What's your job?

xLeahmarie

Hungry photographer
I've got two jobs:

One: Manager at a membership-only pool & spa club.
Two: Founder/Owner/Operator of my company, Leo Enterprises, LLC.

First, here's me shamelessly self promoting: www.LeoEnterprisesLLC.com (currently the only merchandise available directly to the consumer is clothing/mugs, we do other things, but not involving the consumer directly)

But, as far as the Management job goes, you would not believe some of the things I've dealt with, but here's a somewhat short and unfortunately true story of one interaction:
So, after a nice long day of Management duties, I decided I'd go down to the restaurant to get some Lunch. Harmless enough, right? Alright, so I go into the kitchen and I hear a woman giving one of our Snack Bar girls (basically the person who takes your order) some trouble about a Salad. Being that our policy is to never have anyone outside of Management in an "uncomfortable" position, I stepped in.

(This isn't the exact conversation, but the situation, context, and attitude is identical- it has been too long to recall word for word)
Me: Hello, I'm the Manager. My name is Gregory. How may I help you?
Woman: I'm having an issue with my salad.
Me: Alright, what type of Salad is it?
Woman: Mixed Green
Me: And what seems to be the issue?
Woman: My salad is too Green.
Me: (moment of silence)
Me: Uh-
Me: ...Your Mixed Green salad is... too Green?
Woman: Yes, my salad is too green.
Me: (Puzzled)
Woman: There's so many greens, I can barely see anything else!
Me: Well, we offer several types of salad, the Mixed Green salad is intentionally bare, but how about I have the Chef remove some of the greens and add some toppings for you?
Woman: Sound great.
Me: (Brings salad to Chef, whom has already overheard the conversation along with everyone else in the kitchen. Hilarious looks on all their faces. Chef removes some greens and replaces it with more toppings. I bring the salad back to the woman)
Woman: (Looks at salad) Now there's too many olives! I don't like olives that much!
Me: (._.) Alright, I'll have the Chef remove some of the olives. (Brings Chef the salad again, he removes some olives and adds in some of the other toppings. I bring the salad back to the woman)
Woman: This salad should have cucumbers.
Me: ...That's what our (other salad name) has on it, but I'd love to do that for you. (Brings salad to Chef, who is becoming agitated. Chef fixes salad, I bring it back to the woman)
Woman: There's barely any olives!
Me: (Thinking: Is this a joke?) ...Ok, I'll ask the Chef to add in some more olives for you. (Brings salad to Chef, Chef adds olives, I bring it back to the woman)
Woman: Jeez! Now I can't see any of the lettuce! This salad needs more greens!
Me: (Now completely done with the situation, as it has taken 30 minutes up to this point- conversation, relaying to chef, chef fixing while working on other orders, returning to woman- and I have work to do) Miss, would you like a refund?
Woman: (Angry) Yes!
I'm going to buy one of your mugs k.
I gotta wait until I get paid though. /cri[DOUBLEPOST=1438728289][/DOUBLEPOST]I currently work as a behavioral interventionist.
Basically I travel home-to-home working with children
who have mental disabilities, primarily Autism, and I
tutor them in subjects such as common core curriculum
from the school district (educational support), as well
as behavior conditioning, social skills, fine motor skills,
gross motor skills, play skills, ect.

I had typed out a really good post about it moments ago,
but then I accidentally deleted it somehow. ;-; Bleh.

bobsbestgame

I'm a telephone operator for a 3rd party catering service :D but soon to be unemployed because I done goofed and quit...

tashaactress

My full name is Anastacia:)
im just an extra trying to work as an actress or at disneyland

I'm a shift manager at Rita's Italian Ice! And then from the end of May - the beginning of August I spend my summer out at my summer camp as a counselor! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1446737341][/DOUBLEPOST]And then I'm in college studying to be a special education teacher![DOUBLEPOST=1446737570][/DOUBLEPOST]
I scoop ice-cream.
YASS WHERE

Last edited:

Marissa

black lives matter
I am graduation April 2016. My major is Elementary Education with an Emphasis in Math. I have my sights on fourth grade-sixth grade. I'll apply everywhere! So I will be a teacher the second after I am able to move tassel.