pay to play rooms

Ranch

Lol didn't say anything about any particular crowd being ignorant, I said those that are naive and ignorant of the value of certain items. If you're going to form a rebuttal to someones post, please at least do it with some intelligence and articulate what you're saying correctly. You're not even attempting to comprehend my point, or maybe you have and you just can't seem to grasp it. Whatever the case, if you're going to insist upon forming a false argument, please refrain from replying. You missed the concept completely, so there's no point in continuing this conversation if you're just going to go ****** for tat and not actually debate like a human being.

Thank you, enjoy your evening (or afternoon).
Rebuttal? AGAIN, you're the one who implied I said younger people are stupid, which isn't the case (3rd time I gotta tell you this, but you like to blah blah blah)..I didn't say younger people are stupid, EVERYBODY who plays a scam game is. Please read this about four times before we go round again.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Clearly, it is my room that is being attacked here. Let me run through my thought process, and then feel free to hate me afterwards. I opened this game because I wanted to get keys originally. My thought was people prefer other items to keys, so why make them struggle with the low probability crate game and instead try their luck at my game. Both of these things are a gamble, opening a crate and spinning a generator or two. I was willing to take the risk, and so were they. At no point did I attempt to scam anyone or take items and not give prizes. I was honest and fair to anyone who tried to play my game. YES, of course the game is low probability. I was giving 2 clocks or 10 walls as the prize. But I don't see how it is any different than the crate game. At no point did I pretend that the game was high probability and I even told people that asked that their chances of winning were slim. I apologize to anyone who feels they were personally threatened or misled by my game and I hope to receive some positive feedback in return so that I can make this game better if I decide to reopen in the future.
There's been multiple pay to play games, I'm not sure if this was referring just to your game, I didn't play yours but I did ask you about accepting regular items and the prize be a regular item in return, basically something of the same value as what was given to you. Other than that, I didn't see anything wrong with your game in particular but again I didn't play so I can't fully comment on the game itself but you don't strike me as a scammer.

Whispered

Look, you pay to play because you have the chance of winning an *AMAZINGLY* more expensive prize than other games. Same chances as if you didn't pay, but you have the chance to win an exponentially more worthwhile prize. So there *is* a reason for them.

Now if you choose to pay, I'm sure even an 8 year old knows what the dialog that comes up saying "this is not a trade it's a donation the other person ain't givin you nothin" means. If they don't, they should seriously not be on the internet yet.

If you think the people aren't giving the odds, I asked lost (before I myself played his game [and lost]) what his odds were. He admitted my odds were 12 percent. As long as they admit the odds, I think it's fine. It's when they take advantage of someone and lie about the odds/prize that there becomes an issue.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I don't trust pay to play rooms at all, even if their made by one of my friends. I agree that they should be banned, because I know SOME people will try to not rip people off, but there are a ton of people that will.

relizabeth

Clearly, it is my room that is being attacked here. Let me run through my thought process, and then feel free to hate me afterwards. I opened this game because I wanted to get keys originally. My thought was people prefer other items to keys, so why make them struggle with the low probability crate game and instead try their luck at my game. Both of these things are a gamble, opening a crate and spinning a generator or two. I was willing to take the risk, and so were they. At no point did I attempt to scam anyone or take items and not give prizes. I was honest and fair to anyone who tried to play my game. YES, of course the game is low probability. I was giving 2 clocks or 10 walls as the prize. But I don't see how it is any different than the crate game. At no point did I pretend that the game was high probability and I even told people that asked that their chances of winning were slim. I apologize to anyone who feels they were personally threatened or misled by my game and I hope to receive some positive feedback in return so that I can make this game better if I decide to reopen in the future.
to bad the odds of winning were pretty much as low as getting a rare hat and lower then getting a gold item. i will take my chances with the crate.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I think these games encourage gambling and should be banned :\

Even though I played those games many times :P
It really is a gambling game. Someone mentioned in Zachary's room yesterday that the calculated chance of winning his game is 3.3 percent. That's a worse probability than the crates. But I won't argue that it is entirely up to the person to play, no one can stop them nor force them to participate. However, there are some players that are new, maybe never even played VMK before, and perhaps are ignorant of the value of some items and could easily be scammed in to playing. I've declined to play those games because I don't want to risk my items and paying such a high price isn't worth it to me. I don't think anyone should be banned for having these games but I feel there should be a rule against them, or at least a policy about them to keep them a bit more strict.

So many people complain that the game isn't enough like the original VMK, well in the original VMK there was a rule against pay-to-play rooms/games because so many people were scammed. You can't pick and choose what you want to be like VMK and what you don't based on what is most beneficial to you. There's too many of us to please all of us. Either it's exactly like VMK, rules and all, or it's not. You can't always have it both ways.

That's just my take on it.

I tend to look at these game rooms like a carnival---having you ever walked down the midway of a carnival or fair and see these enormous prizes just sitting there waiting for the unsuspecting player to lay down their money to try and win one? It is said the bigger the prize the more difficult it is to win. Wln--yes it can be done but the odds are not in their favor. So, who loses? Not the owner of the game. They make out whether the player wins or looses because their inventory is so big from the previous players. They can afford to pay out the very lucky player. If we are going to have "pay to play" rooms then there should be some rules so people don't get scammed.