Are you related to anyone famous?

Andrew

I am related to the former jockey Steve Cauthen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Cauthen). We are not closely related (he is one of my dad's third cousins). If you do not know who he is, I advise you read his Wikipedia page. In short, he was (and still is) the last jockey to win the triple crown in Horse Racing, which is winning all three of the big horse races (Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes) in one season. He was on the cover of a bunch of magazines (like Sports Illustrated) and has been inducted into the Horse Racing Hall of Fame.

So, are you related to anyone famous?

Also, do you live near anyone famous? I live somewhat close to the Youtuber Keenan Cahill, but I have not met him yet :P.

If you know the band " slipknot " Corey taylor is from Des moines, Iowa. Thats about 2 hours from where im from. My dad's friend is close friends with him, so my dad is kinda in contact also.
I am related to " Buck Owens " He is a country singer from the 60's.

I'm ex-related (?) to Billy Ray Cyrus according to a few of my family members. Just knowing it makes me have an ACHY BREAKY HEART. ...2.

Otherwise, I've heard I'm related to a few country singers but I don't remember their names. I obviously need to get working on the family tree. o_o

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
my grandpa's cousin's grandson is J.R Celski the Olympic speed skater (:
so we're like 3rd cousins. lol

Andrew

I'm ex-related (?) to Billy Ray Cyrus according to a few of my family members. Just knowing it makes me have an ACHY BREAKY HEART. ...2.

Otherwise, I've heard I'm related to a few country singers but I don't remember their names. I obviously need to get working on the family tree. o_o
How are you ex related to Billy Ray Cyrus?

karkat

bret baier from fox news lives down the street from me
wow okay a lot of famous people live in my town but like......
idk them so

Not sure if anyone knows her or has heard of her but my cousin is news anchor Alycia Lane. Shes had a lot of controversy surrounding her for the past couple of years in the media but I'm proud shes my cousin despite what shes done in the past. :)

Her picture is below

View attachment 4434

Andrew

Not sure if anyone knows her or has heard of her but my cousin is news anchor Alycia Lane. Shes had a lot of controversy surrounding her for the past couple of years in the media but I'm proud shes my cousin despite what shes done in the past. :)

Her picture is below

View attachment 4434
Well... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alycia_Lane#Controversies

I am sure she is a very nice person...she just probably does things without thinking about the possible consequences, right?

Andrew

How are you ex related to Billy Ray Cyrus?
I honestly don't know. Something about a marriage linking to the family. I know not'ing!
Probably wasn't true, either. I'll have to dig deeper.

Also, Ryan Dunn (some actor) was from my hometown.
Well in that case you can start telling people you are related to Miley Cyrus...you will probably get some funny reactions from people :p.

Not famous in the traditional sense, but on my fathers side there was a general from the civil war and a ship captain from early 1800's. there is also a street named for one of my ancestors the next town over from where I grew up (Many streets were named for the land owners.) Moms side was involved in the War of the Roses, but I haven't been able to trace exactly who yet.

I know some talented song writers one wrote for Cece Penniston and almost had a deal with C&C Music Factory for their comeback and my nieces friend is a composer for the show Revenge and various movies. My aunt married a a decedent of Edgar Allen Poe and I have a cousin who went to high school with Chad Michael Murray. I also knew someone who was maid for Meryl Streep, she said she was uber nice to work for. I also worked with Pandora Boxx and Darienne Lake of RuPauls Drag Race fame. My nephew went to school with Rumor Willis and the twin boys from Teen Wolf, he dated one of them.

Shakespeare

Yeah.. Walt Disney, Kanye West & Adam Sandlers

hehe, but no.. I know a few famous celebrities. My cousin goes to school in NYU Cole & Dylan Sprouse go there. (Zack & Cody)
& my uncle lives a few minutes away from the Jonas Brother

apparently somewhere down the line, I'm related to Tom Hanks.

And through my mom's side of the family, President Lincoln
I have heard Tom Hanks & Lincoln are related

Well in that case you can start telling people you are related to Miley Cyrus...you will probably get some funny reactions from people :p.
LOL, I know! I'm just too embarrassed. That's why I say Billy. Hopefully they haven't seen his most recent video. :dizzy:

NEATO!

hehe, but no.. I know a few famous celebrities. My cousin goes to school in NYU Cole & Dylan Sprouse go there. (Zack & Cody)
& my uncle lives a few minutes away from the Jonas Brother
My mom knew a couple who lived right next to the JoBro's in NJ. Got to see them grow up. (:

Andrew

Normally I would say that you are probably lying about being related to Abraham Lincoln because it is hard to believe, but I know for a fact that Tom Hanks is related to Abraham Lincoln and since you are related to Tom Hanks then I believe you :).