Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sort of sitting back trying to let everything I've read the past few days set in and trying to decide how I feel about it all. I've personally have never had any contact negative or positive with with kali and as I've haven't connected with other players outside of the game haven't been aware of any issues until now. So I really cannot state an opinion on that except that as it seems so many players do have an issue it is something that should be address better than it has been. The only thing I can say is the language used by this staff member was disgusting. I cannot even explain just how disturbing that was to me.
I was not aware of the secret late night games, I think the majority of us were not....hence the reason there was not much backlash about it IMO. I would not have such an issue with this if secret pop up game were offered at other times as well, instead of only offered to those players that are in the game at those late hours.

One of the things I'm having the hardest time with is in reading the tumbler blogs, how unconcerned / uncaring a certain staff member was with all of this. Yes Amy made this game, but she is human and makes mistakes just like all of us, and just cause "Amy said yes" doesn't make something right. Amy would of said yes I think cause yes it sounded fun and harmless, but as I don't think she has a "finger on the pulse" of the community like the other staff does she wouldn't of thought there would be an issue with it, frankly those staff that were envolved should of known. And for someone to not understand that and plainly not care is hard for me. I would of thought to myself well yes Amy said it was ok, but I don't think it's right to do. It should of been pretty telling when the majority of staff are on one side saying the same thing. And then to continue having secret events is like a slap in the face to all.

I want to give all those staff who left and those who stayed ( I think you'll know which) a big huge hugs for banging your heads against the wall for us players to try to ensure that the game was run fairly and harmoniously. You helped make this game the happy place it used to be and I am sorry you are all no longer here to continue that.

At this point idk if I will continue to play or not, I'm sort of in a wait and see mode....but the heart has sort of left the game for me and that really saddens me.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Oh, this sort of nonsense is still happening? :violin:

I'm sorry to say that I don't know this situation much at all, and the information from this post doesn't exactly paint a clear picture of the situation at all either (which it would seem defeats it's purpose).

Now it seems there's an issue with the staff (for the thousandth time since it's opened). And it seems there's also an underlying issue of what decisions the community has the right to play a part in. So what I'm gathering is there's some unrest because someone was let go for abusing their power (old news tbh) and yet there still seem to be some team members that remain doing similar things and the community feels they should have a say in some of the decisions of the game itself, including certain staff changes.

I can't say much for sure on the situation since it's so foggy, but I will incorporate some of my real world experience to see if it can apply logically. Now usually in anything that requires a "team" or unit of people presiding over a larger group of people there's 2 ways the members of this unit are chosen. 1.) Applications > Review > Interview > Position appointed. And 2.) Applications > Review > Public Vote > Elected position. So in other words, either you're hired by the head of the unit based on your qualifications and this is done privately within the team, or a public vote is held and you are elected to be part of the team. Since the beginning of this game and the choosing of the staff team members, no one has ever been publicly elected in to their position. All staff members have been appointed their position internally by the current team. Now that being said, usually with any kind of development project, the team working on it work together to bring their vision to fruition. Now as their product furthers and a community of members that enjoy the fruits of their labor begin to form, they sometimes take suggestion and requests from their community on the game. I've never seen any kind of online or even real-life community (especially in the gaming community) have any say in any other affair regarding the project but the project itself - i.e. team members, team changes, rules and regulations, etc. etc. And this is also true with this game, never do I remember a time when the community had any say in who becomes a member of the staff team, what members become demoted or terminated, what members become promoted, etc.

So this all being said, I don't particularly understand why anyone is surprised the community doesn't have a say in these matters. We never have, and to be frank a community of any game rarely does. (Sometimes it happens, but it can be rare, and it doesn't happen here). A community is a group of people coming together to enjoy a commonality. Being part of a community doesn't entitle anyone to have any say in any major decisions in how the basis and root of the community is run. We're all here to enjoy the product that has been provided, that's why we came.

If there was a time when the development team and staff team intended for the community to have a complete say in every little thing regarding the game, and that is truly what the "My" in "MyVMK" was supposed to mean, I have never seen it. It's been my experience from the get go that occasionally we could vote on some aspects of the game and turn in suggestions about items, and features, but we've never had a say in the staff team itself, or the rules & regulations of the game.

As for staff members abusing their power and being terminated, demoted, but others promoted, that's really old news by now. I can't think of anything else to say on that account that hasn't been said 100 times already. Our opinions on that matter have never made a difference, I don't particularly see why it would now. :question:[DOUBLEPOST=1430917065][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with mushroom, lost, and guitar run the game right is it that hard
Well to be honest, the sense of how something should be run is very relative. Everyone in this world think's their way of doing something is the "right" way, and in that thinking there arises the conflict. Whether something is being done right will always be subject to difference of opinion because everyone has different visions for how something should be done. It's very difficult to incorporate over 6,000 members needs, and opinions in to one thing. Sometimes we try to fit it all in with a healthy medium but somewhere, somehow someone's idea was slighted. It boils down to not being able to please everyone all the time really.

Last edited:

Lost

It boils down to not being able to please everyone all the time really.
There is a difference in not being able to please everyone and having everyone extremely upset though.

