Seriously? NPC Amounts have dropped?

I was surprised they dropped way down to 50 each for the NPC so soon. Even with the release of Fireworks. But it is what it is.

Geggy

Huh. Then I suppose doubling the credits to 100 is fair enough.
So, if you double the credits, you'd want us to get 600 credits a day from NPC's? Just trying to clarify...

People are saying that VMK was fully functional with 9 NPC's, yet when comparing apples-to-apples with the number of NPC's we're actually getting significantly more from NPC's than from VMK (150 percent increase). If VMK only had three NPC's, we'd only be getting 120 credits a day from them.

3 NPC's = 150 credits, twice a day (MyVMK)
9 NPC's = 180 credits, twice a day (VMK)

Brain

I have to say, as someone who doesn't like Fireworks, earning credits has now become a pain. I feel the NPCs should give out a random amount from 50 to x in order to randomize how many credits you get every 12 hours. Logically, giving everyone 600 credits per NPC is bonkers. But, 50 is also too low for those who don't really like Fireworks like myself.

I have to say, as someone who doesn't like Fireworks, earning credits has now become a pain. I feel the NPCs should give out a random amount from 50 to x in order to randomize how many credits you get every 12 hours. Logically, giving everyone 600 credits per NPC is bonkers. But, 50 is also too low for those who don't really like Fireworks like myself.
I am actually in favor of this. Why not randomize the NPC credit distribution? Perhaps ranging from 50-200?

So, if you double the credits, you'd want us to get 600 credits a day from NPC's? Just trying to clarify...

People are saying that VMK was fully functional with 9 NPC's, yet when comparing apples-to-apples with the number of NPC's we're actually getting significantly more from NPC's than from VMK (150 percent increase). If VMK only had three NPC's, we'd only be getting 120 credits a day from them.

3 NPC's = 150 credits, twice a day (MyVMK)
9 NPC's = 180 credits, twice a day (VMK)
Fully functional as in there were multiple games to play. I never played Beta VMK, but in the year or two? that I was playing before it closed, I saw the price of pins AND hats go up. I thought it was crazy to have 2000 credit hats and 10000 magic out the first week and having to walk on top of each other to grab a 25 credit clam! I got a few games of Fireworks in with a reward of over 300, but I've also gotten like 16 credits when I didn't try at all, just to see where it landed. As new players spend time and get better, my rewards will go down naturally, as I won't place in the top 3, since I'm truly a pirate girl. If the NPC's going down in value is to reduce muling, great, but at least put back 25 credit clams for those who can't place in top 3 of fireworks.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Yeah, but what percentages would run this? It's also just more work for Amy and her staff, who are trying to work on and add other mini-games so you can earn credits. And then what would happen if you get people who get 50 credits all the time? They're just going to complain about that. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just listing consequences that could happen from this.

I mean come on guys. Items/achievements/anything you get from playing a game are all things that show how much you have played the game. All I heard before the game started is that items should be at prices that are achievable to get to. For instance the 2000 credit hats when the game opened: I would assume many of us suspected that at least ONE of these hats would be removed over the weekend, which the Flip Hat was. This means, and if I'm remembering correctly, everyone who created one account and got the NPC credit at those high amounts over that weekend had a 2/5 chance to choose a hat that had a possibility to be removed. (This is of course not factoring in the deadly case of Clone Syndrome that developed but if people need to have everything then let them.) I see a majority of the people in this game going on about how they need to have everything and that they need some easier way of credits for that to happen.

Everyone just needs to be patient and wait for other ways of credits to come out. It might take some time but if you keep asking for something that is done to be changed or switched then all you are doing is delaying these new ways of credits to make it into the game.

