Unknown email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
The MyVMK team is aware of this email, as validated by a PM from Kevin.

Hi guys,

I was hoping one of you had an answer to this.

I just received this email

Did anyone else get this, or knows where this came from? I'm not exactly concerned, just confused.

Thanks, Kolya Venturi

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Jared is the name of one of the guys Grace brought in after they got rid of Amy, but I can't think of anything else.
Hm. The thing that confuses me the most is, how is he in possession of (presumably multiple) former VMK users current emails? And why send out the message from an unknown site (Uvora)?

Jasmine

Hm. The thing that confuses me the most is, how is he in possession of (presumably multiple) former VMK users current emails? And why send out the message from an unknown site (Uvora)?
Uvora was a game he was working on.
I have no idea how we would have gotten your email though.

i've seen two people in the tag on tumblr say they just found out that "vmk was back" and one mentioned they got an email. so thats pretty sketchy tbh.

Jasmine

That's where I'm most stumped and frankly a little worried..
I know he's been a supporter of MyVMK, and it just seems like he wanted people to know about it. I understand your concern about him having your email...

Were you ever on any of his forums or signed up for Uvora or VMKU? That's all I can think of...

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I know he's been a supporter of MyVMK, and it just seems like he wanted people to know about it. I understand your concern about him having your email...

Were you ever on any of his forums or signed up for Uvora or VMKU? That's all I can think of...
Never once was I singed up for Uvora, or VMKU. The only place I can think he would have gotten our emails from is off the OVMK forum database, which should have been secured, and I believe was deleted when the forum was taken down. If that is the case, that should be treated as a violation of security and privacy, and is downright weird. I don't plan on responding or clicking the link.

I talked with Kevin, and the MyVMK team is aware of the email. Hopefully some explanation will be out soon.

philitup

The Internet Champion!

Supporter!? From what I could understand he was a dirt bag to Nick and everyone else on OVMK.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Jared was a part of the oVMK staff towards its downfall, that's probably how he got your email.
Which is sufficiently creepy if that's the case. The databases for the forums/server should have been deleted when that project fell through.

Don't worry, it's nothing malicious.

Although Oatman is not part of MyVMK staff and has no connection with us, he wanted to promote the game and send the word out to former VMK members about MyVMK. He used a database from another website he was part of and sent emails out to those addresses. The email is safe, however, we have no connection to it.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Don't worry, it's nothing malicious.

Although Oatman is not part of MyVMK staff and has no connection with us, he wanted to promote the game and send the word out to former VMK members about MyVMK. He used a database from another website he was part of and sent emails out to those addresses. The email is safe, however, we have no connection to it.
I understand his intentions, but I still find the fact that he went and got our emails to be a little much.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I understand his intentions, but I still find the fact that he went and got our emails to be a little much.
Yeah, I don't understand him at all. He made VMKU, and it didn't work out. Some how he knew Grace, and was then a server host (a very rude one, at that). And them he sends emails to random people like we're all cool... No, we aren't all cool.

Okay, now I just got an email from him, and I've never signed up for anything under that email address that's VMK related except for OVMK and MyVMK. (Not even the OVMK forums. I never signed up for that). What bugs me is that the email is from noreply@myvmk.com. I don't know what database of email addresses he's using, but if I'm on it, it's got to be the OVMK database.

Status
Not open for further replies.