Quest Feedback

HOST_Pegasus

Hi lovelies!
This thread has been made with the intention of receiving your feedback on quests that I have hosted myself or alongside fellow staff members.

1. Maurice's Assistant Quest
2. Inside Your Head Quest Series along with VMK_Rapunzel

Bring Stitch Home Quest Series along with VMK_Rapunzel, HOST_Duchess, and HOST_Rafiki
4. Date Night Quest Series
5. August Underrated Quest Series alongside VMK_Rapunzel, VMK_Honeylemon, GA_Lady

Feel free to speak your mind and be honest! Any feedback/opinions are much appreciated (:

xo

As I'm sure most of you know, Maurice's Assistant was the first quest that I've hosted, and I'd like to hear your feedback on it!

Please also feel free to leave any general feedback that you have about what you like to see in quests!

I liked the quest! Although it would not load the pictures when i was doing each tasks, i'm not sure why.I like a mixture of trivia and also games like Potc, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion included in quests.

I enjoyed the quest very much as it was.

Just two points really. If you do trivia-based quests please break it up so we don't sit there for 20+plus minutes just googling stuff. It gets boring ;) Oh! And don't do any trivia stuff immediately following a mini-game. Nothing worse then getting an answer wrong and having to re-do a mini-game grrrr

The other (for me) is that sometimes it is hard to get four people together to play POTC for a quest when the quest is spread out over 24 hours. HM isn't so bad as we only need to find one person to play.

Thank you for doing quests, they are fun to do and I get excited when I see them listed on the calendar :D

HOST_Pegasus

@Expect There weren't any pictures included in this quest, so it wasn't just for you that there wasn't any!
Thank you both for your feedback (:

I've already got some new stuff in the works, and while I know I won't be able to 100% make everyone happy with every quest that I create, I will do my best to create a variety that include what each of you are looking for!

Pinkie_Poof

I really enjoyed this quest! I liked how it was a bit challenging, made you think and pay attention. A few got me puzzled which is okay with me. I liked that it was longer. Some of the past quests I could complete in a few minutes, and honestly just looked at the pictures to know what to do and was done without taking the time to read the quest (sorry, but its true :( ) I liked having to go through the different rooms at that it was more of a hunt to find the right room, because some of the descriptions I thought could fit a few rooms. I was more exploring which was fun for me!

I am really bad at trivia and usually have to google or ask for help for the answers, but it gives variety. For games, PLEASE DONT MAKE US DO FIREWORKS.... I am so terrible at that game. But really, it is difficult for some users who may be on laptops, without a mouse, or even people with medical problems who may not have the coordination to do them. If you were to do a mini game, I would maybe mention that in the description of the quest as a warning so someone doesn't go through the quest to find out they aren't able to complete it. Also, would be nice to have a do-able score if you do decide to do a mini game.

Overall, this was my favorite quest and you did a great job! I also love how you were hanging around in-game to chat. Thank you so much for a fun adventure!

riddleguy

I really liked the inside your head quest series and love how you mentioned in the description what mini game and score we need and then had a separate trivia quest. I also enjoyed the surprise aspect. My only concern is the fact that theres no second chances for these quests. I was able to make it to do all 5 but not everyone may be able to. I think next time you should have a repeat date/dates,maybe keep the subject a surprise but then after the last quest in series announce repeat dates...or maybe even repeat all quests in the series on the same day.

HOST_Pegasus

Hello MyVMKers (:
Since the last quest in the Inside Your Head quest series just finished, myself and @VMK_Rapunzel want to hear from you.
Specifically the following:
1. What did you think about a quest series with somewhat related quests versus single quests?
2. What did you think about the difficulty of the quests?
3. Do you have any other questions/comments/concerns that you'd like us to know about regarding this quest series?

We know that some players expressed interest in having the quests repeat as most other quests are. The purpose of the quest series was to provide a larger variety of quests rather than a smaller number with repeats. We understand that it isn't always an option for players to be on for every single quest, but doing this series was our attempt at making the prizes (in this case the Emoji Mickey pins) more rare.

