Not to be rude, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
Honestly, There is no need for this thread, I have not seen a single tester acting a certain way in game, so I feel that, if there is a problem with this, then those who feel this way should be contacting these people personally about it rather than upsetting other players and accusing us. I'm truly hurt by this, and this thread should be deleted as it is a controversial topic, which is against forum rules

May I request this thread to be deleted due to it breaking the following rules:

Disrespect
Content that is disrespectful will not be tolerated and will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to: calling people names, insulting others, starting arguments, using hurtful sarcasm, and publicly criticizing staff members.

Highly Controversial Topics
These conversations tend to lead to violent outbursts based on strong personal beliefs. Posts which contain political commentary, religious or other highly controversial topics will be removed and action will be taken depending on the severity. These topics may (but are not limited to) contain beliefs/opinions on religion, political subject matter (i.e., new governmental laws, candidates, etc.), abortion, se*ual orientation and/or highly controversial current events.

Fairy

Honestly, There is no need for this thread, I have not seen a single tester acting a certain way in game, so I feel that, if there is a problem with this, then those who feel this way should be contacting these people personally about it rather than upsetting other players and accusing us. I'm truly hurt by this, and this thread should be deleted as it is a controversial topic, which is against forum rules

Disrespect
Content that is disrespectful will not be tolerated and will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to: calling people names, insulting others, starting arguments, using hurtful sarcasm, and publicly criticizing staff members.

These conversations tend to lead to violent outbursts based on strong personal beliefs. Posts which contain political commentary, religious or other highly controversial topics will be removed and action will be taken depending on the severity. These topics may (but are not limited to) contain beliefs/opinions on religion, political subject matter (i.e., new governmental laws, candidates, etc.), abortion, se*ual orientation and/or highly controversial current events.
^ ^ ^ Thank you

Disrespect

I agree, I haven't seen a tester act rudely to another person in game or on forums.

Jasmine

I'm sorry, but how in the world is this thread disrespectful or controversial?

To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would be offended. If you haven't seen what he's mentioned, or you don't believe you have, then there's no reason to be offended, correct? All he said is that he's seen some testers act like they're staff members, when they're not. So if you don't believe this is happening why not ignore the thread? lol

And if you really want it closed, why not report the thread? o.O

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
I'm sorry, but how in the world is this thread disrespectful or controversial?

To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would be offended. If you haven't seen what he's mentioned, or you don't believe you have, then there's no reason to be offended, correct? All he said is that he's seen some testers act like they're staff members, when they're not. So if you don't believe this is happening why not ignore the thread? lol

And if you really want it closed, why not report the thread? o.O
It is disrespectful to say that, and I quote, "testers are starting to get on my nerves", that is a very hurtful statement, and the fact that there are several of us testers, already shows how this thread becomes controversial, as many of us feel hurt by these accusations. Also, although Josh states that it is only some testers, still targets more than 1 person in front of everyone, which is extremely disrespectful. Nobody deserves to be targeted in front of everyone. The most respectful way of handling this situation would have been to politely contact a staff member and discuss the issue with them, as well as the person they feel are "acting like staff" in order to get this solved. Posting a thread will only cause arguments.

Also, need I remind that the word controversial is any topic that gives rise to a public disagreement, and since we are the public...we disagree.

I don't mean to sound harsh at all! I love each and every member of the MyVMK family, as we are all a part of something amazing <3 :) I just don't think a thread like this should be posted when it bothers, and hurts several people :) I only wish for it to be closed so that this can be solved in a more private matter :D

Jasmine

It is disrespectful to say that, and I quote, "testers are starting to get on my nerves", that is a very hurtful statement, and the fact that there are several of us testers, already shows how this thread becomes controversial, as many of us feel hurt by these accusations. Also, although Josh states that it is only some testers, still targets more than 1 person in front of everyone, which is extremely disrespectful. Nobody deserves to be targeted in front of everyone. The most respectful way of handling this situation would have been to politely contact a staff member and discuss the issue with them, as well as the person they feel are "acting like staff" in order to get this solved. Posting a thread will only cause arguments.

Also, need I remind that the word controversial is any topic that gives rise to a public disagreement, and since we are the public...we disagree.

I don't mean to sound harsh at all! I love each and every member of the MyVMK family, as we are all a part of something amazing <3 :) I just don't think a thread like this should be posted when it bothers, and hurts several people :) I only wish for it to be closed so that this can be solved in a more private matter :D
Not really. It's his opinion. If the staff found it inappropriate, wouldn't that part have been edited out? I see posts being edited for language and such all the time. Honestly, just about any thread posted on this forum can be considered "controversial", so.... ;) (I mean, really. Look through some of the older threads.)

And though I see where you're coming from and I do agree that a staff member could be contacted, the same could be said about what you're doing right now. If you're really offended, isn't it best to go straight to a staff member? Couldn't your posts be considered "controversial" since someone could disagree with you wanting the thread closed?

(Who knows? Maybe he didn't want to contact the staff, or maybe he already did - we don't know. Everyone doesn't get a reply for them, so maybe he thought this was better.)

Just my thoughts. Don't take everything so seriously.

