will never play vmk again because of OS yosemite

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
RIP to Swimfast after i saved 33k for christmas time and cant play anymore bc of OS Yostemite. NO ONE UPDATE UR MAC it ruins life. also, I use VmkExperience sometimes but it is really temperamental and usually gets me online once and then DC or it just DC right after the MYVMK logo disappears. IDK how to fix this problem because no web browsers work, and VmkExperience barely works. If anyone has any suggestions for me or has been able to find a better solution please helpppppp meeeee. I know a few people have been having this same issue too but i cant miss christmas on vmk i have no life:(
ok tysm.

Last edited:

Kaskade

Have you tried Google Chrome? I'm thinking its more of a shockwave issue than an OS or even a browser issue though.

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
Have you tried Google Chrome? I'm thinking its more of a shockwave issue than an OS or even a browser issue though.
I've tried firefox chrome and safari nothing works and even when i update shockwave it won't open vmk at all and then i uninstall it and it says to install it. its maybe the most frustrating thing to ever happen

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
If you are able to get a hold of a copy of a Windows operating system, you can load that into a virtual machine such as Virtual Box. It doesn't have to be the newest version either. I'm fairly certain that Windows XP SP3 would work (don't quote me on that though). Using the virtual machine, you should be able to load Shockwave on Windows, and use that to get into MyVMK.

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
If you are able to get a hold of a copy of a Windows operating system, you can load that into a virtual machine such as Virtual Box. It doesn't have to be the newest version either. I'm fairly certain that Windows XP SP3 would work (don't quote me on that though). Using the virtual machine, you should be able to load Shockwave on Windows, and use that to get into MyVMK.
okay okay i have one other suggestion about OS X recovery meaning my update would most likely disappear BUT i will try your suggestion afterward if this fails. Thank you so much for your suggestion it is probably the most efficient and easiest one tbh but i gotta try the recovery one bc my mom found it and i feel bad if i dont take her advice so she feels helpful ok tysm WISHME LUCK YAHLL

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
okay okay i have one other suggestion about OS X recovery meaning my update would most likely disappear BUT i will try your suggestion afterward if this fails. Thank you so much for your suggestion it is probably the most efficient and easiest one tbh but i gotta try the recovery one bc my mom found it and i feel bad if i dont take her advice so she feels helpful ok tysm WISHME LUCK YAHLL
Make sure to back up any important data before you run the recovery tool!

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
Make sure to back up any important data before you run the recovery tool!
so it was really confusing and i didnt wanna delete all of my stuff on my computer so i just exited. idk man this is a real struggle rn i think ill just try what you suggested even tho it sounds so difficult haha but i have to try anything at this point

Fruits

@Swimfast @Amy could possibly help you! I believe she has OS X. Hopefully she sees this! I know she has attempted to help people in the past with the same issue! Not sure if she was successful or not, but she is your best bet. lol.

Actually you may be able to just go back and reset your system to an earlier restore point (ie before your update to OS). This will not delete all your personal stuff.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
what is ur type of laptop
mac book PRO[DOUBLEPOST=1417541410][/DOUBLEPOST]
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/myvmk-experience-os-x-mavericks-and-yosemite.34775/ this is 1 option to play vmk on a mac. it doesn't always work tho but sometimes it does. the only other option right now besides this is to get windows on ur mac by using parallels
omg okay! cool thanks dude any suggestions help rn ill try it when i get home![DOUBLEPOST=1417541481][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Swimfast @Amy could possibly help you! I believe she has OS X. Hopefully she sees this! I know she has attempted to help people in the past with the same issue! Not sure if she was successful or not, but she is your best bet. lol.
that would rock because im on the opposite end of computer savvy lol yes i hope she sees this tooooooo! whats life without vmk CRI[DOUBLEPOST=1417541541][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually you may be able to just go back and reset your system to an earlier restore point (ie before your update to OS). This will not delete all your personal stuff.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2
wait i wanna do that but i was reading on apple support that you have to have all of your stuff on a backup disc? that u have to buy? idk tbh what it all meant but im scared nonetheless

@Swimfast I know with a windows system (which is what I have...I have never owned a macbook and never will) I can take my system back to a previous restore point without losing ANY data except for what was done between that restore point and the present. I imagine that mac has the same feature somewhere in it. I have done this many times if I get a hiccup in my system (just easier then trying to figure out the hiccup). It will probably be found along with the total restore feature which takes it back to box form (which obviously you dont want).

you can call ANY apple store and tell them that you want to do a factory reset thing..and theyll do it for free. I did that with one of mine but it was the big desktop type mac.[DOUBLEPOST=1417558869][/DOUBLEPOST]i suggest you do that. because they have the cd and everything to do it for you! :pickme:, give apple store near you a call and do an appointment......and ask for that :bounce:

Swimfast

Guppy Fish/ Ron Swanson
you can call ANY apple store and tell them that you want to do a factory reset thing..and theyll do it for free. I did that with one of mine but it was the big desktop type mac.[DOUBLEPOST=1417558869][/DOUBLEPOST]i suggest you do that. because they have the cd and everything to do it for you! :pickme:, give apple store near you a call and do an appointment......and ask for that :bounce:
OMG LIFE SAVER I IDNT KNOW THIS U R THE BESTTTTTTT IM CALLING RN