I know I speak for both Rapunzel and myself when I say we had such a fun time creating the quests and the rooms they were held in. We hope you enjoyed them as much as we did, and we are looking to do something similar in the future. That is, however, only if it's something that you all want to see again! (:

1. What did you think about a quest series with somewhat related quests versus single quests?
I love the quest series, I mean usually the quests are all based off the months theme anyways so its just official.
Even with how much I hate FW I do appreciate you all doing the games cause 1) makes me have to not be lazy and 2) makes it more difficult to complete which I enjoy
3. Do you have any other questions/comments/concerns that you'd like us to know about regarding this quest series?
Do more; please and thank you :)

I did greatly enjoy the quests, and the series! And the emoji pins are absolutely adorable <3

Pinkie_Poof

1) I actually loved this quest as a series! I thought the beginning room and then each character's room was amazing and very well done! It flowed nicely together and felt like it really was that emotion's room! It felt like a month-long quest with a really cool story exploring each emotion/character. I really loved it.
2) I thought some of the trivia was a little tricky, but I just had to do a little google searching for the specific parts of the movies or trial and error. (I'm really bad at trivia, so this is just mostly my own weakness). Again, a lot of the answers were easily found with a quick google search and there are lots of players willing to help :)
Also, I actually liked not having pictures in the quest (maybe an unpopular opinion here), but so many times the pictures just kind of give away what you need to do in regards to emotes and such. It made me actually guess and READ the story I know you gals put work into! I like actually DOING the quest and not just flying by to get it done, so for that, it was nice!
The mini-games scores were achievable, even for the Fireworks game I'm not a huge fan of (teehee), so that was nice! The hungry ship battle pirates were happy when that quest was out, because more people were playing! ;)
3) Thank you for putting in the mini games and for making it so you didn't have to redo the mini game if you failed the next trivia question. I super appreciated that! I would love to have more quest series like this in the future! As for not repeating, I agree, it makes the items more rare and then people will trade for the items they missed. Thank you both for making this quest, I had a lot of fun! I look forward to more in the future!! <3

Hello MyVMKers (:
Since the last quest in the Inside Your Head quest series just finished, myself and @@VMK_Rapunzel want to hear from you.
Specifically the following:
1. What did you think about a quest series with somewhat related quests versus single quests? I don't mind either.
2. What did you think about the difficulty of the quests? Some of them acquired attention to detail, which i didn't mind. I got stuck a few times lol but thank goodness, players were helping me :). I don't mind the difficulty of the quests. I like the challenging aspect of that part.
3. Do you have any other questions/comments/concerns that you'd like us to know about regarding this quest series? Ple ase try not to put Fireworks as a task, or like only make the score at like 500 lol. I have a hard time with that game, as many others. But overall, good job with the quests series. You guys put in a lot of work making them. Thank you.

riddleguy

Here are my answers.
I like both styles! I think its good to have a mix of quest series and single quests. I thought the mix for last month was perfect!
I think it was good. For a future series,a potential good option is you could have the quests get progessively more challenging. The first quest in the series could be easy,second could be neither hard nor easy, and the last quest could be the hardest one of the series. The hardest one of the series doesn't even have to be hard could just simply be more challenging then the others
I was concerned about the fact it didnt repeat but now that i know the reasoning is to make items more rare. I agree with pinkie_poof now and as she said people can just trade for the items they missed.

HOST_Pegasus

Hi Everyone!

Congratulations on Bringing Stitch Home through this quest series! I hope you all had fun throughout the series, and enjoyed finding some new experiments along the way!

Aside from the technical issues with the car magic not working very well the second time, and disconnecting after mini-games, are there any other improvements that you feel the quest structure needs? What did you think of this series? Was there anything you loved? Anything you'd prefer to not be included? How was the difficulty?

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! It helps to hear how you players feel towards quests so that future quests can be adapted to all preferences!

Thanks in advance for your feedback! (:

I really enjoyed the entire quest series. My car magic worked fine but I know a lot of folk had difficulties. Perhaps, next time, just use any magic once so players don't have the reset issue. I really appreciated getting the minigames out of the way early. There is nothing more discouraging then going through a long quest and being hit with Fireworks at the very end so thank you for designing the last Stitch the way you did. I like the idea of the quest series as opposed to just repeating the same one several times in a month. More work for you'all but really, really enjoyable. Thanks so much and please keep making them.

riddleguy

I thought the quest was perfect except for the technical issues using magic. Diving magic didnt work for me either when i did it and it normally works fine. I think the major technical annoyances stems from the repeated use of car magic...but i think there would have been issues if it had been repeated use of any magic so going forward maybe only have us use a specfic magic once per quest or try to space out the use to reduce the wait time for it to be usuable. Like for the last stitch quest maybe it would have been better to have us use car magic the first time at the beginning and then do the second time one of the tasks after the mini game tasks.

Pinkie_Poof

Hey Pegasus! I loved the quest! I appreciate you and the staff helping with the technical issues, and understand that was out of anyone's control.

