Suggestion - make black ears available to everyone!

Some of my friends are just now hearing about MyVMK, and thus never had a chance to buy black ears.

And in regards to polls here regarding making items rare, they could have put *anything* in that poll - made it about purple flips - and people here would have voted for it. Why? Because now they know of something that is going to be made "rare" and can buy a bunch and have an instant commodity. It's a no-brainer, most people on the forums enjoy having collectible and rare items, so of course if given the option to choose one, they will. I just don't think black ears should have been the option. Like the green hat for instance they took out - that's fine. It's not a Disney icon. Black ears just should be available to everyone, always.

Not everyone enjoys trading for stuff. I hate it personally. I don't like haggling with children! People tend to be very rude on forums and in game, because they can remain somewhat anonymous. I don't think if we were having this conversation in real life someone would shout "HOW ABOUT NO" in my face. But that's the kind of thing that happens, more so with younger participants. So I come to the forums only rarely, to see what is new or if other people are experiencing login problems, or like now to voice my opinion on something that matters to me on a very personal level.

Thanks for your respect in advance. Please respond to me like you would if you were saying it to my face.
Well, okay. Let's put you in my shoes for an example, okay? Back in VMK you had to go to the parks to get the Black ears, right? Unfortunately, my parents didn't have and still don't have enough money to take us down to Disney for a couple days of fun and whatnot. So, technically.. they weren't originally available to everyone. Only those who were able to go to a park and do the quest for it. If they weren't on sale in the game, why should they even remain on sale in a fan-made game? Back in VMK I had to trade for the stuff I wanted, most of us did and look where it got some of us. The minnie hat was for sale back in the day and I obtained it by trading loads of rare items because I loved the hat. I wasn't mad that I wasn't able to get it at first because I knew I had the potential to eventually get it by constantly trading.

Items that you want, you normally have to work for. The ears in this game aren't worth that much. There is a trade button implemented into this game for a reason. For EVERY user to say this. I'm sorry you don't like trading, but that's the way it has to be. It's not going to chance because one member doesn't like trading. That's basically another whole point of this game.

In regards to your last comment, I will say anything I write here directed to anyone at their face. You don't know the people who you're talking to and what they're capable of saying directly to your face.

I agree with jentink on this one. Actually, I think all of the things should be available to everyone all of the time. I am not attached to having an economy in this game anymore. I think the friends and the silliness are what is fun, plus the opportunity to design rooms/quests/rides. The games were fun too. VMK got to be stressful wanting all of the things and not being able to have them. Real life is like that. IN mu own opinion, I'd be happier if MVMK were not.
This is a perfect bad example for any game. There would be no point to this game if everything was released. Trading would be stupid and pointless, there wouldn't even be a need for that button anymore.

Edit: This is how to kill a community. Release everything and bore the heck out of them. This game isn't just about building and chatting to some people.

Get over it sweet cheeks. If your friend doesn't join before halloween should they rerelease halloween items too? :(

omg spivey calls everyone honey
get over it
Stop being so rude! I am not asking for anything but black ears be available to everyone! Have you read anything I am saying here or are you simply trying to jump in and cause drama?

I just have to throw in my opinion on this. I realize a lot of people have fun with trading and collecting "rare" items and that's why things get discontinued. However I just have to say, as a lifelong Disney fan, that basic black ears should be available to everyone, and not a rare item. It's one of the most iconic pieces of Disneyana to wear of all time! I got my ears thankfully, but I have several friends who just joined and will never have a chance to have them since they are now a hot commodity. I think it's really sad that something that should be a basic essential piece of everyone's VMK wardrobe is now something that will be fought over.

Please, please, consider putting them back in the store for good!
Thanks
I don't disagree, but the community has rendered its verdict. Minus that whole 65% of the community voting for an option longer than 3 days thing.

I learned awhile ago that treating other people with respect is important. I hope you learn that too at some point. Name calling is immature. You may call everyone that, but if she asked you not to, it's turned into name calling.

