Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
This is why anonymous staff is a bad idea in my honest opinion. Any new staff members added, we have no idea who they are. Could be best friends with current staff, could be people who can make calm and rational decisions.

If you can't do your job professionally and in an unbiased manner on your main account, why should you get an anonymous account to hide behind?

@Captain-Heather is really one of the only staff members i have come to trust, because i have played with her in-game. Entered competitions with her. Had discussions. Played Pirates. discussed why butch is better than pluto She has a personality and a history on this site that makes it easy to trust her. Who are all these anonymous new people popping up? Why do they need a mask to hide behind?

This is why anonymous staff is a bad idea in my honest opinion. Any new staff members added, we have no idea who they are. Could be best friends with current staff, could be people who can make calm and rational decisions.

If you can't do your job professionally and in an unbiased manner on your main account, why should you get an anonymous account to hide behind?

@Captain-Heather is really one of the only staff members i have come to trust, because i have played with her in-game. Entered competitions with her. Had discussions. Played Pirates. discussed why butch is better than pluto She has a personality and a history on this site that makes it easy to trust her. Who are all these anonymous new people popping up? Why do they need a mask to hide behind?
Plot twist, heather is Host_jellybean

discussed why butch is better than pluto
If only there was a dislike button for this... ;) Thanks, though. My forum staff team may be anonymous, but I can vouch for them; they do a really good job, in my opinion.

Plot twist, heather is Host_jellybean
Oh please, I would be Host_Pluto, duh. ;) Lol. Honestly I don't need the extra work of being a host; being forum admin is stressful enough, thank you!

If only there was a dislike button for this... ;) Thanks, though. My forum staff team may be anonymous, but I can vouch for them; they do a really good job, in my opinion.

Oh please, I would be Host_Pluto, duh. ;) Lol. Honestly I don't need the extra work of being a host; being forum admin is stressful enough, thank you!
All that stress should go away soon, I'll be out of your hair ;3

I'll get on every now and then to bug @Quicksilver though, unless he decides to "run off." *badum PSH*

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
ur hair is awesome.
awwhhh thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1430905910][/DOUBLEPOST]
If it was not the players business.....then.........why even make a post about it to the players..........?
if you are referring to my post, because people keep talking about it on blogs, on this thread and on facebook. i was clearly stating my observations.
In my post, it clearly says three times i'm not defending nor attacking, just bringing a few logical universal rules to the table everyone keeps forgetting.

Sad to see you go. But I completely get it. We seriously should just close this thread and put it to rest. We know the staff has some issues to work out and us complaining isn't gonna help at all. Mistakes were made and we get it so I belive that we all have our own opinion and I think that the polls in the general section will help the staff understand what we want. But on regards to this thread of and the drama of all this, in the words of Elsa, "The past is in the past! Let it go!"

@Captain-Heather @Sully @Zenon are you allowed to close the thread?
^^^

I've personally never truly understood the reasoning for remaining anonymous. If they do it because they want to have a shot at something for which I really believe should be exempt for staff (ie. Best Guest Room and other room building competitions), they're doing it wrong. If they're doing it because they don't want to damage the reputation their original accounts had, again they're doing it wrong. I've said before that joining staff teams when originally a member sometimes involves taking risks, and if you're too scared that staff duties may damage said rep by being an anonymous staff member, they're doing it wrong.

That being said, I do hope that staff members have an actual decision as to whether they keep their original member name secret or not, because I surely wouldn't care if everyone knows that I am LadyVerne. I'd assume many others who aren't on the staff team would feel the same. Knowing who's who would really give a clearer understanding as to what the staff members are like, given their track record when dealing with other players and in turn build up trust, which is seemingly non-existent at this current time.

While I somewhat don't have many problems with people becoming staff because they're friends with other staff, it does feel that others are left out that show incredible potential. I am not saying that to offend any of the current staff team because hey, sometimes being friends may increase the rapport in the team... who knows, but it does feel very biased and judging by the fact that the staff member in question who got promoted for vile language is a friend of someone higher in the ranks completely ruins all trust and expectations aspiring HOSTs and moderators have - myself included. Members, too.

Sorry about the rambles - am just trying to get a clearer understanding. :)

Last edited:

MacPat

Contributor
Everyone wants to hear two sides of the story, right?
Why was said person not allowed to return? Sticking to the facts (and no, I will not take screenshots and post them). They abused their position, plain and simple. They showed favoritism to themselves and friends by pulling players into events, numerous times, over and over, to gain the advantage of winning multiple times in one night when everyone else had to wait in line. Said person would allow friends to test their games, allowing them to collect unearned prizes afterwards. Said person traded unauthorized items to players. Said person abused chat logs, searching people to gather information on them, to use for their own entertainment. Said person shared information about call for helps, warning people when and who had been reported. Said person shared private information between the staff members. Said person has threatened players outside of the game.
This is something I don't condone with the fact of past things I have done, which I only did because I wasn't getting what I wanted. Anyways, lets not get into that...
Give me the hate blog links and I'll have the blogs removed from the service.

By the way, what goes on inside the MyVMK Team is no one's business. It's unprofessional to be publicly talking about drama within the MyVMK Team.

Wow...Real life happens and I come back and find a warzone..

If someone could fill me in on the other half of the story, that would be lovely because I'm utterly lost.

Sorry if you take this rudely, but I have a very difficult time trusting and believing in a staff team who promotes what Kali did. We all know what she did so there is no need to relive it. What should of been done was to remove her from the team. Instead, why don't we promote her? Favoritism is in no way okay when you're a staff. How can you say the game is about everyone in the community if you allow that to happen?!

*waits for post to get removed because I gave my real opinion*
^^Message me about the Kali thing too? But I agree on the favoritism part.

The players didn't really have say in the old game either now did they?
Firstly, the old game was run by paid staff with many people in many different sectors of running the game.

Secondly just because something was done in the past doesn't mean we should continue it or not try improve upon in. Look back in the history of the world. Progress is always being made and should be made.
Not only were they paid, but they were professionally screened for the job. Their job history was looked into to see if they were a responsible person and right for the job. Answering a bunch of questions on the computer is easy and anyone can do it. Going through a real interview and having a lot of your life looked into, that is harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.