Pre-registration

relizabeth said:
Amy said:
DocHT said:
It would be great to pre-register for user names before the game opens, so we'll all be ready for Day One! Does anyone know if that is part of the plan? After seeing the pictures of the fireworks game and the dragon, my friends and I are getting pretty stoked!
It's not really needed. I haven't announced an opening day/time because I don't want it to get swamped in the same way OVMK did, that was a nightmare. It'll just pop up suddenly... very soon :)
Dont you at least need to give us a web address or no one will be on. If you have to tell us when it is at least up. I understand you dont want there to be a big rush. Also some people that cant be on every second of the day wont know that its up and will then not be able to get the first day pin. I say at least tell us a day. You dont have to say a certain time though.
They don't have to . We'll all be reloading the page to wait.

All signs point to the first day badge being available longer than a day.

Relax, everything will be fine. :-)

Andrew

Honestly, I think pre-registration should be allowed. People are not online all the time so some people may not be able to get the username they want or get to play the first day it opens. For example, someone who is in college, such as myself, has a different schedule every day. I would hate having the game open and someone taking the username I want while I am in class, hanging out with friends, or just busy doing something else.This goes for people in high school and people who work as well.

I think that it would be nice if peoples usernames they use for the forums were "reserved" for a certain amount of time. This would mean that no one else can take that username for a certain amount of time (allowing you to claim the username so you can be the same user on the forums and in the game). If the username is not claimed after a certain amount of time it can be "unreserved" and up for grabs for anyone to use. The reason I think this would be a good idea is because it makes it easier to find people from the forums in the game.

I completely understand. It's already been stated that they aren't doing it though. Debating it won't help us much.

Really, you're at risk for losing your username even if there's a pre registration.

Reserving forum names, if possible, could mean even more coding. Which, isn't entirely necessary.

Amy said:
DocHT said:
It would be great to pre-register for user names before the game opens, so we'll all be ready for Day One! Does anyone know if that is part of the plan? After seeing the pictures of the fireworks game and the dragon, my friends and I are getting pretty stoked!
It's not really needed. I haven't announced an opening day/time because I don't want it to get swamped in the same way OVMK did, that was a nightmare. It'll just pop up suddenly... very soon :)

Grant

Get high through the lows
Amy said:
DocHT said:
"soon"
im starting to dislike that word

Amy said:
DocHT said:
great idea amy! :D