Re-authentication problem

Edit: This has been resolved, thank you so much, everyone, for your help!!

Hello there!

I've been having an issue with getting online the past few days.
When I log in, everything loads fine; up until it loads the furniture data. I then get taken to the Re-authenticate page to re-apply my password, etc.
However, I never get past that point, as it keeps happening every time I try to log in.

I have uninstalled and then re-installed the full version of Shockwave, and tried other browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer (I currently use Chrome).
I have also cleared my DNS Cache.
My operating system is Windows 7.

My sister can log in just fine on her computer, and we use the same Router to access the internet, so I don't believe this is a connection issue? I'm not sure if it's something as simple as whenever I try the server is just down, or something more complex that I could fix.

Any help on clearing this up would be great! (: Thank you!

Last edited:

Jasmine

The re-authentication problem is a Shockwave issue. You probably don't have the full version installed (did you specifically get it from here?). If you do have the full version, then you should try downgrading.

Yes, I'm able to log in using her computer.
I do have the full version of Shockwave, I downloaded it from that site. I'll try downgrading to the slim version and see if that works. (:

Jasmine

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough - don't downgrade to the slim version, downgrade to Shockwave 11.

Oh, my bad! Sorry about misunderstanding.
I downgraded to an earlier version, however when I try to enter the game, an error shows up on the screen saying that my Shockwave player is out of date, and to update it. : (
I clicked "Run this time" to see what would happen, only to get the same Re-authenticate page as before.

Hi there!

I tried all that was suggested on that topic, only to have this appear on the game client screen:

And I'm unsure as to whether or not I should allow this?

Jasmine

Yes, you can allow it.

Ok once you did that, now try clear cookies/cache etc...
Check your shockwave also!

(basically go through steps in my thread again)

CCLeaner is downloading now, thanks Jason!
I went through the steps of your thread again (Clearing my cache/cookies manually through chrome, etc), Halcyon, but I got the same result as before; Re-authenticate screen every time.

edit: Also cleared my cookies/cache with CCLeaner and tried again; same result.

No I haven't been. but I re-applied everything on Halcyon's thread and tested it out this morning on IE/Firefox/Chrome and got the same result as I did with Chrome; Re-authenticate.
With Firefox I got this little pop-up when the game was loading:

I don't dabble with Firefox much, so I'm not sure if a plug-in I have is causing the issue??

I'm really sorry for having so many issues with my computer and everything, guys! But I'd like to take the chance to thank you for helping me this far (: It means a lot.

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
I know it may sound silly, but have you tried restarting the computer? I had the same issue once and I usually don't turn off my laptop, I usually just shut it and put it away and I restarted it and it was fixed!