Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodus

I don't feel like I am a sick person for wanting it re-named.

I respect everyone who wants it deleted and really like the idea of the majority getting to vote for what we do. Part of me still holds on to the community coming together as a whole to make someones last days special. I understand now that it was all a lie, but we did not know that at the time and we were all so kind to each other and really pulled together. I guess in the end if we all come together as a community and delete the pin....

Sorry I am still just confused and upset. I am just sad about the situation but I think it would be a lot easier if I was mad about it.

I am happy to stand behind what the majority decides.
As someone who received the penny and has witnessed how upset and gullible my friends who have received it now feel, we all no longer are able to associate the good that was once attached to it as it was done on top of deceit. The fact that this perpetrator has the ability to watch all of this unfold from a distance or is possibly still a member under a different name is disgusting enough. I personally don't ever want to associate with them ever again. I don't want to see any gain made out of this situation which includes keeping or altering the penny. As others have mentioned, there are numerous other ways to spread happiness, this was a sick and twisted way that involved toying with the emotions of the innocent.

Apparently A_Pirateslife was told the impersonator was at the memorial for skye on their real account? That's completely awful. Their IP address needs to be permanently banned so they never do anything like this again. Not to mention how they're probably basking in lols and attention right now. They need to be banned and the penny should be removed. Who cares if they represent a time the community came together? The community shouldn't have needed to come together if not for being ripped apart at the beginning of the month. This whole this is extremely sketchy if you sit back and think about from the time it started until now. That's all I'm going to say.
Unfortunately tracking and banning the ip won't do much good. You can reset ur ip.

I was an advocate for changing the name but after everyone's comments I'm having a change of heart. We shouldn't need an in game item to remind us to come together. We SHOULD do that anyway.

I can't speak for all but I think by deleting it once and for all we can move on from this experience and...enjoy pirates month.

»»---//ARCHERESS//--->

mark

10 mins late to everything
i put rename it but if you think about, skye's the one that gave it out... just delete it, or think of a good plane

or actually just rename it to stay gold ponyboy

ka7ybug

@Absolem it's sellable so if people dont want it they can delete it. Then if the ones who keep it want a name change just decide on that. BUT if you're just going to delete it let us know BEFORE hand cause I'm gonna get the 5000 credits lol.

Rygo

It all started with a Mouse
Can we turn the pin into a magic pin that sparkles for 2 seconds and then it magically turns into a CATFISH?
The above idea is perfect! Maybe make it a one time use??
Though in all seriousness, joking about disease and death is just disgusting. Anybody who does that does not deserve to be remembered or even talked about this much. We are just furthering her "story" at this point. Delete the pin. Figure out SkyeViolets IP address and ban it for life.

Hello,

I am not sure if you have heard yet but I have begun a movement, the "MyVMK Integrity Movement". We currently have 14 members and we are quickly growing in numbers. We call ourselves the MIM Squad. Our mission is to better our community by promoting good behavior, generosity, following forum and in-game rules and an overall good nature. We allow ALL players to become a member and only exclude members who hurt another player or the community in some way. We believe in second chances and encourage good behavior all around. We would like to put an end to all the drama that has been going on and increase our numbers considerably as we grow and develop. We have a suggestion with what you could do with the pins. We would like to have the pins renamed "MIM Squad." I (President of the MIM Squad) and JenJaws (Vice President) could be given a large supply of pins to distribute to players who wish to join our squad. If we run out of pins, perhaps we could request more from you. To make our job of managing who are representing our movement efficiently, if anyone is banned from the game, they should automatically lose their pin in the process. As I said earlier, we support second chances and I believe players should be given the chance to redeem themselves. That is why an unlimited supply or having us message you for more pins would be a good idea especially since there are still new members signing up to play MyVMK. This is just a suggestion but we would absolutely love your support in our movement and I feel like the message we are trying to share is percisely what the staff should want to see in the community.

For anyone who hasn't heard of the MIM Squad or is interested in joining, here is a link to our forums site. We would be happy to have ANYONE join our squad! Also, keep in mind that joining means you will have the opportunity to run community events and vote on social and other issues. This is player run for the people by the people. We look forward to getting to know each and every one of you!

