Suggestion - make black ears available to everyone!

I just have to throw in my opinion on this. I realize a lot of people have fun with trading and collecting "rare" items and that's why things get discontinued. However I just have to say, as a lifelong Disney fan, that basic black ears should be available to everyone, and not a rare item. It's one of the most iconic pieces of Disneyana to wear of all time! I got my ears thankfully, but I have several friends who just joined and will never have a chance to have them since they are now a hot commodity. I think it's really sad that something that should be a basic essential piece of everyone's VMK wardrobe is now something that will be fought over.

Please, please, consider putting them back in the store for good!
Thanks

Graham

オミッド
Well, there are always going to be items that people are going to want but totally miss. It helps establish trading but I can see it being brought back later on in the game, so don't fret.

Nah, it's fine how it is right now..Also, it shouldn't matter if you couldn't get an item, just play the game; not to be mean but, build a bridge and get over it. I see these posts on the forums everywhere and I'm pretty sure Amy or the other hosts saw them, so if they were ignored it's probably not going to happen. :D Just givin my two-cents, have a nice day.

To be honest there's SO many in the game it wouldn't be hard to trade for one. I wouldn't want it back in the store indefinitely. Maybe for special occasions. But I prefer it to stay the way it is right now.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I just have to throw in my opinion on this. I realize a lot of people have fun with trading and collecting "rare" items and that's why things get discontinued. However I just have to say, as a lifelong Disney fan, that basic black ears should be available to everyone, and not a rare item. It's one of the most iconic pieces of Disneyana to wear of all time! I got my ears thankfully, but I have several friends who just joined and will never have a chance to have them since they are now a hot commodity. I think it's really sad that something that should be a basic essential piece of everyone's VMK wardrobe is now something that will be fought over.

Please, please, consider putting them back in the store for good!
Thanks
There's always something to complain about.

We already had a community poll and everyone who was here clearly wanted the ears to be out for three days only. Many people bought ten or more for this reason. Therefore they are easily accessible for the time being.

Also, im not too sure why you are saying it is an essential piece of VMK wardrobe when in the original game, they were rather difficult to obtain if you did not go to Magic Kingdom or DisneyLand.

And not just that, they have plans on releasing the other colors too like gold, black/gold, green, dream, etc. so there is no need to stress over one pair of black ears when a myriad of other colors will be released in the coming times.

I never saw that poll, or I'd have bought all I could so I could hand them out to people. There are plenty of other items they could take away and make "rare" but I just don't think black ears should be one of them. I am really not into trading, people can be so greedy and demanding - the last thing I want to do is fight over pixels. My point is that black mickey ears are an iconic Disney symbol, recognized worldwide - and part of what makes the memory of the original VMK complete here was actually having black ears. I have a group of dear friends, we all met in the original VMK and we've kept up with each other over the years. We have celebrated and cried with each other, attend weddings and funerals and really become best of friends. One of the things we always did in the original VMK at closing time was dress up in mickey costume - remember the mickey shoes and gloves? We'd wear those, red shorts and a black t-shirt - and black ears. We were the "dancing mickeys" - we'd meet in castle forecourt (or if we felt like it somewhere else) and dance the last fifteen minutes of the day away. We started doing that from the very beginning, and it really caught on. So you see, having black ears really does mean a lot to me and my friends. If the point of having MyVMK is to bring back a game we all remember and love, and to make that memory as complete as possible, then black ears are essential to have.

Thanks for your consideration, moderators.

See, this is why I avoid the forums. People can be rude and disrespectful, and all the flashy animated gif's are super annoying.

We already had a community poll and everyone who was here clearly wanted the ears to be out for three days only. Many people bought ten or more for this reason. Therefore they are easily accessible for the time being.
28% is not a majority, let alone "everyone." I'd have voted "forever" if the spoiler effect wouldn't have taken hold.

Also, im not too sure why you are saying it is an essential piece of VMK wardrobe when in the original game, they were rather difficult to obtain if you did not go to Magic Kingdom or DisneyLand.
But those who did get to the parks were able to get them incredibly easily; I got mine for free because they were that easy to acquire for locals.