S

Spivey

I learned awhile ago that treating other people with respect is important. I hope you learn that too at some point. Name calling is immature. You may call everyone that, but if she asked you not to, it's turned into name calling.

Well, okay. Let's put you in my shoes for an example, okay? Back in VMK you had to go to the parks to get the Black ears, right? Unfortunately, my parents didn't have and still don't have enough money to take us down to Disney for a couple days of fun and whatnot. So, technically.. they weren't originally available to everyone. Only those who were able to go to a park and do the quest for it. If they weren't on sale in the game, why should they even remain on sale in a fan-made game? Back in VMK I had to trade for the stuff I wanted, most of us did and look where it got some of us. The minnie hat was for sale back in the day and I obtained it by trading loads of rare items because I loved the hat. I wasn't mad that I wasn't able to get it at first because I knew I had the potential to eventually get it by constantly trading.
I live a long ways away from any Disney park also - but of this group of friends whom I keep referring to, several were locals, who would go to the parks and make a character for anyone who asked. And you could do that for the entire time VMK was open - now they are completely unavailable, and yes they may be readily traded now but what about a year from now? They'll be extremely hard to get your hands on. Black ears shouldn't be so hard to get.

I'm really tired of the abuse being tossed at me and people calling me names. This isn't what I remembered about VMK at all. You all want to be a bunch of meanies? Because that's just who you are and you'd talk like this to my face anyway? Well I want nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree, but the community has rendered its verdict. Minus that whole 65 of the community voting for an option longer than 3 days thing.
If they really wanted an entire community of players to render their verdict, then it should have been a front page on the main website poll, not just whoever happened to look at that section of the forums during the small window of time which the poll was running. That's called a sampling error!

If they really wanted an entire community of players to render their verdict, then it should have been a front page on the main website poll, not just whoever happened to look at that section of the forums during the small window of time which the poll was running. That's called a sampling error!
I was being hostile towards the results of that particular poll in case you didn't pick up on that. 150+ isn't a tiny sample though.

I'm not being rude. lol. I can be if you really want me to? You said you want black ears available because your friends missed it. So if they missed halloween items, should they be released? Sorry I disagree with you, boo.
There is a very good reason why I want my friends who joined after the black ears were removed from the store to have access to them, if you care to read it. I don't suggest making *everything* available always, only the black ears.

I live a long ways away from any Disney park also - but of this group of friends whom I keep referring to, several were locals, who would go to the parks and make a character for anyone who asked. And you could do that for the entire time VMK was open - now they are completely unavailable, and yes they may be readily traded now but what about a year from now? They'll be extremely hard to get your hands on. Black ears shouldn't be so hard to get.

I'm really tired of the abuse being tossed at me and people calling me names. This isn't what I remembered about VMK at all. You all want to be a bunch of meanies? Because that's just who you are and you'd talk like this to my face anyway? Well I want nothing to do with it.
When they're massively brought into the game, no they're not difficult. I've played VFK for a couple of years back in the day and I fully understood trading from there. Values are based on people who want to get a hold of them. Things that are considered "extremely rare" are items that aren't traded often and if they are, they want a high amount of items for them. And like you said, they're black ears. They're not gold, green, dream and every other colored ears that were in the game that were slightly more valued than the black ones.

I'm pretty sure I haven't thrown any rude names at your face in my posts. There are some respectfully responding back to you, although some are disagreeing such as me and you're finding it rude which is just ridiculous. I greatly apologize that some of us are considered "everyone" and that disagreeing is considered being a "meanie".

If I'm not mistaken..
Thanks for your respect in advance. Please respond to me like you would if you were saying it to my face.
Anyone is allowed to post on the forums in a certain manner. (Although of course there is a limit.. if it looks like it's spam and/or harassment it's legitimate to report.) But still, you asked for some people to respond to you like if they were talking to your face. Erm.

