Official Suggestions Thread!

Rain said:
OK--- crazy idea! :D is it even remotely possible that we can make a vmk app for iPad or iPhone? :) :) :)
Maybe not even an in game app, but maybe a game to be played for in game credits/prizes? That way even if you cannot get on the game for an extended period of time, you can still have a shot at earning credits.

I have a little suggestion, although it's not that big of a deal... I personally loved taking photos in VMK and covering my walls. I don't remember exactly how much a roll of film was/how many pictures you got in a roll, but I feel like you didn't get many...? Anyways, to avoid wasting credits, maybe we can have more pictures in a roll, like a real roll that has say 25 exposures? Or.... seeing as you don't gain anything from film, haha, maybe rolls of film could even be free! Just so we could enjoy taking photos! :)

KrazyBella said:
I have a little suggestion, although it's not that big of a deal... I personally loved taking photos in VMK and covering my walls. I don't remember exactly how much a roll of film was/how many pictures you got in a roll, but I feel like you didn't get many...? Anyways, to avoid wasting credits, maybe we can have more pictures in a roll, like a real roll that has say 25 exposures? Or.... seeing as you don't gain anything from film, haha, maybe rolls of film could even be free! Just so we could enjoy taking photos! :)
Wondering how difficult it would be to make the pictures into wall hangings for our rooms?

Vary said:
Rain said:
OK--- crazy idea! :D is it even remotely possible that we can make a vmk app for iPad or iPhone? :) :) :)
Maybe not even an in game app, but maybe a game to be played for in game credits/prizes? That way even if you cannot get on the game for an extended period of time, you can still have a shot at earning credits.
This seems more plausible.

I can't imagine how difficult an app of vmk would be for a cell phone. Itd prob eat battery and memory trying to keep up.:/

My 2 suggestions...

First - Take advantage of the diverse group of fans this game has. There are a great many young fans - without whom there would be no hope of the game coming back. It was the skill of the younger generation that is (possibly) breathing new life into VMK. Do not forget that there is a... more chronologically advanced fan base as well. Had there been some more 'mature' guidance in the other game it might have lasted more than a week. Some people spent a lot of time working on that game only to have lost it do to immaturity.

Second - know what your goal for the game is. Are you creating a place for fans of the original game have a place to go and recreate the old memories while creating new ones. Will you be hoping to attract new fans? Knowing your goal should be the driving force to how 'rare' is handled. Disney used this game to get people into the parks or buying their movies.

KrazyBella said:
They were like 250 credits for 4 pictures I think. Plus, we had to buy the camera first!

Donlee

not sure where my post went but i clicked submit and it never showed up.....

but as far as the trading aspect of the game goes...alot of us love the trading part of the game, it's actually no different than say the mini-games,personal rooms etc...so if you make all items non rare then you take away a part of vmk that alot of people enjoyed. if you truly want to make all items available to everyone for long periods of time then i say :thumbsdown: this is a part of the game and rares should be there as that's part of the game. it makes the game fun and challenging as you actually have a goal to try and get the rares that you don't have. i mean if you guys want everything readily available then make everything that easy, but i feel like alot of people that do like that part of the game probably won't stay long. we all have to remember the different parts of the game that was appealing to different people and i feel we shouldn't have any of it taken away. just my suggestion so don't hate on me, just being honest. LONG LIVE THE RARES!

Donlee said:
not sure where my post went but i clicked submit and it never showed up.....

but as far as the trading aspect of the game goes...alot of us love the trading part of the game, it's actually no different than say the mini-games,personal rooms etc...so if you make all items non rare then you take away a part of vmk that alot of people enjoyed. if you truly want to make all items available to everyone for long periods of time then i say :thumbsdown: this is a part of the game and rares should be there as that's part of the game. it makes the game fun and challenging as you actually have a goal to try and get the rares that you don't have. i mean if you guys want everything readily available then make everything that easy, but i feel like alot of people that do like that part of the game probably won't stay long. we all have to remember the different parts of the game that was appealing to different people and i feel we shouldn't have any of it taken away. just my suggestion so don't hate on me, just being honest. LONG LIVE THE RARES!
No hate here. ;) There are loads of players who love the rares as rares & are very dedicated to the trading aspect of the game. I am not one of them but I would miss seeing the trading that goes on. As long as trading is fair and both parties are happy with the trade, then I say long live the rares & long live trading.

