Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Anyway @host_absolem congrats on the promo. You seriously deserve it! I've had a bunch of great experience with you and your interaction with the players is spectacular. I wish for many more great experiences :D:D
[4/30/2015 6:13:34 PM] Absolem: part of being in a game like this, is having fun things pop up unannounced.. no matter what the prize.. you’re there , yay yo uget a chance to possibly participate. if not, you miss out for not being in the game. they can whine all they like, its a game. not everything should be handed to them all the time

I also love the part where after a grown woman called a young girl who CARES about the community a derogatory word, Abs completely ignored it just to go back to arguing. Abs has shown that she is disrespectful and doesn't care about the community. Someone like this doesn't deserve to be promoted to administrator.

Wonder

[4/30/2015 6:13:34 PM] Absolem: part of being in a game like this, is having fun things pop up unannounced.. no matter what the prize.. you’re there , yay yo uget a chance to possibly participate. if not, you miss out for not being in the game. they can whine all they like, its a game. not everything should be handed to them all the time

I also love the part where after a grown woman called a young girl who CARES about the community a derogatory word, Abs completely ignored it just to go back to arguing. Abs has shown that she is disrespectful and doesn't care about the community. Someone like this doesn't deserve to be promoted to administrator.
and it's very clear from the hostility of her statement that she still stands by kali
absolem needs to be stripped of her position but amy won't have the courage to do it lol

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member

Didn't see this before. I'm so clueless on whats right. I feel like a war is starting Between players and staff. I feel like drama is seriously starting to draw the community apart. TBH it's Amy's choice. So if Amy belives in them Then there must be something she sees in them. If it comes back to bite her or if they become the best admins Amy thinks it's right for the game And we'll see what happens. personally as long the game is still on I'm alright. I don't want to see VMK close for the 3rd time.

After reading all of these posts, I don't wish to be part of a game who doesn't even give respect to their own staff members. Nothing will be salvaged at this point. No solutions will be made. Congrats on your new position, now you lost your respect and integrity towards everyone in the community. I hope your badge is extra shiny on your first week.

Wow, did she really just say that?
Did you mention the part where a full grown adult called a teen a "see u next Tuesday"? Regardless if its legit or not, you don't say that to someone.

Wonder

Didn't see this before. I'm so clueless on whats right. I feel like a war is starting Between players and staff. I feel like drama is seriously starting to draw the community apart. TBH it's Amy's choice. So if Amy belives in them Then there must be something she sees in them. If it comes back to bite her or if they become the best admins Amy thinks it's right for the game And we'll see what happens. personally as long the game is still on I'm alright. I don't want to see VMK close for the 3rd time.
I think part of the issue is that we all see amy as this sound-minded person. But the blog and her past decisions show she is actually very indecisive, shy, unable to take a leadership position, and clearly unable to handle her staff. I mean, she delayed the POTC release for MONTHS because it "made her sad to think about the backlash she got for not meeting deadlines she herself set." I mean, I think everyone needs to stop with the "well amy MUST know what she's doing to keep them around." I'm not so sure Amy is as good as everyone makes her out to be anymore.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I think part of the issue is that we all see amy as this sound-minded person. But the blog and her past decisions show she is actually very indecisive, shy, unable to take a leadership position, and clearly unable to handle her staff. I mean, she delayed the POTC release for MONTHS because it "made her sad to think about the backlash she got for not meeting deadlines she herself set." I mean, I think everyone needs to stop with the "well amy MUST know what she's doing to keep them around." I'm not so sure Amy is as good as everyone makes her out to be anymore.
I haven't made up my mind about Amy and frankly I don't want to. But in the end she is the creator and even if she might not be able to lead she is keeping this game on just for us. I'm grateful to her for that.

Also if amy can't lead maybe she could get a volunteer as "Manager" sort that could do what she is lacking. Someone like a judge, who likes to hear both sides of the story and then decide.

Cait.