EDIT: If this were a company in the real world and so many customers were so upset over things and wanted them to step down then from a public relations stance, they usually do.

Politicians are a good example of having stepped down after public outcry.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
There is a difference in not being able to please everyone and having everyone extremely upset though.
But that's how it is and that's how it's always been. When you have this mass amount of people that all want different thing's, there's going to be some that are upset if thing's don't go the way they think they should, some that won't care either way and just abstain from it all, and some that disagree with those that are upset. You can try and meet everyone in the middle until you break your back trying, but someone or more than someone is always going to feel slighted and like their say doesn't matter. Know what I mean?

Wonder

But that's how it is and that's how it's always been. When you have this mass amount of people that all want different thing's, there's going to be some that are upset if thing's don't go the way they think they should, some that won't care either way and just abstain from it all, and some that disagree with those that are upset. You can try and meet everyone in the middle until you break your back trying, but someone or more than someone is always going to feel slighted and like their say doesn't matter. Know what I mean?
but they haven't tried... at all... literally

Lost

I understand what you mean. I know this sort of thing has been prevalent in the past but after everything said and the reactions of many of the players, you would hope things would be different this time.

I don't remember another time in the past of the game where 6 staff members stepped down and many players either are leaving or considering leaving the game over some of the staff.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
but they haven't tried... at all... literally
To be fair I've seen a few instances since the beginning where they have tried, perhaps not in the best ways they could have, or in the ways many wanted them to, but they have tried in some ways to incorporate the community in the game through various contests, polls, various features such as crates, rewards on games or rides, double credits, creating items people want. Etc. Like I said they may not have done it with a pretty bow on top and as well as they probably could have, but I've seen some effort over the time this game has been opened.[DOUBLEPOST=1430917831][/DOUBLEPOST]
I understand what you mean. I know this sort of thing has been prevalent in the past but after everything said and the reactions of many of the players, you would hope things would be different.

I don't remember another time in the past of the game where 6 staff members stepped down and many players either are leaving or considering leaving the game over some of the staff.
That's true, I don't remember that ever happening either, so this is a very different situation in a very different time of this game. It really just depends on how seriously people here take their stances. I've seen in the past people "take a stand" but yet not actually take a stand and still continue on. If you don't even take your own words seriously, why would they? If people really feel strongly about this, then we'll see what everyone does about it I suppose.

Lost

If people really feel strongly about this, then we'll see what everyone does about it I suppose.
Well people are quitting/ taking a break over it. This subject has been non stop on the forums over the past few days. Ex-staff keep releasing more and more information.

It isn't stopping yet, I hope it keeps it's momentum but sadly I believe it will all die out soon enough and staff will continue on like nothing happened.[DOUBLEPOST=1430917967][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a lil insulting the fact that they haven't said anything after all this tbh, it seems like they're just trying to ignore this until it goes away
Yup. That's what I think too.

Apparently real world trading is allowed but sharing personal info like a kik name isn't *shrugs*
Before I start I just want to say that I have agreed with everything you've said and you have brought up some points that I have not even thought about. Thank you for sharing your side and bringing some injust incidents to light.
I and many other I know appreciate it.

I'm only assuming(but if I am wrong, I do apologize)--I don't agree with sharing someone else's personal info(such as full names, workplaces, etc.) since they have no purpose when it comes to resolving this situation. It's literally a person's life, not something fun to share with others. I've seen some do it in-game, and thought about how invasive it was to do so. I disagree with Kali as well, but sharing their personal info is taking it a little too far...

Once again, just an assumption from what I've seen going on. I apologize if I assumed wrong.

ANYWAYS much lov to u and all u've said in the previous days

Lost

Before I start I just want to say that I have agreed with everything you've said and you have brought up some points that I have not even thought about. Thank you for sharing your side and bringing some injust incidents to light.
I and many other I know appreciate it.

I'm only assuming(but if I am wrong, I do apologize)--I don't agree with sharing someone else's personal info(such as full names, workplaces, etc.) since they have no purpose when it comes to resolving this situation. It's literally a person's life, not something fun to share with others. I've seen some do it in-game, and thought about how invasive it was to do so. I disagree with Kali as well, but sharing their personal info is taking it a little too far...

Once again, just an assumption from what I've seen going on. I apologize if I assumed wrong.

ANYWAYS much lov to u and all u've said in the previous days
Thanks.

My post was about a certain players ban, not about releasing personal information about staff members. The post I was replying to got deleted for ban discussion but my post was about people getting banned for releasing their own kik's in-game, not staff members.

I really hope that they're trying to work things out behind the scenes, but I fear that I'm wrong. I hope it's not a "let's ride this out, they'll get over it" kind of thing. This is ridiculous and will not just be forgotten with time. You can't hold out on us forever ( : You could be losing a big chunk of this "community" if things don't get better.

exactly, if nothing is done about it i'm not going to want to log onto the game knowing that the staff wants nothing to do with us and are unable to apologize/address the situation and work this out like adults do. but i forgot, we complain about everything so they don't want to bother. well, we're going to complain even more if we pretend nothing ever happened.[DOUBLEPOST=1430919927][/DOUBLEPOST] OMG THAT GIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.