Maybe my suggestions are going to be a little bit repetitive with all the other ones, but here I go:

1.- Game economy. One of the things I liked the most on VMK was being able to trade, it was fun wandering around the trade rooms and getting items that were considered "rare" or simply because I wanted them. For example, I love the haunted mansion so getting the pins and the mansion suit was kind of a quest for me. While I do not necessarily mean we need to keep the same rarity of the items as in the original VMK, I would like to see the development of such concept. Of course, there won't be any rare at the start, but as the game evolves and the demand exceeds the supply of some items, the concept will develop as it did in VMK.

2.- Game hours. I would like the game to be 24/7, I understand if a downtime is needed for updates and such, but I am quite confident there are players outside the US (especially, those like me who live in a different continent) who would like to play freely.

3.- New items. Developing items which did not exist in the original VMK is a good thing IMHO. However, I would like to see the original items released first and then focus on the new. For example, the pixels in OVMK were ok, but I saw something lacking from the original VMK there... I mean, I would have the original crates before pixels.

4.- Dictionary dancing. I think it was a bit painful to be limited so much in VMK; however, it was for a good reason. I am totally supportive on eliminating all offensive and racist language, but numbers and words such as "love" seem a little unnecessary.

5.- Iphone app. Or for any other smartphone. I think this is a little difficult to make, but I would totally support it because I would play much more.

I think this are some of my main concerns, but I would like to add that I hope the staff handles this game more carefully than the previous attempt of VMK.

Acey said:
KrazyBella said:
They were like 250 credits for 4 pictures I think. Plus, we had to buy the camera first!
Yeah, and that's crazy! I had over 100 pictures so that's an awfully lot of credits...hahaaha

Tink

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just thought of something I would like to see, also curious if others would like it as well. I would love it if every time you used your single use pirate treasure chest pins you got some reward. It's so disappointing getting nothing, they at least had a very poor % of awarded pins. Something. Anything! At least 25 credits. :)

Grant

Get high through the lows
Cindrbellas said:
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just thought of something I would like to see, also curious if others would like it as well. I would love it if every time you used your single use pirate treasure chest pins you got some reward. It's so disappointing getting nothing, they at least had a very poor % of awarded pins. Something. Anything! At least 25 credits. :)
This!

think what would be really cool is if there is a "disney movie night" may like once a week (every friday or such) have a disney movie play for everyone to watch
not really sure how this would work but it would be cool to actually watch a movie with ur vmk friends (have like a little snack stand to set the mood) and we can vote on the movie for the week :J

maybe create a movie theater or drive in sort of thing :D

PaulinaKayy said:
think what would be really cool is if there is a "disney movie night" may like once a week (every friday or such) have a disney movie play for everyone to watch
not really sure how this would work but it would be cool to actually watch a movie with ur vmk friends (have like a little snack stand to set the mood) and we can vote on the movie for the week :J

maybe create a movie theater or drive in sort of thing :D
I kinda like this idea as well, but then again, I'm a complete sucker for Disney cartoons. It also goes along with the idea .... oooo I can't remember who first said it ..... to create a House of Mouse room off of the penny arcade. The show could play at the House of Mouse stage as well as the drive in & VMK central. That way there are lots of opportunities for anyone who wanted to watch to be able to.

that sounds good too and no one will be able to miss a viewing (i was thinking maybe for the movie when one is about to view every user would get a pop up message saying how much longer until it would start and of course there would be multiple viewings through out the day)

PaulinaKayy said:
that sounds good too and no one will be able to miss a viewing (i was thinking maybe for the movie when one is about to view every user would get a pop up message saying how much longer until it would start and of course there would be multiple viewings through out the day)
Sounds great to me...not sure if it would work though. Wondering what kind of load that would add to the server if any?

Jovey said:
I REALLY want an increase in the selection of hair colors and skin colors - it'd be lotsa fun to be able to dress up in all gray outfits or have cornflower blue hair!

they should have a color selection tool that we can use for clothes(starters) hair and skin tones