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
Not really. It's his opinion. If the staff found it inappropriate, wouldn't that part have been edited out? I see posts being edited for language and such all the time. Honestly, just about any thread posted on this forum can be considered "controversial", so.... ;) (I mean, really. Look through some of the older threads.)

And though I see where you're coming from and I do agree that a staff member could be contacted, the same could be said about what you're doing right now. If you're really offended, isn't it best to go straight to a staff member? Couldn't your posts be considered "controversial" since someone could disagree with you wanting the thread closed?

(Who knows? Maybe he didn't want to contact the staff, or maybe he already did - we don't know. Everyone doesn't get a reply for them, so maybe he thought this was better.)

Just my thoughts. Don't take everything so seriously.
I understand completely, however, it's not exactly common for someone to post a thread to target a specific group for doing wrong. This is the only reason in which I find this quite distressing. As a person who enjoys to learn from constructive criticism, if I were ever doing wrong, I would want to be contacted personally so that I can improve, rather than reading a post that really cannot benefit society in any way at all. This is supposed to be a magical place for us all, and these types of threads take away from the magic!

I realize that this is his opinion, but would you be happy if somebody posted a thread about you and your friends saying they did not like you in front of everyone, rather than just contacting you to let you know privately?

philitup

The Internet Champion!

Sorry, but we can't disagree? That's kind of boring if you ask me. Plus, I don't see "testers are starting to get on my nerves" as a "very hurtful statement".

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
Sorry, but we can't disagree? That's kind of boring if you ask me. Plus, I don't see "testers are starting to get on my nerves" as a "very hurtful statement".
It may not seem hurtful to you because you are not the one targeted, I don't expect you to understand at all Philitup ! Of course people can disagree, If you read my latest post before this one, I just find that targeting people in general is in fact hurtful. That statement also classifies as an insult to others, which is under the category of disrespect.

I hope that you can understand <3

Graham

オミッド
It may not seem hurtful to you because you are not the one targeted, I don't expect you to understand at all Philitup ! Of course people can disagree, If you read my latest post before this one, I just find that targeting people in general is in fact hurtful. That statement also classifies as an insult to others, which is under the category of disrespect.

He doesn't intend to be rude, he even states it in his title. He's just wondering why some people tend to backseat mod with tester status, I don't understand why you feel that you're being disrespected and offended. I do agree that a thread like this will always start drama and controversy but don't blame it all on him, maybe he thought it was an innocent topic.

karkat

Disrespect

yo actin like this is exactly what the OP is about haha later NERDS

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
He doesn't intend to be rude, he even states it in his title. He's just wondering why some people tend to backseat mod with tester status, I don't understand why you're being disrespected and offended. I do agree that a thread like this will always start drama and controversy but don't blame it all on him, maybe he thought it was an innocent topic.
I am not blaming everything on him, I'm just using things that he has said to make what I've been saying sound plausible. I do think that i've been making sense of everything so far, and I definitely think that everyone has a right to their own opinion. I just think the thread as a whole should be closed just to prevent further discussion. I think that if things were worded differently, then this would have been much different! But thank you for understanding hehe :)

philitup

The Internet Champion!

Well let's say I was being targeted, it wouldn't really hurt my feelings, MAYBE it would hurt someone elses but I know when I'm in the wrong, and if I was backseat modding then I would be, and if anything I'd be mad at myself.

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
yo actin like this is exactly what the OP is about haha later NERDS
Uhm how ? :o I'm sure I'm not the only one who is aware of the rules, I just think that this thread goes under those particular ones, that is all. If I were acting like staff, I would have just said "No further discussion is to happen in this thread", acting like a staff also constitutes telling people what to do, which I am also not. I am just explaining on behalf of the testers, our side of the story.

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
Well let's say I was being targeted, it wouldn't really hurt my feelings, MAYBE it would hurt someone elses but I know when I'm in the wrong, and if I was backseat modding then I would be, and if anything I'd be mad at myself.
This is what I'm trying to explain to you though, things will hurt people, and things will not hurt people.

More than 1 person is hurt in this situation.

karkat

Uhm how ? :o I'm sure I'm not the only one who is aware of the rules, I just think that this thread goes under those particular ones, that is all. If I were acting like staff, I would have just said "No further discussion is to happen in this thread", acting like a staff also constitutes telling people what to do, which I am also not. I am just explaining on behalf of the testers, our side of the story.
A commercial was released where Jack goes to the house of a man who has records of calling Jack in the Box "Junk in the Box". When the man shoves Jack yelling "Beat it clown!", Jack chases him outside, tackles him to the ground, and forces him to try Jack's food and confess his deed. The commercial ends with Jack saying "I'm sorry for the grass stains." "Really?" "No". Due to violent references, the commercial was later banned.

Graham

オミッド
A commercial was released where Jack goes to the house of a man who has records of calling Jack in the Box "Junk in the Box". When the man shoves Jack yelling "Beat it clown!", Jack chases him outside, tackles him to the ground, and forces him to try Jack's food and confess his deed. The commercial ends with Jack saying "I'm sorry for the grass stains." "Really?" "No". Due to violent references, the commercial was later banned.
[video=youtube;VE8vKLEK6A8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8vKLEK6A8[/video]
dang beat down

Fairy

[video=youtube;VE8vKLEK6A8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8vKLEK6A8[/video]
dang beat down
pointless posts are pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.