Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I'm nervous. The drama of firing staff and blaming people and all is EXACTLY what caused OVMK to go down in flames. There was a game I heard on the news. I forgot exactly but I belive it was HABBO. That Allowed PLAYERS To decide the outcome of calls for help. Maybe this is a good idea I understand what happened with the favoritism so maybe a certain amount of players who can earn an safety Certificate can vote on calls And decisions to fire staff. Of course staff gets the final say. The news article also said that drama on the game according to the owner has decreased a large amount. Anyway @host_absolem congrats on the promo. You seriously deserve it! I've had a bunch of great experience with you and your interaction with the players is spectacular. I wish for many more great experiences :D:D

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I think the game has turned into a chaotic mess. I think one of the factors is how unprofessional certain staff have been. In the past, and now. I know "Our opinions don't matter" but isn't that what built MyVMK? I mean, players have suggested items on the forums and they have been implemented into the game. Amy has held polls on what to release first, such as the original black mickey ears. Yes, I understand certain things are NOT our business, but I think it's a tad unfair how LisaWDW was promoted, and Cricket was the one to suffer. BUT we don't know the full story, and I don't want to jump to conclusions.
I went to LisaWDW a.k.a. VMK_Kali's non-calendar-listed event on Wednesday night. Amy was there. It was very fun, but... didn't seem fair at all that it hadn't been announced anywhere else. And she had apparently been doing a lot of those events. I almost won a firewall.
It was these events that Host_Cricket took issue with, prompting VMK_Kali to respond to her with very strong language. Awful, awful language.
I'm going to remember her words whenever I see her or her name again. They came from a private chat off-game, and I wouldn't have seen them if it hadn't been shared with me, but now that I have, they're going to stick with me. I'm always going to associate Kali with those words.
I don't know what could have sparked Kali to say those "awful" things to Cricket. Cricket could have done something first, but again we really don't know. However, I don't see how it's fair that Kali was promoted, sharing secret information with her friends and inviting them into her rooms. This is why I don't agree with having players take the roles as staff members. They can abuse their powers like that. But anyway, Amy and the others are all HUMAN. They are not robots. They have feelings just like we do, and I think the disrespect they've received is wrong. The ones who are trying need the respect. Amy pays a lot of money to keep this game running. It's more so the server she pays for, but running a game, fixing major bugs, and adding new content definitely takes up a lot of time and hard work, especially when you're solo. Yes, we can have opinions, but there is a fine line between opinions and hating/being disrespectful. I think some people in this thread need to chill. The staff are obviously under a lot of pressure at the moment, and the last they need is people to keep badgering them with disrespectful attitudes. Yes, the favoritism is wrong. I agree with that.

The staff who are hold "secret" events and giving out items without permission should be let go. Because it's what is contributing to how the community is falling apart. There is absolutely nothing we, the players can do at the moment. I feel as if the "magic" isn't there anymore, and it's driving so many well-liked players away. Sadly, as said above, we can only watch our childhood game crash and burn if things don't get better and certain staff keep abusing their powers. But I applaud the staff members who are actually doing their jobs and caring for the game.

Last edited:
Stoop to their level.

Abs, a lot has been going on since Friday. Many players are finding out information out of staff/ex-staff frustration. You need to address these problems. You are staff now. We are beginning to trust the whistle-blowers because they are giving us answers, their "level" however LOW you may think it is, is probably out of guilt and with the primary intention of revealing truths to all the players. We need staff to speak up, we don't need staff to shut us out, we don't need staff to make us their dumb/dull puppets. We want answer because we love you, this game and everyone who has been a part of it. My heart and hopes go out to you and everyone involved in this situation. Stoop to said person's level and defend yourself and said person defended themselves as well as many other ex-staff members. I don't want to be a part of a tyrannical hierarchy that is only entertaining for a handful of people. Please answer our questions and please understand our feelings too. You're a leader to us, you always have been.

it's sad that you don't care about people being harassed by staff members. it's sad that you don't care about the people that have been victim to some staff members and their member bff friends ganging up on them and harassing them. it's sad that you don't care about the literal CHILDREN who have been traumatized by the lack of common decency from grown adults WHO RUN THIS GAME. it's sad that you don't care that a grown woman called a 16 year old girl (and other people) with my maturity in her fingernail than half of us combined degrading, hurtful words. but mainly it's sad that you don't care about people treating people like people and not disposable pieces of garbage.

none of us aren't thankful the game is back. we're concerned the way people are being treated. nothing is being taken for granted here, not the game nor amy's talents nor the staff members who have done their job well and contributed to this experience. it's the harassment by several staff members and ignorance/fear on amy's part that's what we're very very concerned about.