I was being hostile towards the results of that particular poll in case you didn't pick up on that. 150+ isn't a tiny sample though.
No, I didn't pick up on that. It wasn't a tiny sample, but an inaccurate one - I think the people who are on the forums are more likely to vote for a limited-time-only item completely regardless of what it is simply because they have a heads up now on something that will increase in "value". If they had asked the entire population of players, they might have gotten a much more different result.

Get over it sweet cheeks. If your friend doesn't join before halloween should they rerelease halloween items too? :(
Turns out, Halloween is an annual event, and VMK re-released most every Halloween item on an annual basis. The only exceptions were some color variations such as the Gray Haunted Mansion suit.

Anyone is allowed to post on the forums in a certain manner. (Although of course there is a limit.. if it looks like it's spam and/or harassment it's legitimate to report.) But still, you asked for some people to respond to you like if they were talking to your face. Erm.
My mistake for assuming people here had a decent and polite side to them.

No, I didn't pick up on that. It wasn't a tiny sample, but an inaccurate one - I think the people who are on the forums are more likely to vote for a limited-time-only item completely regardless of what it is simply because they have a heads up now on something that will increase in "value". If they had asked the entire population of players, they might have gotten a much more different result.
It will never increase that high since the game is almost inflated with them.

My mistake for assuming people here had a decent and polite side to them.
Not everyone does.

It will never increase that high since the game is almost inflated with them.
If there are that many extra pairs floating around, would someone be kind enough to trade me a bunch so I can give them to my friends as they join up? I've got six who just joined in the past couple days, and more coming. If they are that easy to get, surely you all would be kind enough to trade me some?

If there are that many extra pairs floating around, would someone be kind enough to trade me a bunch so I can give them to my friends as they join up? I've got six who just joined in the past couple days, and more coming. If they are that easy to get, surely you all would be kind enough to trade me some?
Trading and giving are two different things. It would depend on the offer for some.
Myself personally, I only got one pair because they weren't going to be worth much.. I also only have one head.

Trading and giving are two different things. It would depend on the offer for some.
Myself personally, I only got one pair because they weren't going to be worth much.. I also only have one head.
Of course I wouldn't expect someone to give me them free. I just want a fair trade offer. I only bought one pair as well - LOL yep I see no reason to buy many when I only have one head too! :D

Anthony

I just have to throw in my opinion on this. I realize a lot of people have fun with trading and collecting "rare" items and that's why things get discontinued. However I just have to say, as a lifelong Disney fan, that basic black ears should be available to everyone, and not a rare item. It's one of the most iconic pieces of Disneyana to wear of all time! I got my ears thankfully, but I have several friends who just joined and will never have a chance to have them since they are now a hot commodity. I think it's really sad that something that should be a basic essential piece of everyone's VMK wardrobe is now something that will be fought over.

Please, please, consider putting them back in the store for good!
Thanks
We did a vote on the forums before release to decide what the fate of black ears would be. The majority of the forum wanted them only available for three days, and that's what happened.

We did a vote on the forums before release to decide what the fate of black ears would be. The majority of the forum wanted them only available for three days, and that's what happened.
Said it before and I'll say it again:
The majority did not want the ears for 3 days. A hair more than 28 voted for 3 days.

I voted a week only because vBulletin voting is first past the post, so the spoiler effect is still a thing (forever had almost no chance; a week seemed to be the next best thing at the time). If we had an alternative voting system, I'd have voted for forever, then for special occasions, and then for descending lengths of time.

Said it before and I'll say it again:
The majority did not want the ears for 3 days. A hair more than 28 voted for 3 days.

I voted a week only because vBulletin voting is first past the post, so the spoiler effect is still a thing (forever had almost no chance; a week seemed to be the next best thing at the time). If we had an alternative voting system, I'd have voted for forever, then for special occasions, and then for descending lengths of time.
This is indeed the issue.