Seriously? NPC Amounts have dropped?

I cannot stand complaint posts and I avoid them like the bubonic plague, but here goes........

Why has the amount of credits for the NPCs dropped when there are
ONLY THREE that can be visited? We should be able to gain the same amount of credits for those 3 NPCs every 12 hours as we should be able to by visiting Yeti, Esmerelda, Gus, Phineas, Ezra, Blackbeard, Maleficent the Dragon, Shrunken Ned and Gator Waiter. Yes, I get it that there are fireworks, but there was previously the option to gain credits in Fireworks as well as a number of other games.

I totally get that Amy & team are working as fast as possible to add things to the game, but if there are going to be things released so early in the game, (especially magic at 10,000 credits per star) we need the ability to gain credits so that we can purchase them. Taking credits away and offering 1 game is only pushing people towards the idea of creating mules to get enough credits. Not everybody is great at Fireworks and not everybody has hours to spend on the computer to play game after game after game of fireworks either.

Sterek

Overly Obsessive Fan
I cannot stand complaint posts and I avoid them like the bubonic plague, but here goes........

Why are the amount of credits for the NPCs dropping when there are
ONLY TWO that we can visited? We should be able to gain the same amount of credits for those two NPCs every 12 hours as we should be able to by visiting Yeti, Esmerelda, Gus, Phineas, Ezra, Blackbeard, Maleficent the Dragon, Shrunken Ned and Gator Waiter. Yes, I get it that there are fireworks, but there was previously the option to gain credits in Fireworks as well as a number of other games.

I totally get that Amy & team are working as fast as possible to add things to the game, but if there are going to be things released so early in the game, (especially magic at 10,000 credits per star) we need the ability to gain credits so that we can purchase them. Taking credits away and offering 1 game is only pushing people towards the idea of creating mules to get enough credits. Not everybody is great at Fireworks and not everybody has hours to spend on the computer to play game after game after game of fireworks either.
Amen. Im just waiting for a staff member to notice all these posts being against this decrease in credits. The people want more!

The dragon is also an NPC now.
The Dragon now gives credits too. But other than that I agree that they should be raised a little more.
Okay, so 3. :) But seriously, credits should not be removed from NPCs until we have the ability to get them from the rest of them.

Amen. Im just waiting for a staff member to notice all these posts being against this decrease in credits. The people want more!
I think they are largely being ignored. It is Amy's thing and I respect that she is running this as she pleases; if they are going to put a mandate our there about creating mules (which I believe many of us do follow), then let's not make it so hard to enjoy the items in the game.

Exactly. Thank you! I don't have time to play 50 minutes of fireworks a day.
And some of us do not have the physical ability to play Fireworks for that long either. ;)

Taking credits away and offering 1 game is only pushing people towards the idea of creating mules to get enough credits. Not everybody is great at Fireworks and not everybody has hours to spend on the computer to play game after game after game of fireworks either.
I'd imagine that decreasing the amount of credits discourages clones, because you don't get 1500 per character every day.

The inflated NPC/shells was a bad system, and is not ideal for long-term use.

Exactly. Thank you! I don't have time to play 50 minutes of fireworks a day.
Then MMOs aren't for you. No offense, the MMO genre is entirely based off of rewarding heavy time investment. If that's not something you can handle, or keep up with, it isn't for you. Getting 1000 credits for logging on when there are more rewarding way of getting credits is insulting to people who devote their time to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine that decreasing the amount of credits discourages clones, because you don't get 1500 per character every day.

The inflated NPC/shells was a bad system, and is not ideal for long-term use.
This is completely correct.

100 Agreed.

I completely agree with you. It's understandable that the staff feels that because we have Fireworks now, we shouldn't rely on shells/NPC's as much. However, as you said, not everyone is very good at Fireworks and it is a very time-consuming game. I for one am not good at it and it's such a long process just to play one game. Once all of the mini-games are working, then I would see how logical lowering the daily credits of NPC's is. But as of right now, all we have is Fireworks.

And furthermore, I don't think it's right to say that if you can't commit a bunch of your time to the game, then it's "not for you". The majority of the people playing are either in high school or college, so we all have pretty busy lives and can't spend a bunch of hours in our day playing a game on the computer.

Geggy

Why has the amount of credits for the NPCs dropped when there are
ONLY THREE that can be visited? We should be able to gain the same amount of credits for those 3 NPCs every 12 hours as we should be able to by visiting Yeti, Esmerelda, Gus, Phineas, Ezra, Blackbeard, Maleficent the Dragon, Shrunken Ned and Gator Waiter. [...]
Currently, we get 300 credits a day from three (3) NPC's. In VMK, we got 360 credits a day. That's not a big difference, even though VMK had 9 NPC's...

Click Me

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Currently, we get 300 credits a day from three (3) NPC's. In VMK, we got 360 credits a day. That's not a big difference, even though VMK had 9 NPC's...

Click Me
Bah, Geggy beat me to the punch!

