Quick suggestion

Lost

The staff probably have this mentality already but there are A LOT of good ideas and suggestions on this forum, as well as the excitement of being able to release now content. However, even if the staff are already thinking this I would just like to say I would rather that the core components of the game were made priority before bringing in new ideas and content.

Obviously have some new stuff during the process of release is fine if that's what the staff would like to do but I don't want you guys to bite off more than you can chew trying to accommodate all the great new ideas but instead focus more on the foundations of the game, the game that we all remember. There's plenty of time to work out kinks of new items, and what not but I would rather have a functioning game with the main components I loved and remember instead of a bunch of new items, rooms, clothes, content in general.

Anyway you guys probably are already working with all this in mind but I do hope you focus on what you already have instead of taking on new small projects for the game so early on.

Geggy

Lost said:
The staff probably have this mentality already but there are A LOT of good ideas and suggestions on this forum, as well as the excitement of being able to release now content. However, even if the staff are already thinking this I would just like to say I would rather that the core components of the game were made priority before bringing in new ideas and content.
:geek: agreed :geek:

I kind of feel like with people suggesting so many new things, it's going to cause them to delay the release even further. If we just let them work and release the game when they feel it is complete, it will probably happen sooner instead of holding off to add all of the new ideas immediately. I don't know about anyone else, but I would prefer the game to be released sooner with less content and have them gradually add more, than to keep waiting. That's just a guess though, I could be completely wrong.

Lost said:

Obviously have some new stuff during the process of release is fine if that's what the staff would like to do but I don't want you guys to bite off more than you can chew trying to accommodate all the great new ideas but instead focus more on the foundations of the game, the game that we all remember. There's plenty of time to work out kinks of new items, and what not but I would rather have a functioning game with the main components I loved and remember instead of a bunch of new items, rooms, clothes, content in general.

Anyway you guys probably are already working with all this in mind but I do hope you focus on what you already have instead of taking on new small projects for the game so early on.
Keep in mind, certain core things require time, or a release schedule, like the pin sets of the month, others require a lot of work, and some can be done mostly by the community, with negligible work on Amy's part, but with a worthwhile payoff, IE 2 days of work might keep us distracted for 5 days until we can get a core aspect like Fireworks working.

Lost

The_Jedi_Master said:
Lost said:

Keep in mind, certain core things require time, or a release schedule, like the pin sets of the month, others require a lot of work, and some can be done mostly by the community, with negligible work on Amy's part, but with a worthwhile payoff, IE 2 days of work might keep us distracted for 5 days until we can get a core aspect like Fireworks working.
I do realise that but many a game has took on too much and suffered because of it. I just think if they focus their efforts mostly on what VMK was, then there will come a point where we can focus more on the ideas from the community, sure stuff from the old game can be changed but we're remaking a game, it's going to have new stuff but it's still gonna have the core of the old game.

I just don't want staff to try do to much early on and crash like other attempts have, a lot has been done already but a lot more has to be done which is why I think new content and ideas should be held off on for the most part, not completely but I want the core game back first.

Jasmine

Geggy said:
Lost said:
:geek: agreed :geek:
Same. Don't attempt or "force" anything to be "rare" so early on. The only thing people cared about in OVMK was trading... Focus on the "rare" stuff after all the games are out. (Or at least the best one: Pirates :P.)

pluto-pluto

So Mod! AKA Moderate Moderator
I felt panic with OVMK - too much was happening to quick and the game became work very quickly. I think well announced and well timed releases are key to keeping players happy. :)