Update Dream Month

Update Dream Month?

• Keep it how it is!

Votes: 39 27.1%
  • Try something different!

Votes: 105 72.9%

• Total voters

Maltoo

When a host gives stuff away, everyone in the room should get something. Can't the losers at least get a green key? I think the whole room should be given a green key before the host leaves :) because waiting and hour or two and you finally see a host, and then you walk away with absolutely nothing, kind of ticks me off.
I think that is an excellent suggestion.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
There is no longer a chance to win on a "mule", we have completely taken clones out of the equation. I will take your consideration, however, it's only been the first week. Please be patient with it and know we are absolutely doing our best to make sure we make this month equal for everyone :)

-Snow
I think people are trying to ask for a way so that say someone who has never won or has only won once has a higher chance of winning than say someone who has won multiple times. When I say multiple I say something along the lines of 3-5 times more than someone. At least that's what I'm kind of thinking they mean but who knows this could be only how I feel. I do keep reminding myself that there is more weeks and more events to go such as I got my second win this morning and got a much desired pin that I think is one of my favorite pins from the old VMK.

And [MENTION=2424]hogie[/MENTION]'s post hits it all on the head. I have been feeling things like that even before this month began. It's honestly been like this since the start and it's a part of the game that I don't frequent or see unless there is something new out there.

And to [MENTION=1285]Josh[/MENTION]'s I think it could maybe be a participation prize that people should only get once, so maybe when the event ends everyone logged in to the game can get a green key, if it's possible. (Or the clouds from hogie's idea sounds neat but I think the green keys fit better.)

Last edited:
When a host gives stuff away, everyone in the room should get something. Can't the losers at least get a green key? I think the whole room should be given a green key before the host leaves :) because waiting and hour or two and you finally see a host, and then you walk away with absolutely nothing, kind of ticks me off.
Or a cloud.. Since it is dream month:) love clouds lol

Personally for me, it's a completely different issue.

While I do agree with most of the other points mentioned here, the fact that some things aren't fixed makes me disheartened to even log on for this. Ever since Firefox and Chrome stopped working for me, I had to start using Safari, and if you've ever tried using it, it is excruciating trying to get it to work. When I get to the main screen and choose a place to go, 9 times out of 10 I am likely for the loading screen to freeze half-way and Shockwave will crash on me, which results in me having to wait 5-10 minutes for it to go back to normal and I can relog. Most of the time it does it again. It's like a vicious circle. If I do get in a room and I get kicked out without noticing the boot warning, it'll also crash then. I guess I can say I am in the same ballpark as those who say the times are inconvenient for them. I find it really saddening that it's highly unlikely for me to successfully get into a room and actually try to get lucky.

I would have preferred Dreams Month to have been at a later time, after things are fixed so everyone who have these issues actually have a chance at winning an item. But meh, can't please everyone.

Why cant we all win in a room it seems annoying sitting there for 2 hours doing nothing but hoping they come and when they arrive you might not win and waited there for nothing.Also we can do some other events besides this event the whole month.

Last edited:

mikeys

Wins cute or boot irl
The event is a great way to get people to socialize. Talking to so many new people and to all of my old friends has made me want to play this game more. Which I can appreciate.

Though at times it does get a bit boring. During the event that was at 1am-3am, I stayed in one room for the entirety of the event and got nothing. As I turn to see the clock is 3:15am, I think to myself, "Why did I give up 2 hours of sleep to sit in a room?"

I think having more hosts going around (or having hosts be quicker with awards) would make this event more enjoyable. But this gets sticky because if more people win more times per event, by the end of the month the Kingdom will be littered with Dreams items.

Maybe the best route would be to activate shells in public rooms that are on a scaled-down timer (as to prevent lag). This would give everyone something fun to do (rather than to make shapes and dress in similar colors, which does get old). Something to keep us busy to help the time go by. Players should be enjoying the event, not dreading it. Happiness doesn't always come from winning, but from having a good time!!
I agree with your post, but just to point a few things...

When you say the hosts should be quicker at giving out prizes, I was in a room when Celluloid came in and the entire visit lasted 1 minute. He came in, said how many prizes he was giving out and to who (most of which already were wearing dream clothes), and that was it. It seemed extremely apathetic. I like the idea of them being quicker at giving out prizes, but after seeing this it doesn't seem like a good option. Not saying Celluloid was apathetic at all.. it just came off that way.

Everyone saying they want clams to pop up: just go to Captain's Quest Quarters. I've been in this room two times during the event and both times staff showed up with prizes. Just go there if you want to earn credits. The room also isn't very crowded so there's very little lag.