There were actually 2 different polls. In the MyVMK There is a section opened by staff called Official Polls, just keep an eye on the thread for future polls so you can have your voice heard.
Started 9/22 http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?969-Mickey-Ears-in-the-Catalogue
Started 9/23 http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?1052-Mickey-Ears-in-the-Catalogue-Mk-II

Black ears weren't easy to obtain unless you went to Disney and made a character. I'm sure staff will bring them back to.
There are a bunch in game and I'm sure they won't be hard to trade for.

Shrimp

There were actually 2 different polls. In the MyVMK There is a section opened by staff called Official Polls, just keep an eye on the thread for future polls so you can have your voice heard.
Started 9/22 http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?969-Mickey-Ears-in-the-Catalogue
Started 9/23 http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?1052-Mickey-Ears-in-the-Catalogue-Mk-II

Black ears weren't easy to obtain unless you went to Disney and made a character. I'm sure staff will bring them back to.
There are a bunch in game and I'm sure they won't be hard to trade for.
Yup there were polls where majority of you guys voted... BUT they extended the sale of mickey ears and handing out the day 1 badge so it appears Amy is going to handle everything in her own terms and just wants to get AN IDEA from members throughout the polls, we don't implement anything. So I'm positive they'll be back!

The black ears were in the shop for quite a while.. There shouldn't be any complaining about it.

The black ears were in the shop for quite a while.. There shouldn't be any complaining about it.
Some of my friends are just now hearing about MyVMK, and thus never had a chance to buy black ears.

And in regards to polls here regarding making items rare, they could have put *anything* in that poll - made it about purple flips - and people here would have voted for it. Why? Because now they know of something that is going to be made "rare" and can buy a bunch and have an instant commodity. It's a no-brainer, most people on the forums enjoy having collectible and rare items, so of course if given the option to choose one, they will. I just don't think black ears should have been the option. Like the green hat for instance they took out - that's fine. It's not a Disney icon. Black ears just should be available to everyone, always.

Not everyone enjoys trading for stuff. I hate it personally. I don't like haggling with children! People tend to be very rude on forums and in game, because they can remain somewhat anonymous. I don't think if we were having this conversation in real life someone would shout "HOW ABOUT NO" in my face. But that's the kind of thing that happens, more so with younger participants. So I come to the forums only rarely, to see what is new or if other people are experiencing login problems, or like now to voice my opinion on something that matters to me on a very personal level.

Thanks for your respect in advance. Please respond to me like you would if you were saying it to my face.

S

Spivey

See, this is why I avoid the forums. People can be rude and disrespectful, and all the flashy animated gif's are super annoying.
Honey, you come here asking for an item, that wasn't expensive in the first place, to come back and then you're going to go on to go on to calling gifs annoying and put down the entire community. Good luck getting people to agree with you now.

It expired, but there are probably 500+ pairs in game because almost everyone has them, just trade for them.

Don't call me "honey". You're being extremely derogatory with that term, and I don't appreciate it.

I don't need you to agree with me, I need the developers to agree with me. I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just saying the forums are not a happy place for me - it's really hard to read anything with flashy stuff going on, I don't know why, but it is. Maybe I'm a touch ADD. I have explained why I don't like being here and why I don't like trading. I actually already own a pair of ears, I'm not seeking them out for me, but for my friends and for others who joined later than the first week or whatever the deadline was.

I agree with jentink on this one. Actually, I think all of the things should be available to everyone all of the time. I am not attached to having an economy in this game anymore. I think the friends and the silliness are what is fun, plus the opportunity to design rooms/quests/rides. The games were fun too. VMK got to be stressful wanting all of the things and not being able to have them. Real life is like that. IN mu own opinion, I'd be happier if MVMK were not.

S

Spivey

Don't call me "honey". You're being extremely derogatory with that term, and I don't appreciate it.

I don't need you to agree with me, I need the developers to agree with me. I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just saying the forums are not a happy place for me - it's really hard to read anything with flashy stuff going on, I don't know why, but it is. Maybe I'm a touch ADD. I have explained why I don't like being here and why I don't like trading. I actually already own a pair of ears, I'm not seeking them out for me, but for my friends and for others who joined later than the first week or whatever the deadline was.
Okay honey.