I guess I would suggest for future quests to spread out the magic (like car magic in this instance twice in a row) uses so the magic itself has time to reboot. So maybe do car, something else, dive, something else and then car again? A mini game in-between would be enough time for the magic to be usable again (or close to it). I'm not sure if having the magic use at the start of the quest before the mini games would have made it any better? Then it would have been easier to just redo the quest ourselves for glitches. I think there was frustration of trying to do all the mini-games first and having to find partners for POTC and HM, and then have glitches towards the end after completing the hardest part which were the games. I thought the mini-game scores were doable. I also liked knowing in the quest info that we would need to complete mini games and what scores were needed, so right away players would know if this was something they knew they would be able to do.

Again, I really enjoyed it as a series and I think the difficulty for the last quest (minus technical difficulties) were well worth the reward of the quest! Thanks again! <3

Aside from the technical issues .... are there any other improvements that you feel the quest structure needs? What did you think of this series? Was there anything you loved? Anything you'd prefer to not be included? How was the difficulty?
I really appreciated getting the minigames out of the way early. There is nothing more discouraging then going through a long quest and being hit with Fireworks at the very end so thank you for designing the last Stitch the way you did.
^^ Agree totally with this.
I thought the mini-game scores were doable. I also liked knowing in the quest info that we would need to complete mini games and what scores were needed, so right away players would know if this was something they knew they would be able to do.
^^ Agree again.

My main bugbear is the quest expiring if you get dc'd - are you able to stop the quest expiring if you dc and relog back in immediately? Sometimes to clear a glitch you have to do that and I know that has (fortunately) been done for people who get dc'd whilst waiting in host queues. Log back in immediately - quest saved, log back in 5 minutes later - tough luck, start again. Just wondering :)

My other pet hate is playing POTC. Although the score was very low (thank you!!!) trying to get enough players for it can send you crazy unless you do the quest as soon as it starts (which would be 5am for me so nope, not doing that).

Otherwise I loved doing the quests (and prizes), thank you!

HOST_Pegasus

As always, I appreciate your feedback, and would love to get it on this latest series, the Date Night Quest Series!

I know there were issues with the Hercules and Megara quest with Haunted Mansion, and the Rapunzel and Eugene quest with the bat magic. The feedback I am looking for from you is more regarding structure and content rather than technical difficulties! I understand technical difficulties are a huge pain, and I am hoping that we can get all of the known problems with quests worked out ASAP, because I have lots of fun ideas that won't work well if everyone gets disconnected and has to restart.

Enough of my ramble hehe. Please leave your questions/comments/concerns regarding this quest series here! Thank you all in advance for your opinions - I really care about what you all think and I want to ensure that future quests are catering to everyone's likes and dislikes as best as possible!

xo​

As always, I appreciate your feedback, and would love to get it on this latest series, the Date Night Quest Series!
I know there were issues with the Hercules and Megara quest with Haunted Mansion, and the Rapunzel and Eugene quest with the bat magic. The feedback I am looking for from you is more regarding structure and content rather than technical difficulties! I understand technical difficulties are a huge pain, and I am hoping that we can get all of the known problems with quests worked out ASAP, because I have lots of fun ideas that won't work well if everyone gets disconnected and has to restart.

Enough of my ramble hehe. Please leave your questions/comments/concerns regarding this quest series here! Thank you all in advance for your opinions - I really care about what you all think and I want to ensure that future quests are catering to everyone's likes and dislikes as best as possible!

xo
I am going to keep saying it - having POTC as part of a quest means having to wait around for 3 other players, sometimes a very long time. There just isn't the player base anymore to help make that part of it easy to do. Yes, there might be a certain part of the day where more players are on but that doesn't help people in other time zones or those who have real life things to do at that time.

The other problem is regarding HM (which I love) is that arrgh! moment when you get the popup "problem entering the room" at the end - Amy managed to fix it so you still got your credits but it does make the quest expire and you have to start all over again. If that part was fixed then HM would be fine to have as you only need one other player to start the game.

Other than that - I loved this series. Thank you for the time and effort you put into it :)

riddleguy

I enjoyed the hercules and meg quest and had no techinical difficulties but wish you would mentioned beforehand we had to play haunted mansion 3 times so i could have done it later cause i was only antipatiing to play haunted mansion and pirates once. Also i wish you would have rescheduled that quest and ran it after myvmkpal was back up,even through a bunch of players like myself could play without fine, i know there were players who couldnt get on without myvmkpal.