I am sorry I opened such a can of worms. My goal was never to get people in an argument. I am just trying to understand how we are supposed to be able to get high-priced items with so few ways to make credits. Truly, it is not a huge deal. I guess I just have to choose carefully what items I really want in-game the most. (like real life)

I am sorry I opened such a can of worms. My goal was never to get people in an argument. I am just trying to understand how we are supposed to be able to get high-priced items with so few ways to make credits. Truly, it is not a huge deal. I guess I just have to choose carefully what items I really want in-game the most. (like real life)

Some people take the game too seriously I presume. Especially those whom are doing significantly well. I am in favor of random credit distribution every 12 hours from NPCs. Maybe ranging from 50-200 credits. Therefore we would have just about enough to start saving for items while earning credits other ways. I am all for helping the community, as I know many do not have time to constantly play fireworks.

well considering playing fireworks makes me want to quit mvmk cause i hate it so much i think decreasing the credit amounts for the shells/NPCs was a bad idea

and i don't wanna rly log in anymore cause im BROKE and my room is PATHETIC

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Sorry, if I seemed a bit harsh or something. I truthfully would enjoy seeing more credits on the NPC's but I want to see the game developed further so that we don't have to worry about these kind of problems! I truthfully only have many credits to my name and nothing else really. I have just learned that you need to keep the bank full otherwise you might miss some really good stuff. Everyone shouldn't be able to get everything though, that is how trading gets in to the mix to get any of the stuff you may have missed. You could also see if people might be able to get something you might need.

Some people take the game too seriously I presume. Especially those whom are doing significantly well. I am in favor of random credit distribution every 12 hours from NPCs. Maybe ranging from 50-200 credits. Therefore we would have just about enough to start saving for items while earning credits other ways. I am all for helping the community, as I know many do not have time to constantly play fireworks.
I know this as well. I only have certain times that I can dedicate to playing fireworks. I just want to see progress forward for the game so the community can have more options for credits in the future. If the community keeps asking for changes to what we have than progress forward is going to be slowed. That's all I'm trying to say. I don't have many things in the game as I've chosen to save credits and buy stuff I want as it is released from the day the game started. I mean come on, wouldn't you rather see pirates sooner? I know I would.

Nexut

I think that npc's should only give the amount they offer but only when more games are offered. The shell game isn't a great idea at all imo and I'm horrible at fireworks. I just wish npc's would give the amount they have been given until at least a 2nd game is released. just my opinion :P

I agree that if we have full priced pins, we should have NPCs at the level they were before. So if we can't get all of them, pump up the credits for the ones we do have. I assume Amy wants people to play, but many of us don't have all day to go clamming or play fireworks and if it gets too frustrating then people will not bother.

Fiyero

I would just quickly like to bring back up a point InaDaze brought up: Everyone isn't meant to get everything. That's why trading is brought into the picture. You trade someone items they desire for items you missed or vice versa. Personally, I think the game would lose a lot of it's appeal if everyone was just easily able to get of every item. That would completely throw trading out of the window except to the new players, who likely wouldn't have a desirable thing to trade anyways, at least for a good bit of time when they could build up the stockpile that everyone else in the game has amassed. If getting all the items is really that important to you, invest time in it and go play some games of fireworks or hunt shells for a little while everyday. If you can't make time, then obviously the item isn't as important to you as you might think.

Also, let me debunk another point. People are saying that Fireworks is a time consuming game. I'd like to point out that most of the other games in VMK that gave a good amount of Credits (Pirates, Haunted Mansion) were also time consuming.

I really don't mean to offend or be rude when saying this and I'm not pointing out anyway specifically so please don't take this personally, but I just really need to get this off my chest and I know other people agree with me. I feel as though a lot of the people playing this game right now are very entitled. They think that just because they take the time to log in everyday they should get a mass of credits and multiples of every item available at the time. This is simply not true. It's as myself and other members on this thread have said: You have to put time into the game to get something out.

It's the same thing as school or work. You put time into a project and try to make it your best and you get a good grade on it. So if you put time into this game and work for credits and items, then you will get those items. You don't have a right to any of those items. But you can work for the credits and earn them same as everyone else.

/rant