So.. Sparrow

SailorX

Soldier of Love and the Unknown
I think @Amy confirmed that keys will be removed from stone and only be available from host events soon. Not 100% sure on that though.
Yes, the front page also says that keys would be in the stone only for a limited time. But I would hope that means she plans to put the keys in the mini games instead, or at least in POTC. And I wish there was a definite end date for them being the stone, so everyone who is saving up SITS knows to use them before it's too late.

Again, not anything is guaranteed, just don't worry :) We are constantly thinking of new ways to introduce popular items into the game. Which includes those that have already been released. Not every release is guaranteed to stay that way. Keep in mind, we get faced with conflicting views on this all the time: those that want things rare and those that do not. Coming up with a balance is a lot trickier than you can imagine lol.

-Snow

Lost

Again, not anything is guaranteed, just don't worry :) We are constantly thinking of new ways to introduce popular items into the game. Which includes those that have already been released. Not every release is guaranteed to stay that way. Keep in mind, we get faced with conflicting views on this all the time: those that want things rare and those that do not. Coming up with a balance is a lot trickier than you can imagine lol.

-Snow
I'd love to be a fly on that wall x)

Not to know what items you plan on keeping rare and which you don't but the discussions behind it and all that sounds mega interesting.

:question: Let me get this straight.. You're mad if we keep it rare and mad if it isn't rare? I, for one, am very confused.

-Snow
I think there's some miscommunication here. I understand that people want it to maintain a little bit of value to an extent.
The problem is the time of release.
People have school.
People go to college for the fall.
And then there's people who work a lot.
We also have social lives. So you either get really lucky, or abandon your social life for several hours each day after work and school.
The PLUS side is that people can still study whilst farming for keys on the rides. It doesn't require your full attention. That's about it though.

An idea that I thought would be pretty cool, was to release a piece of sparrow during a couple special host events a few days out of the week--each week.
Week 1:Shoes
Week 2:Pants
Week 3:Top
Week 4:Hat

That way getting sparrow isn't TOO hard for everyone, and it's still a bit of work to get the whole set.
This way people aren't farming endlessly for keys, or trading every single thing they've ever owned.

Or there's the more humorous method: Crates. @Amy you sly dog you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Crates are a test.
First Crates: You tested our mind
New Crates: You're testing our will

CandyCars

-Snow
I was kinda hoping the crate 1 keys and crates would be back for a few days for the anniversary of Myvmk so those of us that weren't on for that have a chance ( stitch and all back in not just flips ).

Our daughter, Hannahyosh was the first in game last night to get Sparrow shoes. After a visit from Amy and Snow she opened 5 more crates and was the first in game to receive Sparrow pants. Insert a second visit from a shocked Amy and Snow. lol I think with her luck, KingQuackATac and I need to let her pick lottery numbers for us. Hehe.
hannahyosh, donlee, and bestblonde need to attend my next crate opening! Maybe then I will get gold ears! (smh @ my luck) :faint:

And now for something completely different-
(steps up onto portable soapbox)

We all have to stop living in the past while playing this game. Stop the comparisons between then and now. All it does is torture ourselves.
This is a different game. It looks familiar, plays different.

@Snow and @Amy are trying to come up with ways to keep this game around longer than a year. For that I am truly grateful.
What better playability, longevity, to know that items will be available sometime in the future? This is good to know, perhaps frustrating if you have the "I need it now" mentality, but great for those of us with patience and for future players.
I think it takes the pressure off to constantly ride or do mini-games knowing that items will be available later, so I can be prepared. Plus, the "how" seems exciting. :)

(steps off soapbox) :whee:

Last edited: