Natural Disasters

Which natural disasters have you been in or experienced?

• Total voters

Andrew

Have you ever been in a natural disaster? (Meaning, have you ever been in an area where a natural disaster is happening and it was affecting you or your house/town).

Last edited:
Hurricanes, floods, and minor tornadoes is pretty common where I'm at. Florida (least the part where I'm at) creates a bad habit of being a sunshine state, then pouring down rain out of no where.

Jasmine

I've never actually been affected, but my area/town has been by some tornadoes a couple years ago. Ironically, we're supposed to have some tonight too.

[MENTION=1356]ShootingfortheMoon[/MENTION]: I'd love to live in Florida :(

[MENTION=117]Jasmine[/MENTION]

It's beautiful most of the time. Haha, come take a visit at Florida sometime! :D
Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking..?

Last edited:

Jasmine

[MENTION=117]Jasmine[/MENTION]

It's beautiful most of the time. Haha, come take a visit in Florida sometime! :D
Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking..?
I'm pretty close - Alabama :P

Mossie

Forest Faery and Occasional Pirate
We get bad hurricanes and blizzards here. And when we get thunderstorms, our house is constantly the main target. RIP everything plugged into the wall when lightning hits </3

Hurricanes, floods, and minor tornadoes is pretty common where I'm at. Florida (least the part where I'm at) creates a bad habit of being a sunshine state, then pouring down rain out of no where.

Hehe, that picture reminds me of my holidays to Walt Disney World. Last time, it was really nice in Hollywood Studios, but as soon as we got on the bus back to the hotel, rain came pouring down from nowhere. :giggle:

~~~~

We haven't been in anything major, but we have had a flood and a very small earthquake. Those and rather bad storms in recent years.

QueenB

I've never actually been affected, but my area/town has been by some tornadoes a couple years ago. Ironically, we're supposed to have some tonight too.

[MENTION=1356]ShootingfortheMoon[/MENTION]: I'd love to live in Florida :(
Yeah, I live right by the areas that were affected by the tornadoes in 2011 the fact that their is supposed to be severe weather tonight really has a lot of people freaked :( I'm hoping everything ends up okay.

I live in Alabama as well and we deal with (and I've been through) tornadoes, floods, and hurricanes. then in a rare event blizzards, there was one here in 1992.

Last edited:
Blizzards, a small earthquake that was centered far away, and I checked off hurricane even though I've only been through tropical storms and a once-hurricane-now-"superstorm."

I live way up north so really bad blizzards.
Illinois isn't way up north. xD

I'm pretty much in wisconsin so we get blizzards, flooding in the spring because of the blizzards, and we get tornadoes.. I've only been personally affected by one tornado but quite a few blizzards and flooding.

Last edited:

Foustketeer

Not romantic, too dramatic
Being in Arizona, we don't get much of the natural disaster type weather. Although we did have a pretty heavy snowstorm last year that I had deal with driving through. It's not listed, but I would've listed torrential downpour as one thing I've been through.

,-, i had to run through a hail storm. i was in like 3rd grade and my parents werent home so they called me and my brother and so we had to run across the street to our neighbors house... by the time we got there, it stopped hailing. #thanksmom <3

LOL! I think that's true statewide.
Though its been so hot I'm really feelin' for the park-goers. :p

---

I've gone through severe winter weather/tornados in Ohio, and tropical systems in Florida. Thankfully, I have yet to experience any dangerous flooding or wildfires. My heart goes out to anyone affected by natural disasters. :(