot of people have lag and lack of skill with, that's a lot more important in the long run.
i could understand if the credits were going to someone. but the only people it would go to don't need them as they can assign any item or credit amount they so desire. but since the credits just completely evaporate, there's really no point imo.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I trust the developers judgement on this, if they feel that there should be "tax" then I'll support them. I'm glad that it's lower than 2,500, and I think that 500 is fair enough that it's not a huge deal.
To be honest, it's this kind of thinking that worries me with people. Everyone writes it off easily because it SEEMS like a small amount, but what no one here realizes is that it's 500 cs PER giftcard. For those of us that are big spenders and buy multiples of these giftcards to meet an asking price, we lose out on a lot of credits. Credits are hard enough to earn, why should trading them be such a hassle? If they made the giftcard as a way to trade credits more easily, there should be no tax. It's essentially a convenience fee when no one is being inconvenienced. While yes, 500 is 100x more fair than 2,500, it's silly to have a tax on it to begin with. You're all very much entitled to disagree, but don't write it off as simply nothing when it is indeed quite something. 500cs seems like nothing, but it adds up quickly.

Look at the math. If you sold an item for 55,000CS and the buyer pays you in 5 giftcards which is equal to 47,500CS, but owes you 55,000CS you're losing 7,500CS, and that has to be made up in other means which is inconveniencing the buyer and the seller. Not just 500 anymore is it? And they can't give you 6 giftcards because that's 57,000CS and now you owe them 2k. It devalues credits as a tradeable market item is basically the gist of it.

Cat

To be honest, it's this kind of thinking that worries me with people. Everyone writes it off easily because it SEEMS like a small amount, but what no one here realizes is that it's 500 cs PER giftcard. For those of us that are big spenders and buy multiples of these giftcards to meet an asking price, we lose out on a lot of credits. Credits are hard enough to earn, why should trading them be such a hassle? If they made the giftcard as a way to trade credits more easily, there should be no tax. It's essentially a convenience fee when no one is being inconvenienced. While yes, 500 is 100x more fair than 2,500, it's silly to have a tax on it to begin with. You're all very much entitled to disagree, but don't write it off as simply nothing when it is indeed quite something. 500cs seems like nothing, but it adds up quickly.

Look at the math. If you sold an item for 55,000CS and the buyer pays you in 5 giftcards which is equal to 47,500CS, but owes you 55,000CS you're losing 7,500CS, and that has to be made up in other means which is inconveniencing the buyer and the seller. Not just 500 anymore is it? And they can't give you 6 giftcards because that's 57,000CS and now you owe them 2k. It devalues credits as a tradeable market item is basically the gist of it.
I agree completely with this.
There's nothing else I have to add, as all my concerns have been brought up already.
I don't think there's anything wrong at all with increasing the value to 10k, as the benefits will outweigh any concerns anyone has in my opinion.