Not to be rude, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
You do have a point, TBH. Some of my friends are testers, and I've asked them if they have ever been testers before, and some of them have said no, they have not. I'm like huh!? Taking from Kalyee's post "the team is very mixed in experience/age/activity levels". It almost sounds as if it's random. I know it's not, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I'm not really mad that I'm not a tester, I just don't get it.
It does kind of sound like it was random. A lot of people I've talked to have said they put like 2 sentences (even less for some) in their application e-mail and they're testers. I thought testers are chosen based on their prior experience, knowledge of testing games in alpha/beta phases, knowledge of programming, how to debug the program and activity level perhaps, but that doesn't seem to be the case. A lot of testers honestly have said they really just play around on the testing server so it doesn't seem like anything is really being done.

I mean no disrespect to any testers, these are just things that have come to my attention. I never applied to be a tester because I know I would be no use to that program; I have no knowledge of debugging programs, or any knowledge of game development whatsoever so finding bugs and finding ways to recreate them then fix them is not in my area of expertise and that is really what that position calls for.

This thread is getting a little bit out of hand.. Yes, this threads title says he's not trying to be rude but I think everyone knows when someone says something like that then adds "but..." to the end of it, it's just an excuse to be rude, or whatever they were saying they weren't trying to be. I find this thread to be very rude toward us testers as a whole. Sure, there might be a couple people who you think act like mods, but 1. don't push an opinion of ONE or TWO people onto an entire group of people & 2. You can't get mad at someone for "back seat modding" as you put it just because they're a tester. Why aren't you getting mad at other people for this? There are definitely people I've seen in game that are not testers that do a whole lot of "back seat modding" where as I haven't seen anyone in our tester group do so.

I think it's time to close this.

If you have an issue with a member, PM a staff member. We are happy to help. Passive-aggressive arguments on the forums will not solve problems. :)

Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.