"The Jester's Joke Box" - Submissions

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Post your submissions here! Anyone who enters legitimately (that means no acting - we'll be checking!) will receive a Teal Jester's Hat as a prize.

To enter, you have to play a prank on a friend or one of your friends inside of MyVMK. It has to be fun, so no mean spirited pranks. When you do it, take screenshots of you doing it, and the reaction, and post them here.

That's all there is to it! We'll be accepting submissions for the next 24 hours because this started late.

EDIT: The best pranks will receive a gift card, they'll be judged by VMK Staff.
I decided to take a look at some of the ones that said they did not get a hat. I noticed some did not have the ending (reaction) after you said April Fools. Some where were missing the worlds April fools. That was part of the instruction so maybe they considered it incomplete?

Also many people missed the cut off time which was 24 hours after Amy's post so that may make a difference too.

So look at the time Amy posted and see when yours was. Was it in the 24 hr period? Also that it had to be inside Myvmk ( so that would mean no forums, shoutbox ext.

Those are the only things that I really noticed. :)

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Yeah, I agree - I think people are just disappointed because maybe it wasn't explained well enough? It seems that a lot of people didn't get them, and I really don't think that that many people "cheated". Plus there's no sure way to know whether someone did cheat, other than them saying something about cheating in game. Perhaps that's another reason why people are upset - they know they didn't cheat, yet they still didn't get the prize they felt they were promised. :shrug:
Exactly, that's why perhaps the details of what [MENTION=1]Amy[/MENTION] meant in her OP could be re-explained more explicitly? It seems unclear what the qualifications were to enter your joke and for it to be legitimate enough to be considered.

For instance, there was a time limit for these entries, so if you posted after the cut-off time that could be a factor as well. It was also meant to be an "April Fool's" joke, so if you didn't say April Fool's, that could also make a difference. It's unclear however, if these factors contributed to the legitimacy of everyone's submissions.

And thank you [MENTION=3577]Snow[/MENTION] for replying.

Last edited:

Simone

Just a girl waiting for the return of the shoutbox
[MENTION=1]Amy[/MENTION] I'm curious as to why I didn't get a hat. It says anyone who enters legitimately and posts pics gets the jester hat. I did what was said and got nothing. Can you or someone explain why I didn't get a hat?

CandyCars

@Amy I'm curious as to why I didn't get a hat. It says anyone who enters legitimately and posts pics gets the jester hat. I did what was said and got nothing. Can you or someone explain why I didn't get a hat?
I am wondering same... my entry was completely legitimate, and it clearly says all who enter will get a teal hat.

Did not get one either. :(

Could we see which people won? I pulled a prank, but didn't get anything and wondering what I did wrong :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think everyone who entered should get the prize because we worked really hard "fooling" others and spent just as much time as everyone else who did win! :)

If they wanted to make the hat rare (which I am guessing they did) they should have said the top ten or twenty or a set number get hats so we arent disappointed if we tried but didn't get one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
for those that are curious and for informational purposes.. i am one of those that won the teal jester hat. you can check back to see what i did for my prank on both page 12 and page 13. i am so sorry to be hearing that some did not get a teal hat even though they did not cheat. it would be really appreciated if a staff could explain why some did not get a hat even though it they did not cheat.

I've been off of VMK the past few days. I didn't know they gave out the hats 0_o I am also one of the people who did not seem to get one :/ I hope they address this soon

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I got one. My post is 154. It has the entire prank and the result. Sorry some did not get one. Hugs
I guess that's why I didn't get one since I didn't post the whole thing. It is hard to take three screen shots and save them all before the chat leaves though, it just seems a bit weird to me becaause they didn't even say like "You must take a screen shot of the entire prank or it won't count". But congrats to you for getting one!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I guess that's why I didn't get one since I didn't post the whole thing. It is hard to take three screen shots and save them all before the chat leaves though, it just seems a bit weird to me becaause they didn't even say like "You must take a screen shot of the entire prank or it won't count". But congrats to you for getting one!
What I did was have my paint already. Since snipping took to long. So I opened up like 6 paint tabs and just did print screen and paste it was really easy and fast to do.