Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myth

Honestly the shoutbox has needed to be gone since the beginning of MyVMK. Ever since the beginning it has been a source for spontaneous and pointless arguments (which I admit, I have been in multiple). It can be fun at times, but then stuff like this happens .-.
It needs to be gone for good. I made a thread about this a while ago in January;
http://forums.myvmk.com/index.php?threads/down-with-the-shoutbox.9085/

Honestly the shoutbox has needed to be gone since the beginning of MyVMK. Ever since the beginning it has been a source for spontaneous and pointless arguments (which I admit, I have been in multiple). It can be fun at times, but then stuff like this happens .-.
It needs to be gone for good. I made a thread about this a while ago in January;
http://forums.myvmk.com/index.php?threads/down-with-the-shoutbox.9085/
I think that the shoutbox was a great asset. I was able to just go on there and ask a quick question and get a quick response without having to post a thread. I was able to get updates on things happening without having to start a thread. It was just an easy place to go to. Plus I could start conversations late at night with people and not feel so alone on here.

Myth

I think that the shoutbox was a great asset. I was able to just go on there and ask a quick question and get a quick response without having to post a thread. I was able to get updates on things happening without having to start a thread. It was just an easy place to go to. Plus I could start conversations late at night with people and not feel so alone on here.
You can always do that ingame though :)

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Really if people would just listen to the shout box moderators and when they said change the topic or stop it then it would still be there. The amount of disrespect for them is awful. It is like people do not know how to step away and just stop they have no turn off button. So it is gone because people are not capable of behaving themselves. It is sad because there was no need for what was happening tonight. I was appalled.

I was just about to say this myself.. I agree! Although I do think the shoutbox was way past due for a little temporary break.

Myth

Some people are not able to log onto the game. I was able to access forums via my cell phone or ipad not able to get on the game using those devices.
Okay, I get that. there are still other ways to find out important updates through things like facebook and twitter. If not, you can just message someone and ask them

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
You can always do that ingame though :)

Something that lots of people enjoy shouldn't be removed because a few spoiled eggs are being immature twerps. I think there's too much leniency in the shoutbox right now. So many situations get out of control because multiple warnings are given out to certain members and by the time they are banned from shoutbox, it's escalated to a point that's not capable of being controlled anymore. People say the staff abuse their powers in SB, but I see far more cases of members abusing the rules than I do the opposite way around. A lot of members feel as if this is their own game and they're allowed to do or say whatever they want and that causes 99% of the problems in shoutbox. More serious action needs to be taken for people whose sole purpose here is to be unpleasant, break the rules, stir the pot, and cause chaos. It's not fair for the rest of us trying to enjoy the game and have a fun and nostalgic experience.

It's sad that first all I did was ask a question and I get attitude. Then I comment on why people are feeling the way they are, and I get attitude. She wasn't showing any respect to me either. Forbid I give a suggestion on why this stuff keeps happening.

Something that lots of people enjoy shouldn't be removed because a few spoiled eggs are being immature twerps. I think there's too much leniency in the shoutbox right now. So many situations get out of control because multiple warnings are given out to certain members and by the time they are banned from shoutbox, it's escalated to a point that's not capable of being controlled anymore. People say the staff abuse their powers in SB, but I see far more cases of members abusing the rules than I do the opposite way around. A lot of members feel as if this is their own game and they're allowed to do or say whatever they want and that causes 99% of the problems in shoutbox. More serious action needs to be taken for people whose sole purpose here is to be unpleasant, break the rules, stir the pot, and cause chaos. It's not fair for the rest of us trying to enjoy the game and have a fun and nostalgic experience.
Preach it, Rev. @Oreo

Exodus

Okay, I get that. there are still other ways to find out important updates through things like facebook and twitter. If not, you can just message someone and ask them
What if you don't use a facebook or don't feel it's necessary to get involved with the group on a personal social media such as facebook? It shouldn't be a requirement to catch up on the latest things. Also, twitter or the homepage doesn't mention everything like the bird hat release.

Status
Not open for further replies.