Should Green Flip Hat be released again??

Should VMK release the green flip again?

• Yes! I want to see in come back in game.

Votes: 88 48.4%
  • No! it was retired for a reason!

Votes: 57 31.3%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 37 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it should be re-released. No, I don't have one, but I'm not just saying it should because I don't. I don't think it was particularly fair to release it and retire it so soon. Especially because the mickey ears were out much longer than the green flip was. Everyone talks about making an economy in the game but how do you expect newer players to ever make one if the players who already hoard rare items don't want them to come back? I don't see the green flip as a super rare item anyways because a lot of players already have it. And the price people are asking to trade for it I find utterly ridiculous, but if people want to trade things that are even more rare for one hat, then that's on them. But that's just my opinion. However, I don't think "rare" items should ever be completely taken off either. They need to make a reappearance eventually in order to keep the "economy" going.

Well, as you say, tough luck.

Virtual economies get thrown out of whack when it is a known fact that no retired item will ever be re-released. This is what I call the VFK Problem: if you weren't hoarding from beta in VFK, you're basically done. If you want a balanced and fair economy, you need to throw a few curveballs. Things need to be randomly retired and re-released.
Sorry, but that is entirely wrong. You can't and won't keep an in-game "economy" stable if you reintroduce discontinued items. Especially when it's the item that has been established as the most rare and desirable item in the game. You can't use the word "fair" when talking about discontinued items. There is no "economy" for discontinued items since it's all street value and every single trade will be different for that item. If you were to reintroduce flip hat for even one day the value would crash. Why? Because everyone knows that it's the rarest item in the game with a ridiculous value and everyone is going to buy as many as possible. Even if Amy were to reintroduce it and then discontinue it again, the value will crash tremendously.

idk how much experience you have with rare item trade in other games, but reintroducing rares to make it "fair" NEVER works. Never has, never will. If you want to see the rare item trade flourish you and everyone else needs to stop asking for items to be reintroduced. Some items will be more rare than others, that's a fact. People had the opportunity to buy the item at the time and they either neglected to buy it or simply weren't present at the time. That falls under one category, tough luck.

Tough luck is the only category that any and all rares fall under.

John

I could honestly care less. It's not the reason why I play the game.
I'd rather spend my time goofing off on vmk than trying to get virtually wealthy.
Why can't more people be like you???
Everyone wants to be "rich" so bad

For those who said everyone who said "no" has one, just a reminder that if you actually read the thread, you'll see a few people who didn't have one said no to it as well. To the user who said the game should have everything in the catalogue and everyone can just social - heh - fun day dreams to have, eh?

Amy has announced that every item retired in beta will obviously make a return in the future. If this economy truly lived off of 76 flip hats in the game, it'd be ridiculous. The item WILL make a return, maybe not so soon, but in the future. I don't understand what the big deal is to begin with. It's a bunch of different coloured pixels... Who cares? I bought my flip hat because I truly liked it, it was my favourite in-game item in the Original VMK and so I bought it. When it retired, I was upset because I usually like to buy doubles. I won't even look at an offer for it because I don't want to bother wanting it back afterward. But I'll tell you now, if it re-released, I'd be one of those people you guys hate so much that buy 100000000 of them.

It should be released again, just not sometime soon. I'll be pretty disappointed if the green flip ends up being the rarest thing. There are much cooler hats that I think are more appropriate to make super rare. The green flip is a simple baseball hat, not even directly Disney related.

I personally don't see the big deal about flip hats. I never had a real desire for them in original VMK. I will say, however, if I do happen upon the item for free without working for it, I will gladly accept. Why? Because it's a rare. I'll just stash it and be on dat cool status.
But no, I wouldn't care if they were introduced again or not.

For those who said everyone who said "no" has one, just a reminder that if you actually read the thread, you'll see a few people who didn't have one said no to it as well. To the user who said the game should have everything in the catalogue and everyone can just social - heh - fun day dreams to have, eh?

