Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something that lots of people enjoy shouldn't be removed because a few spoiled eggs are being immature twerps. I think there's too much leniency in the shoutbox right now. So many situations get out of control because multiple warnings are given out to certain members and by the time they are banned from shoutbox, it's escalated to a point that's not capable of being controlled anymore. People say the staff abuse their powers in SB, but I see far more cases of members abusing the rules than I do the opposite way around. A lot of members feel as if this is their own game and they're allowed to do or say whatever they want and that causes 99% of the problems in shoutbox. More serious action needs to be taken for people whose sole purpose here is to be unpleasant, break the rules, stir the pot, and cause chaos. It's not fair for the rest of us trying to enjoy the game and have a fun and nostalgic experience.
YES! I agree with this!

What if you don't use a facebook or don't feel it's necessary to get involved with the group on a personal social media such as facebook? It shouldn't be a requirement to catch up on the latest things. Also, twitter or the homepage doesn't mention everything like the bird hat release.
Have updates on the forum or the main gamepage.

Myth

What if you don't use a facebook or don't feel it's necessary to get involved with the group on a personal social media such as facebook? It shouldn't be a requirement to catch up on the latest things. Also, twitter or the homepage doesn't mention everything like the bird hat release.
I knew someone would say this lol
Even so, there are still alternatives. Make a large conversation with a lot of people and whenever there is new news then someone can say there --

Even so, there are still alternatives. Make a large conversation with a lot of people and whenever there is new news then someone can say there --
Not to mention there is skype or kik. Most people at least one friend they are really close to and talk to on a somewhat daily basis.

Exodus

Have updates on the forum or the main gamepage.
I thought the point was to get quick access to information, not read one essay long post after another. I kid..

What if I'm not socially gifted to have or make any friends? Jk :P

Yet again I would like to add that the shoutbox was also a place for me to talk to people that would stay up late with me. I felt very comfortable there and enjoy conversations with everyone in it. It may have been a way to get quick news, but it was also a great way to just have a conversation and talk about anything!

Sophia

Maybe the MyVMK staff should update Twitter and the homepage more often? It really shouldn't be our job to update people via sb. I think it's staffs' job to update people.

Myth

Yet again I would like to add that the shoutbox was also a place for me to talk to people that would stay up late with me. I felt very comfortable there and enjoy conversations with everyone in it. It may have been a way to get quick news, but it was also a great way to just have a conversation and talk about anything!
We can make a 24 hour tinychat if anyone would like to.

Exodus

Maybe the MyVMK staff should update Twitter and the homepage more often? It really shouldn't be our job to update people via sb. I think it's staffs' job to update people.
Thank you this is exactly where I was trying to get at. It takes seconds to update twitter.

We can make a 24 hour tinychat if anyone would like to.
I don't understand why a non-affiliated, second-hand site has to even be used for communication.

You can make group pm conversations.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
My FB got caught by the servers and deleted (somehow), and I don't feel comfortable following MyVMK on Twitter. I liked the SB to give me IG updates, as well as a place to hang out. However, I just saw a lot of incessant fighting over nothing, so I feel "meh" about the removal.

That wouldn't be fun. Then random people could not join our conversations instead it would be a select group.
There would be less arguments. The trend seems to be people fighting over opinions. Or people getting attacked over a suggestion. It's clear we can't all talk to each other.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member

Something that lots of people enjoy shouldn't be removed because a few spoiled eggs are being immature twerps. I think there's too much leniency in the shoutbox right now. So many situations get out of control because multiple warnings are given out to certain members and by the time they are banned from shoutbox, it's escalated to a point that's not capable of being controlled anymore. People say the staff abuse their powers in SB, but I see far more cases of members abusing the rules than I do the opposite way around. A lot of members feel as if this is their own game and they're allowed to do or say whatever they want and that causes 99% of the problems in shoutbox. More serious action needs to be taken for people whose sole purpose here is to be unpleasant, break the rules, stir the pot, and cause chaos. It's not fair for the rest of us trying to enjoy the game and have a fun and nostalgic experience.

Wow, I was kinda bummed when I got on here a few minutes ago to see the shoutbox gone. But I'd have to agree with you, too many people were misbehaving and were just being immature. The shoutbox was the place where I asked about events and trading, and certain questions, but now since a few immature people had to ruin this it affects everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.