Secretly a dinosaur :3
I think part of the issue is that we all see amy as this sound-minded person. But the blog and her past decisions show she is actually very indecisive, shy, unable to take a leadership position. I mean, she delayed the POTC release for MONTHS because it "made her sad to think about the backlash she got for not meeting deadlines she herself set." I mean, I think everyone needs to stop with the "well amy MUST know what she's doing to keep them around." I'm not so sure Amy is as good as everyone makes her out to be anymore.
Thank you!
Just because amy keeps someone around doesn't mean they are a good person.
I think we have gotten all the proof we need.
Abs says there are "two sides of every story" but never gave us their side. and people say well cricket only posted some of the chat logs, well thats better than anything abs has given us.
Its clear to me that they don't want us knowing how bad of people they really are, why else do they keep removing the link to tumblr?
Why haven't they showed us "their" chat logs, if they were being such good people..
Why haven't they responded to any of this..
Like literally Amy should give someone else rights to the game because she obviously cant handle it..
I couldnt agree with your post anymore.

http://myvmkskype.tumblr.com/

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Thank you!
Just because amy keeps someone around doesn't mean they are a good person.
I think we have gotten all the proof we need.
Abs says there are "two sides of every story" but never gave us their side. and people say well cricket only posted some of the chat logs, well thats better than anything abs has given us.
Its clear to me that they don't want us knowing how bad of people they really are, why else do they keep removing the link to tumblr?
Why haven't they showed us "their" chat logs, if they were being such good people..
Why haven't they responded to any of this..
Like literally Amy should give someone else rights to the game because she obviously cant handle it..
I couldnt agree with your post anymore.

http://myvmkskype.tumblr.com/
say goodbye to this link in 3...2...1...

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Look Amy is young. Some people mature faster than others. Some have had harder lives that may affect their confidence and ability to make decisions. This is a life lesson that I hope she learns from and comes out stronger and more confident from. She needs caring supporting mentors to help her. People that may not be staff as in a role but may have a good track record of being a good mediator. That are neutral to help her with some of the tough decisions. They cares about the game but also cares about her as a person. A sounding board. Not use her for personal gain. Yes I am disappointed with her decision. I am not surprised. I know she has a very caring heart. She needs encouragement too. She does need to get rid of the Admins and make a clean slate. This is huge and takes a lot of courage. For some people it might be easy. Knowing Amy's personality this is not. I hope she finds the right people to help her that she feels she can trust.

I have been told I am a fake friend because I do not stand up for staff by some friends of staff ( not Amy). Let me say that hurt because I take my friendships very seriously. A true friend lets you know when you have made a bad decision and helps you see how another decision could have been better. Does not condemn you, but helps you make it right if they can. They forgive you and try to encourage you to keep trying. They do not walk away but try to be there if and when you might need them. @ Amy.

This is all fixable. People do forgive, trust can be mended. I just hope she knows that. That she has lots of support to do that right thing. As hard as it may be.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Look Amy is young. Some people mature faster than others. Some have had harder lives that may affect their confidence and ability to make decisions. This is a life lesson that I hope she learns from and comes out stronger and more confident from. She needs caring supporting mentors to help her. People that may not be staff as in a role but may have a good track record of being a good mediator. That are neutral to help her with some of the tough decisions. They cares about the game but also cares about her as a person. A sounding board. Not use her for personal gain. Yes I am disappointed with her decision. I am not surprised. I know she has a very caring heart. She needs encouragement too. She does need to get rid of the Admins and make a clean slate. This is huge and takes a lot of courage. For some people it might be easy. Knowing Amy's personality this is not. I hope she finds the right people to help her that she feels she can trust.

I have been told I am a fake friend because I do not stand up for staff by some friends of staff ( not Amy). Let me say that hurt because I take my friendships very seriously. A true friend lets you know when you have made a bad decision and helps you see how another decision could have been better. Does not condemn you, but helps you make it right if they can. They forgive you and try to encourage you to keep trying. They do not walk away but try to be there if and when you might need them. @ Amy.

This is all fixable. People do forgive, trust can be mended. I just hope she knows that. That she has lots of support to do that right thing. As hard as it may be.
You have one of the kindest souls I have ever had the honor of knowing and I am always inspired by how despite the way some treat you, you still treat every person you encounter with respect. I love you dearly, Belle. :halcyon:

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015

Seems to me she had the right people, Snow, Grizzly, Jasmine, Tink ,Maui, Dragon, how many more people does she need to help her with tough decisions . They all seem solid as a rock, Grizzly is a born leader as is Snow, seems through their talks some of us have briefly read they were communicating as a group something that was bothering the majority. Seems she chose not to listen to them , she instead backed the wrong horse Abs and Kali. As for fixing this, I don't see how that is anyway possible at this point. Some will continue to play here because they won't make a stand. Others will leave because their is a wrong way and a right way and what went on is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.