Amy has announced that every item retired in beta will obviously make a return in the future. If this economy truly lived off of 76 flip hats in the game, it'd be ridiculous. The item WILL make a return, maybe not so soon, but in the future. I don't understand what the big deal is to begin with. It's a bunch of different coloured pixels... Who cares? I bought my flip hat because I truly liked it, it was my favourite in-game item in the Original VMK and so I bought it. When it retired, I was upset because I usually like to buy doubles. I won't even look at an offer for it because I don't want to bother wanting it back afterward. But I'll tell you now, if it re-released, I'd be one of those people you guys hate so much that buy 100000000 of them.
How is it ridiculous? lol? If you say you don't care why are you even bothering to post? It's already glaringly apparent that you do along with everyone else who says they don't care. And when/if it is reintroduced no one's going to hate anyone who's buying them they'll hate Amy. Why? Because you don't create rare items and the reintroduce them because a few people got butthurt. If Amy is 100 percent planning on reintroducing all rares in the future, even if it's for an hour, ALL RARITY WILL BE NULL across the board for all items.

Myth

Obviously, everyone wants what they don't have.
But i have to say No because, as Amy stated before, it was retired to start the economy and if it came back then all the people who traded big amounts of items for it would feel mad that they did that.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
How is it ridiculous? lol? If you say you don't care why are you even bothering to post? It's already glaringly apparent that you do along with everyone else who says they don't care. And when/if it is reintroduced no one's going to hate anyone who's buying them they'll hate Amy. Why? Because you don't create rare items and the reintroduce them because a few people got butthurt. If Amy is 100 percent planning on reintroducing all rares in the future, even if it's for an hour, ALL RARITY WILL BE NULL across the board for all items.
The way any rare should be reintroduced is through something that is quite difficult to obtain or a small chance of luck. What I would like to see in the future when quests are up and running is that a small number of them appear as prizes in the Quest Kiosks done by Hosts. I remember VMK doing this quite a bit to reintroduce some rarer items. And it makes it a pure chance of luck for anyone to get it. At least it wouldn't be adding them back to the shops for mass amounts to be bought and their rarity would remain at a feasible level.

The way any rare should be reintroduced is through something that is quite difficult to obtain or a small chance of luck. What I would like to see in the future when quests are up and running is that a small number of them appear as prizes in the Quest Kiosks done by Hosts. I remember VMK doing this quite a bit to reintroduce some rarer items. And it makes it a pure chance of luck for anyone to get it. At least it wouldn't be adding them back to the shops for mass amounts to be bought and their rarity would remain at a feasible level.

There's one parallel I can draw and use as an example. If you played RS you'll remember the release of the 07 servers and the reintroduction of "rares" (party hats) into 07. Jagex had good intentions of creating rares, but it failed even though it was 100 percent luck, chance, whatever you want to call it, of obtaining items that were considered rare. The thing is though is that even though the intentions were good, and the method of reintroduction was good, there's one fatal flaw when reintroducing anything that is already an established rare- expectancy.

If everyone knows and expects for something to be rare the value will be marginally less than what everyone is hoping for. Even if it's randomized how people will obtain them, rarity and value will ultimately become less because everyone will be expecting it. When you think of it that way you can also say that at the same time it works against me, but in reality this has already been done in other games.

When something is made rare it needs to remain untouched. The more something is messed with the more unstable it becomes and value can and will lessen. Take clocks v flips for example. People knew there were less clocks, but people still valued flips over clocks. Why? The major factor was that everyone knew they would have ample opportunity to obtain one- expectancy of something to happen leads to depreciation in value. Flips are solid, they aren't coming back, there's a small amount (now less than clocks, before it wasn't so). HOWEVER, flips were more desirable, but in terms of facts and statistics, clocks were more rare and technically held more value.

That's my take on reintroducing any rares in the future, especially flips.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
There's one parallel I can draw and use as an example. If you played RS you'll remember the release of the 07 servers and the reintroduction of "rares" (party hats) into 07. Jagex had good intentions of creating rares, but it failed even though it was 100 percent luck, chance, whatever you want to call it, of obtaining items that were considered rare. The thing is though is that even though the intentions were good, and the method of reintroduction was good, there's one fatal flaw when reintroducing anything that is already an established rare- expectancy.

If everyone knows and expects for something to be rare the value will be marginally less than what everyone is hoping for. Even if it's randomized how people will obtain them, rarity and value will ultimately become less because everyone will be expecting it. When you think of it that way you can also say that at the same time it works against me, but in reality this has already been done in other games.