As for the post, I would rather not see an increase in NPC credits. I have a feeling that if there was an increase we would start seeing a thread asking to reduce them. It's quite a cycle I'm noticing.

Click Me
Pretty sure that's 180 a day. Unless every day is your first day. In MyVMK it's what? 50? That's 150 every 12 hours, or 300 a day if you get a schedule going. You're actually better off in MyVMK, as in VMK, you only could get NPC credits once a day. 50 is nice until we get some new NPCs. Then they can be lowered.

Geggy

Pretty sure that's 180 a day. Unless every day is your first day. In MyVMK it's what? 50? That's 150 every 12 hours, or 300 a day if you get a schedule going. You're actually better off in MyVMK, as in VMK, you only could get NPC credits once a day. 50 is nice until we get some new NPCs. Then they can be lowered.
Nope, you could get NPC's twice a day in VMK as well. That's where the 360 credit figure came from. :)

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
The dragon is also an NPC now.
I think that's what she meant by three. Yeti, Esmeralda, and Maleficent.

- - - Updated - - -

Then MMOs aren't for you. No offense, the MMO genre is entirely based off of rewarding heavy time investment. If that's not something you can handle, or keep up with, it isn't for you. Getting 1000 credits for logging on when there are more rewarding way of getting credits is insulting to people who devote their time to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

This is completely correct.
And once again Jedi, you make perfect sense. And in regards to MMOs, that is very true, it's the same for grindy MMORPG games like Maplestory. To level, you literally have to devote hours to grinding (continuously doing the same thing over and over). People do it all the time still, HS and college kids included. It just takes a level of commitment and devotion. If you don't feel you'll have time, don't become so invested in it.

I play GrandChase and have for 3 years, invested over 200$ of my own currency in to it, and have worked a demanding job AND gone to school full time, and still managed to squeeze in time for gaming, because I was committed to it because I love it.

Really it just goes on how much your willing to put in to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I think NPCs should give 200-500 credits each tbh
I think that's too much to be honest. NPC's weren't meant to be a way to bank for the day, they were supposed to be a kind of "Oh hey! You found me! Here's a little something."

But then again this is Beta, and the only functioning mini game has a number of bugs and glitches, so I guess 200-500 credits for the time being isn't TOO outrageous.

- - - Updated - - -

Click Me
But I think what people are seeing contrast in is that VMK had 9 NPC's to award 360 credits a day, that was at it's full development. We're in Beta so not everything is fully developed yet to be compared to a game that was out of it's beta stage with all functioning mini games available.

Hopefully, my opinion will be heard here.
Those that are saying "VMK's NPCs gave out less credits than myVMK's current NPCs so you have no room to argue" need to stop.

VMK was three years into development and had several ways to earn money (selling items, playing pirates, playing fireworks, playing jungle cruise, playing haunted mansion, and collecting credits from several npcs). The argument is invalid. I'm not saying that the game is awful/ we need more games blah blah blah. However, I AM saying that we can't use the argument that "myVMK's npcs give out more"
You can't compare apples and oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

But I think what people are seeing contrast in is that VMK had 9 NPC's to award 360 credits a day, that was at it's full development. We're in Beta so not everything is fully developed yet to be compared to a game that was out of it's beta stage with all functioning mini games available.

Well, my comment is not 100% about a old vs new comparison as much as being only a few weeks into the game and we have 2000 credit hats and 10000 credit magic which everybody wants 5 of. It is too early in the game with very few ways to make credits to have so many high-credit items coming out. If this is about building an economy, fine, but then let's call it what it is.......

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Well, my comment is not 100 about a old vs new comparison as much as being only a few weeks into the game and we have 2000 credit hats and 10000 credit magic which everybody wants 5 of. It is too early in the game with very few ways to make credits to have so many high-credit items coming out. If this is about building an economy, fine, but then let's call it what it is.......
I agree that the prices of the items should be reduced. That's my stance on it. I think 2k for a hat is too much now. When the shells were 25 a pop? 2k was fine. But seeing as the shells are now 10 a piece, for me personally fireworks doesn't yield more than 100 credits per game now that the points systems has changed, and the NPC's only give out 50 credits each, it's harder to obtain items. If you had the patience and the skill to play fireworks 10x a day, more power to you. Personally, my patience with fireworks runs out after about 3 games lol.

But of course this could turn in to another debate over myvmk having an economy and yada yada rather easily as always.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully, my opinion will be heard here.
Those that are saying "VMK's NPCs gave out less credits than myVMK's current NPCs so you have no room to argue" need to stop.

VMK was three years into development and had several ways to earn money (selling items, playing pirates, playing fireworks, playing jungle cruise, playing haunted mansion, and collecting credits from several npcs). The argument is invalid. I'm not saying that the game is awful/ we need more games blah blah blah. However, I AM saying that we can't use the argument that "myVMK's npcs give out more"
You can't compare apples and oranges.
You go girl.