Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted everyone to know that I love all of you, both staff and players alike. You each bring a unique quality to the game that cannot be replaced. I cannot comment on the current situation with staff because even though I have seen the tumbler postings, I wasn't there to see for myself if these words were exchanged. Now before anyone takes what I said the wrong way, I am in no way, shape, or form saying that it didn't happen; I am simply saying I wasn't there to see it for myself.

I myself have never had any problems with any of the staff members at all. I have attended a few of the pop up events myself, granted yes they did take place towards the late hours but they weren't really secretive considering anyone could join just by clicking join on the popular guest room section. In the original game staff did have pop up events as well. Some were held in a room while others were held in a public room. I even remember staff taking over a player's room and turning it into an event.

My main beef is that some have been talking about lack of privacy by way of personal information being released. I am not just talking about real life names, I am also referring to other names that people go by on other entertainment and gaming sites. By posting someone's information that is not related to the game that you are playing in my opinion is creepy. It's pretty much close to finding out where they live and sitting on their front porch waiting for them. What people do in their off time is no one's business but their own.

I hope we all can move past this and reflect on the good times I am sure we've all had.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I just wanted everyone to know that I love all of you, both staff and players alike. You each bring a unique quality to the game that cannot be replaced. I cannot comment on the current situation with staff because even though I have seen the tumbler postings, I wasn't there to see for myself if these words were exchanged. Now before anyone takes what I said the wrong way, I am in no way, shape, or form saying that it didn't happen; I am simply saying I wasn't there to see it for myself.

I myself have never had any problems with any of the staff members at all. I have attended a few of the pop up events myself, granted yes they did take place towards the late hours but they weren't really secretive considering anyone could join just by clicking join on the popular guest room section. In the original game staff did have pop up events as well. Some were held in a room while others were held in a public room. I even remember staff taking over a player's room and turning it into an event.

My main beef is that some have been talking about lack of privacy by way of personal information being released. I am not just talking about real life names, I am also referring to other names that people go by on other entertainment and gaming sites. By posting someone's information that is not related to the game that you are playing in my opinion is creepy. It's pretty much close to finding out where they live and sitting on their front porch waiting for them. What people do in their off time is no one's business but their own.

I hope we all can move past this and reflect on the good times I am sure we've all had.

Just because you have only had nice experiences with some of the staff members doesn't mean they're angels. We're not accusing them over speculation, we're accusing them over hard evidence. Just because you didn't see the crime happen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Guitar

It's unfortunate and probably true that our opinions mean nothing to you. However, we are the community / your customers even if it's all free and as such, our opinions should have some bearing on this whole situation.
We're not going to sit back and not say the things that need to be said. We're not going to give up. Many people love this game and don't like what's going on with it. We want change. After all, customers are always right.

In an application such as MyVMK, all the technical staff really should get along. What's the point? It's not right that @Amy is being manipulated in such a negative way.

It's normal for people to have conflict in their lives. In their relationships with others, family, friends and in the work place. After there is conflict then, everyone should work towards resolving their differences and have a resolution to make everything better.

Last edited:
No jokes, only love for everyone :)I never said it didn't happen, only that I was not there to witness it myself, for which I have stated.

Just because you have only had nice experiences with some of the staff members doesn't mean they're angels. We're not accusing them over speculation, we're accusing them over hard evidence. Just because you didn't see the crime happen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Aren't there qualities that your friends have brought to the game that you've enjoyed? Like the ability to joke around and play pirates or other games with each other so late at night that when you're done you realize you have to be up in a few hours?. That's the kind of quality I am referring to. The ability to be silly and not care. I am sorry that you thought I was referring to name calling as being a unique quality.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Aren't there qualities that your friends have brought to the game that you've enjoyed? Like the ability to joke around and play pirates or other games with each other so late at night that when you're done you realize you have to be up in a few hours?. That's the kind of quality I am referring to. The ability to be silly and not care. I am sorry that you thought I was referring to name calling as being a unique quality.
Right. I understand what you're saying and nobody is denying that people have nice qualities. But right now, while all this not so nice information on the new admins is present, we need to focus on their negative qualities and make sure that justice and apologies are in order.

Right. I understand what you're saying and nobody is denying that people have nice qualities. But right now, while all this not so nice information on the new admins is present, we need to focus on their negative qualities and make sure that justice and apologies are in order.
I understand where you're coming from too as well. But how is negativity going to combat negativity? By people posting info not related to the game like real names and other names it's only going to promote more negativity and breed it into other areas abd forms. My only suggestion is there be a type of town hall meeting where both players and staff can address concerns.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I understand where you're coming from too as well. But how is negativity going to combat negativity? By people posting info not related to the game like real names and other names it's only going to promote more negativity and breed it into other areas abd forms. My only suggestion is there be a type of town hall meeting where both players and staff can address concerns.
Who is posting real names?

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I'm honestly starting to trust those tumblr blogs more than the actual staff at the moment. Cricket definitely deserves her side of the story heard, because it's being twisted, and "another" staff member has been doing much worse things than she has done. Cricket actually didn't do anything bad at all. Cricket has received such unfair treatment. This game will crash and burn if we let "that" staff member continue to spread their venom. Their immature and terrible acts shouldn't be ignored, but I see it has. Making half the staff quit because of how they have treated the rest of the staff. How atrocious. And this entire situation is so shady. No staff member who's made other staff quit should be promoted like this. No staff member who has blatantly abused their powers with secret events for their friends and giving out rare items without permission should get away with it. This is utterly ridiculous and atrocious.

Last edited:

Lost

Judging by the fact that none of the admins have said anything on this and that fact that one of them posted that applications for new staff is going up soon here on the forums whilst ignoring this means they are probably staying on the team and it's unlikely any apologies or truths will be told.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I'm honestly starting to trust those tumblr blogs more than the actual staff at the moment. Cricket definitely deserves her side of the story heard, because it's being twisted, and "another" staff member has been doing much worse things than she has done. Cricket actually didn't do anything bad at all. Cricket has received such unfair treatment. This game will crash and burn if we let "that" staff member continue to spread their venom. Their immature and terrible acts shouldn't be ignored, but I see it has. Making half the staff quit because of how they have treated the rest of the staff. How atrocious. And this entire situation is so shady. No staff member who's made other staff quit should be promoted like this. No staff member who has blatantly abused their powers with secret events for their friends and giving out rare items without permission should get away with it. This is utterly ridiculous and atrocious.
i agree w this statement 150%. after reading the blogs i've gained so much respect for people like cricket, jasmine, maui, nemo, tink, etc...props to you for keeping it together during this time that i'm sure is extremely difficult for ya'll. i would go crazy if this happened to me and the FREE time i dedicated to this game was trashed.

@Kali @Absolem

Status
Not open for further replies.