One thing I'd like to point out is that they've said multiple times that we should just play the game as usual. This doesn't work because they lock the room when they enter. I'd prefer a more hide & seek type event like what Snow put on a few weeks ago where she walks around and we find her. She hit a lot of rooms in a short amount of time and people were walking through rooms and not just sitting in them. We sit and stay in these rooms because they lock them when they're in there. It's terrible how you HAVE to be in the room when a staff member comes. You can't be walking around and happen to run into them.

Regarding [MENTION=3577]Snow[/MENTION] 's post about mules... I'm curious how you know who is a clone and who isn't? Is it based on general appearance? If I don't have any pins on my lanyard or newbie clothing on you may think my avatar is a clone. If you only give prizes out to people who look like they aren't clones (ie. lots of magic, rare clothes, etc) -- which I've noticed is the case -- then I won't get a prize this month. It will make the rich richer. The only way to combat the clone problem is to make the items non-tradable. Unless I'm missing something.

I honestly don't care if I don't get a prize legitimately. I have no luck anyway. But if there is judgement questioning whether my avatar I'm playing at the time is a mule, then that's where I feel like there's an issue.

Sorry for getting to this late. I've been mulling over this for a bit.

Kay

i don't know
faster transactions/more hosts/clams in rooms would be nice, but i wouldn't wanna wait around in a room an entire day for a hope of getting it.

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
I do like the Dream Squad events because we get to socialize and they made the times so everyone had a chance to do these events which I'm really happy about, but I do agree that standing in a room for 2 hours and not receiving any prizes can be discouraging. Some people don't have the time to do this and I agree with [MENTION=1285]Josh[/MENTION] giving out green keys or a participation prize would be really nice (: Maybe this month there could also be some dream quests we could do to receive the prizes c:

Thanks for the feedback. We're passing around some new ideas so everyone can have a more enjoyable experience. A new change should come tomorrow, so keep an eye out if the host visits the room you're in.

KMystikroots

A demon who vaguely sauntered downwards
Can any host/amy describe how clones are being taken care of?

Like the process of determining if someone is using a proxy or checking ips and how that is done or link me to a thread that has already been posted?

EVOL

http://i60.tinypic.com/20
Can any host/amy describe how clones are being taken care of?

Like the process of determining if someone is using a proxy or checking ips and how that is done or link me to a thread that has already been posted?
there going threw URLs or IP address (whateeverrrr) so they know who has a clone on :) as amy last night called someone out for having 4 clones on..

Last edited:

karkat

I think it's dumb there are times for the give-a-ways to begin with. This isn't how it was done in VMK. Just give out prizes randomly throughout the day and stop being ridiculous.

I remember everyone waiting just like it is now with the old vmk too.

Change it! I liked the way it was in old VMK how HOSTs simultaneously went around in rooms and no one waited, holding up a long queue.

C

Celluloid

I agree with your post, but just to point a few things...

When you say the hosts should be quicker at giving out prizes, I was in a room when Celluloid came in and the entire visit lasted 1 minute. He came in, said how many prizes he was giving out and to who (most of which already were wearing dream clothes), and that was it. It seemed extremely apathetic. I like the idea of them being quicker at giving out prizes, but after seeing this it doesn't seem like a good option. Not saying Celluloid was apathetic at all.. it just came off that way.
Sorry about this! I think this might have been one of the rooms with a lot of people and just one winner. I feel bad when this happens, and try not to make too much fanfare wasting peoples time who might want to hop onto another room after there's just one winner. I've got no issues staying longer or being a bit more chatty, but I don't want to come accross as being taunty by giving away 1 thing in a room of 25 and chatting it up asking how their luck has been, etc. I'll try and up the fun chatter though. Feel free to PM me if you have any further thoughts! Thanks!
-Cell

----------

Also, suggestion, hang out more in guest rooms. I've noticed that people haven't been in guest rooms, and there's no reason not to. If they qualify with the pre-requisite 5 people, we'll visit them too with an equal chance as any other room has, so there's no reason you can't have a game of Falling Chairs or Cute or Boot, or whatever tickles your fancy while you wait. Keep in mind, while we avoid repeat rooms for public rooms, we will never visit the same guest room twice in one session. But yea, build a dreams waiting room or whatever you want. You don't need to hang out in public rooms if you don't want to.

KMystikroots

A demon who vaguely sauntered downwards
there going threw URLs or IP address (whateeverrrr) so they know who has a clone on :) as amy last night called someone out for having 4 clones on..
Alright thanks ^ that helped