will never play vmk again because of OS yosemite

By restoring to factory settings, you will lose everything that's saved on your computer, unless you have it backed up.
It'll be restored back to like when you first got it, with nothing on it.
If you don't want that happening, you might be able to restore it to an earlier point in time. For example, Last week.
Which, in your case, if you updated after that point, you're in luck!

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
By restoring to factory settings, you will lose everything that's saved on your computer, unless you have it backed up.
It'll be restored back to like when you first got it, with nothing on it.
If you don't want that happening, you might be able to restore it to an earlier point in time. For example, Last week.
Which, in your case, if you updated after that point, you're in luck!

okay okay hmmmm I hope they can restore it from like a week ago because that's when I updated I have an appointment at Apple Friday WISH ME LUCK and also thankyou(: I appreciate all the help and advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PudgeTheFish

Hey swim.. I got @dolan free parallels to run on her mac.. I use it myself.. If u r sort of tech savvy lmk and ill hit u up with a link.. [emoji173]️

Move Stitch Get Out The Way! Get Out The Way Stitch Get Out The Way!

oatman

okay okay hmmmm I hope they can restore it from like a week ago because that's when I updated I have an appointment at Apple Friday WISH ME LUCK and also thankyou(: I appreciate all the help and advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apple will not be able to downgrade your machine and preserve the state of your computer before the upgrade began. What they will be able to do however is backup your files, factory restore your computer and then restore those files back to the machine. So one way or the other you will have to do a factory reset. The only people that can restore back flawlessly are those that take Time Machine backups of their computers.

Another thing to note is that Apple will not allow you to go into recovery mode (CMD+R) and restore back in time without a time machine backup. Once you upgrade, you are unable to downgrade unless you have an old OS Installer on a USB and even if you have that you must do a factory reset. If there is anything Apple hates its when their users are not running the latest version of their software, so they make it very difficult to go back for the average joe.

The last thing to understand is that the Apple Store may have a policy about rolling your machine back to Mountain Lion, which is where it would need to go if you want to play VMK again. On Nov 28th, literally a couple of days ago Apple has dropped support completely for OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). This means that the OS is now susceptible to malicious software and viruses. The employees at Apple might be prohibited from taking your computer back to a vulnerable OS.

Source:
I'm a registered Apple Developer and I worked as an Apple Genius for a year after graduating high school.

PudgeTheFish

Hey swim.. I got @dolan free parallels to run on her mac.. I use it myself.. If u r sort of tech savvy lmk and ill hit u up with a link.. [emoji173]️

@Swimfast

InfinityFay

Get your hands on a copy of Windows 7 Pro...

Download VirtualBox.

I was in your position for MONTHS and now I can play. =D

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
Swimfast send me a PM I will fix you :-)
ofc u can(:[DOUBLEPOST=1417656406][/DOUBLEPOST]
Apple will not be able to downgrade your machine and preserve the state of your computer before the upgrade began. What they will be able to do however is backup your files, factory restore your computer and then restore those files back to the machine. So one way or the other you will have to do a factory reset. The only people that can restore back flawlessly are those that take Time Machine backups of their computers.

Another thing to note is that Apple will not allow you to go into recovery mode (CMD+R) and restore back in time without a time machine backup. Once you upgrade, you are unable to downgrade unless you have an old OS Installer on a USB and even if you have that you must do a factory reset. If there is anything Apple hates its when their users are not running the latest version of their software, so they make it very difficult to go back for the average joe.

The last thing to understand is that the Apple Store may have a policy about rolling your machine back to Mountain Lion, which is where it would need to go if you want to play VMK again. On Nov 28th, literally a couple of days ago Apple has dropped support completely for OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). This means that the OS is now susceptible to malicious software and viruses. The employees at Apple might be prohibited from taking your computer back to a vulnerable OS.

Source:
I'm a registered Apple Developer and I worked as an Apple Genius for a year after graduating high school.
holy cow okay ty though that helps ill def cancel my genius bar appointment i think ill just wait for the update to be able to handle vmi or keep using vmk experience and see how it goessss.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
Update for anyone following this: I had assumed that a VMWare image I made on Windows PC would work on VMWare Fusion... So since that didn't work I have created a VMWare Fusion image using @Swimfast 's Computer !! She is kind enough to let me upload the image she's made to my Google Drive so if anyone else wants to get Windows on there Macintosh shoot me a PM and I'll help you out.

PudgeTheFish

Oh, seems you've already found my shop. LOL.
Sorry about leaving btw the other day, my internet crashed right after.
I can totally do all this :P! Lucky for you, I just got done lots of work, and I might be able to get it done by tomorrow too.
:o all that would be amazing, but I feel like your paying to much. Let me know if you would want it for less.
Also if you have any other suggestions feel free to send a message :P. I shall start on it now!
Update for anyone following this: I had assumed that a VMWare image I made on Windows PC would work on VMWare Fusion... So since that didn't work I have created a VMWare Fusion image using @Swimfast 's Computer !! She is kind enough to let me upload the image she's made to my Google Drive so if anyone else wants to get Windows on there Macintosh shoot me a PM and I'll help you out.
ty

im sad bc i cant go on vmk anymore im having the same issue. i ran out of my trials on parallels and vmware and idk what to do now. myvmk experience has not worked ONCE since i downloaded it. HELP PLS