Just curious ???

tiggerholic

Just wondering why the ability to search for the Host events was removed. Is it a control issue? Did it give an unfair advantage? Please to explain ;)

tiggerholic

It has nothing to do with anything mentioned. Staff were unable to remember to close/lock their game rooms, someone exploited it, and so admins finally said that instead of reprimanding their staff for not following their policies, they'd punish the players instead.
Seriously ?? I don't think ANY of us are 2 years old and need to be treated as such O.o

tiggerholic

[content removed]

In real life, this would be like the government trying to cover something up by arresting citizens. That's worked so well for them before.
Le Sigh .......... just le sigh :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinglaser

Since it's been removed how are we supposed to get into host events fast?
Keep opening, closing, and reopening the guest room list until it shows up. Thats the way I have always done it, and it works quite well.

I know I accidentally clicked to enter the host room early, and I got in the room. BUT, I also got the big ole boot because it wasn't time for the event to start. That was an easy solution for a host mistake....just boot the player(s) and lock the room until it is time

I guess I am kind of confused, Primmy. They can lock their host game rooms and no one can enter, so why the change now? Makes no sense. As far as seeing new releases ahead of time, same thing, they can lock their rooms. It was just a nice feature in this game, AND old game, to be able to search for a host room before the event started
This is true, I am really bummed to see we can't search them, well Amy did say that she should really make so that you can't search staff....

By the time it is on the list, it usually already has a queue of at least 100 :( I need some new techniques on how to get into events quicker apparently lol.
The way I do it, I always see it when there are 10 or less people in the room and/or queue, and I usually get somewhere around 30-70 in line.

Amy

Head Administrator
I've made it (in a pending update, so it may or may not affect the next host event) so if a room is featured (has the mickey icon) it will be searchable. There's a 15 second lasting cache of the rooms in the main guest room list, which doesn't apply to searches, so if you search for it in the same way you did before, it should show up once the room is open... It's not the same, but I had to exclude staff rooms from searches ordinarily because some people found ways to abuse it. Ordinarily it wouldn't be a punish everyone for this thing, but in this case it creates quite a lot of work for the moderators to undo, so it's a necessary evil I'm afraid.