^ If you both truly don't care, then so be it. I'm glad you can play this game turning a blind eye to all the harassment and injustice going on here.
I wasn't going to contribute any more to this thread, but I'll explain to you why I'm apathetic towards this.
These "victims" can remove themselves from the situation as easily as clicking a button, but instead they decide to contribute even more drama to the situation.
I won't deny that bullying can happen on a game, but everyone needs to learn how to move past that in life.
A grown woman insulting a teenage girl that knowingly took a staff position; staff positions rarely if ever progress without conflict.
Maybe if the people on this game, both the instigators and the antagonizers(the majority of this thread), started treating it like a game and not a highschool cheerleading team, then they could move past it and start enjoying themselves. No one needs excess stress in their life from a game that's suppose to be fun- just let it go.

I wasn't going to contribute any more to this thread, but I'll explain to you why I'm apathetic towards this.
These "victims" can remove themselves from the situation as easily as clicking a button, but instead they decide to contribute even more drama to the situation.
I won't deny that bullying can happen on a game, but everyone needs to learn how to move past that in life.
A grown woman insulting a teenage girl that knowingly took a staff position; staff positions rarely if ever progress without conflict.
Maybe if the people on this game, both the instigators and the antagonizers(the majority of this thread), started treating it like a game and not a highschool cheerleading team, then they could move past it and start enjoying themselves. No one needs excess stress in their life from a game that's suppose to be fun- just let it go.
because a 16 year old accepted a staff position its ok for a grown adult to call her a c***?? makes sense

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
half the victims didn't even contribute to the harassment they received. so way to go. blame the victim and not the person who actually committed the crime. make excuses for the behavior exhibited. and also, although this is a game, we are not all avatars irl. we are people, typing things and interacting with other people. just because the setting happens to be a game doesn't mean the feelings and implications of people's words don't affect PEOPLE. you cannot say that just because we're all playing a game means being disrespectful, condescending and harassing others is acceptable.

because a 16 year old accepted a staff decision its ok for a grown adult to call her a c***?? makes sense
I'm sorry, but I just find this illogical.
If you were in a workplace environment and witnessed a manager publicly degrade another significantly younger manager in front of the rest of the management team and the general manager, you wouldn't consider that unprofessional? You wouldn't think the manager that is significantly older and is supposed to be more mature should be reprimanded for saying such things?
As an organization (the organization being this game) I think all people (customers) are asking for is a management team who are going to go about things professionally and respect their coworkers.
I'm not justifying it, I'm trying to explain that that's not an uncommon situation for a person in a leadership position. It's not THAT unexpected.

I need an unpopular opinion puffin apparently.

iProsper

yes lets blame the victims. the victims are the one's who are causing this. this is all their fault!! absolutely not the person...who...is newly promoted...that victimized them...

is that what you're saying? doesnt sound right to me.

I'm not justifying it, I'm trying to explain that that's not an uncommon situation for a person in a leadership position. It's not THAT unexpected.

I need an unpopular opinion puffin apparently.
i dont think thats a common situation. jasmine was not rude and did not show any disrepect and also did not use any insulting words to be talked to like that. it was beyond unprofessional and just flat out rude and nobody should get treated like that regardless of their position.

Last edited:
I didn't come here to argue, and trust me I could.

My point is that everyone posting in this thread is blowing an issue completely out of proportion. Making people aware is one thing, causing ridiculous amounts of surplus drama is another.
It could've been solved much more easily without all of this.

iProsper

My point is that everyone posting in this thread is blowing an issue completely out of proportion. Making people aware is one thing, causing ridiculous amounts of surplus drama is another.

How is it drama? we're merely stating facts?
If you can go all day arguing, then so can I

It could have, but it wasn't. That's the whole reason why this thread is ongoing. Nothing has progressed and we want this to be solved.

Lost

The reason this is still going on is because it can't be solved as easy as you say because staff are radio silent or give half truths and no apologies.

This was the straw that broke the camels back. All the things bottled up and recent events are coming up in spades. It's more than the issue at hand now. People want answers, justice, apologies and change. Staff may or may not be willing to offer any of that but for the moment they haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.