When something is made rare it needs to remain untouched. The more something is messed with the more unstable it becomes and value can and will lessen. Take clocks v flips for example. People knew there were less clocks, but people still valued flips over clocks. Why? The major factor was that everyone knew they would have ample opportunity to obtain one- expectancy of something to happen leads to depreciation in value. Flips are solid, they aren't coming back, there's a small amount (now less than clocks, before it wasn't so). HOWEVER, flips were more desirable, but in terms of facts and statistics, clocks were more rare and technically held more value.

That's my take on reintroducing any rares in the future, especially flips.
I was just trying to make up something that didn't include releasing to the shop, since that would flat out kill the value. I wouldn't say this to happen every quest but maybe one here and there where like one or two are in the machine. This can apply to all rare items. It's just an idea and I don't care for which way it falls. I was just a little tired of the bicker about it going to shops or not and decided to bring up another idea for all to look upon. I've never played RS so I don't know what has ever happened with that game.

As I stated earlier, I will care more once the item starts to reach very extreme heights to the point where only the richest people could trade for the item. People could trade for such items as Inferno in VMK because there were certain items that were rare as they could be only gotten from the Disney Parks. Right now that's off the table and the only way people can trade is through whatever the host event prize is and whatever is released in the shops(which everyone will buy).

I was just trying to make up something that didn't include releasing to the shop, since that would flat out kill the value. I wouldn't say this to happen every quest but maybe one here and there where like one or two are in the machine. This can apply to all rare items. It's just an idea and I don't care for which way it falls. I was just a little tired of the bicker about it going to shops or not and decided to bring up another idea for all to look upon. I've never played RS so I don't know what has ever happened with that game.

As I stated earlier, I will care more once the item starts to reach very extreme heights to the point where only the richest people could trade for the item. People could trade for such items as Inferno in VMK because there were certain items that were rare as they could be only gotten from the Disney Parks. Right now that's off the table and the only way people can trade is through whatever the host event prize is and whatever is released in the shops(which everyone will buy).
Yeah, but by that time when it comes down to chance and clones the number of items would be higher than what some would think... unless the chances are completely and utterly like... stupid ridiculous to get one.

You're sort of right about only the richest of the rich being able to trade for items. But really that just falls under the category of being there when it all first started. Not everyone will take advantage of what is in front of their face because not everyone is like me who has been part of other games and been part of the same exact type of scenario. Although you didn't play RS that's the only example I can think of to give... the rarest items in the game are some that were released 10+ years ago and a few of them are few and far between compared to other rares. Sure, a lot of people missed out, tens and hundreds of thousands, but it's an advantage to those who were there from the beginning and TOOK advantage of what was offered to them.

Like i've said before, it falls under the category of tough luck. And I somewhat agree, there should be a few items that are of near equal value. Because I do understand the scenario you're portraying, one rare becomes so rare that absolutely nothing can equal its value and it essentially becomes priceless. That now lies in the hands of Amy being smart about how she introduces items and not prolonging the catalog time for certain rares. Especially prizes. ie: clocks. To me the clock was the perfect item to near-equal a flip, but the value has already depreciated.

I can't really comment further on that because now that I think about it we're actually at that point where nothing equals the value of a flip. (quite honestly if I were making an offer for a flip i'd offer every single item on Disney and Zeus and offer like a 200K~300K shopping spree the way things are going with comparable trades [if it continues])

The only way to fix that is by what you want to happen, happening. Introducing SLOWLY AND 100 PERCENT AT RANDOM a few flips to even out the rarity with the clocks (the only item I would dub comparable in value if it were to increase in value). People can disagree with me, but that's my take on it. I agree with ultra-rare items, but what I don't agree with is UNOBTAINABLE items, that falls into the realm of being unfair if something is so rare it's unobtainable, that to me is when I use a word I refuse to use in rare trade- unfair. (EDIT: I meant unfair.. lol)

tarte

What about there's a random generator that gives out flips to random users and bam its random jk i dont care

its just a hat y'all
make something else rare and retired

we need some new

As much as I want one. I think it should stay off the market. It makes it so much better once you do get one from a trade

I own a Flip and and I wouldn't mind if it was re-released at all! But I agree with most people, re-releasing it would absolutely destroy its value forever... seriously, everyone would stock so many and it would be worthless. But whatever, I just like how it looks not that it's rare so if everyone wants one that badly then go ahead!

I don't see the big deal if it comes back for a short period of time or as a prize. You'll all get over the virtual economy depression LOL
I think it'd be nice if a couple of people could get their hands on it.