MIM Squad Forums
http://s15.zetaboards.com/MIM_Squad/index/
i feel like giving your squad a pin (which now has a negative connotation) is just going to cause a bunch of drama tbh

Well whether or not the story was true, I really do like the pin's design regardless. How about just renaming it to VMK Penny? I approve of it being able to be sold if anyone just wants to just get rid of it. Either way, I don't mind what happens in result. Whatever the community wants. In the end, it's just a lesson to not be so quick to believe such stories or anyone for that matter online. I was unsure about whether or not to believe it myself, but either way I do see how - wow, of course we're capable of being kind and positive within reason. It's almost always a choice in attitude to hold, no matter the issues at hand to be resolved or people involved. I personally don't hold anything against anyone who may disagree in whatever way they may do so. I just hear them out. It makes life a whole lot easier, and by the way I thank Abs for quickly stepping forward and addressing this issue with us. So that's a step forward :thumbsup:

i don't think a poll was even needed for this decision. it should be removed. now that we're learning all of the details to this situation, it's pretty clear whoever posed as Skye is a sick puppy and doesn't deserve any type of recognition in the game.
Hello,

I am not sure if you have heard yet but I have begun a movement, the "MyVMK Integrity Movement". We currently have 14 members and we are quickly growing in numbers. We call ourselves the MIM Squad. Our mission is to better our community by promoting good behavior, generosity, following forum and in-game rules and an overall good nature. We allow ALL players to become a member and only exclude members who hurt another player or the community in some way. We believe in second chances and encourage good behavior all around. We would like to put an end to all the drama that has been going on and increase our numbers considerably as we grow and develop. We have a suggestion with what you could do with the pins. We would like to have the pins renamed "MIM Squad." I (President of the MIM Squad) and JenJaws (Vice President) could be given a large supply of pins to distribute to players who wish to join our squad. If we run out of pins, perhaps we could request more from you. To make our job of managing who are representing our movement efficiently, if anyone is banned from the game, they should automatically lose their pin in the process. As I said earlier, we support second chances and I believe players should be given the chance to redeem themselves. That is why an unlimited supply or having us message you for more pins would be a good idea especially since there are still new members signing up to play MyVMK. This is just a suggestion but we would absolutely love your support in our movement and I feel like the message we are trying to share is percisely what the staff should want to see in the community.

For anyone who hasn't heard of the MIM Squad or is interested in joining, here is a link to our forums site. We would be happy to have ANYONE join our squad! Also, keep in mind that joining means you will have the opportunity to run community events and vote on social and other issues. This is player run for the people by the people. We look forward to getting to know each and every one of you!

MIM Squad Forums
for someone pushing this in hopes of having a "good community", why would you even mention excluding specific people? even if someone acts up at one point, gets banned, you think excluding them is going to help their situation or yours? what kind of movement is this?
also, to say you deserve an item to give people that you deemed "worthy"? Skye was giving out pixels to basically anyone and everyone she spoke to. that's how this entire "lucky penny" thing came about. they thought this girl was dying, they wanted to make her last days special. you're literally just asking for a special item to give to your special friends. no thank you.

Last edited:

Guitar

I feel so sick that this is still going to be in game even though, it's sellable. Some people won't want to get rid of it. That's another sickening thought. Making a profit off of this is so wrong! Please remove it from game. Delete it. Do not rename it.

Zelena

I honestly don't care what you do with the lucky penny pin. I got my lucky penny for being a plain jane nice person. I saw her in the emporium on her first day, gave her a few free items, and told her the best and most profitable ways to earn credits. She was forever thankful and I got her lucky penny because of that. I wasn't brought together by anyone from this situation. I was treated the same by players as I had always been, ignored. So again i could care less what happens with the penny.

Hello,

MIM Squad Forums
No special pins were given to tron and vampire armies, so I believe giving pins to a group of people that believe themselves to be saving the game and creating an unnecessary pedestal of higher morality is inapporpriate.

Disclaimer: I do not care to be argued with so don't bother justification with me.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
i don't think a poll was even needed for this decision. it should be removed. now that we're learning all of the details to this situation, it's pretty clear whoever posed as Skye is a sick puppy and doesn't deserve any type of recognition in the game.

for someone pushing this in hopes of having a "good community", why would you even mention excluding specific people? even if someone acts up at one point, gets banned, you think excluding them is going to help their situation or yours? what kind of movement is this?
also, to say you deserve an item to give people that you deemed "worthy"? Skye was giving out pixels to basically anyone and everyone she spoke to. that's how this entire "lucky penny" thing came about. they thought this girl was dying, they wanted to make her last days special. you're literally just asking for a special item to give to your special friends. no thank you.
I don't think the pin should be in the game at all, however I really don't understand why you had to lash out like that. She never said anything about deeming anyone "worthy" or not. She did say anyone could be a part of the movement, and anyone was in capital letters for emphasis. I don't know what you mean by special friends because I've never actually met her or anyone else in the group for that matter until now. I just don't understand why people keep trying to put words in our mouths to turn us on our heads. Please don't go around bashing new ideas you're not willing to try. We're just trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.