80s Music Anyone?

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
I Love 80s music and probably could not live without it tbh!
What are your favorite 80s Artists?

I have like too many favs but here are some,
The Police, Journey, U2, b52s, Foreigner, The Cure, Duran Duran, Def Leppard, The Fixx, INXS, Tears for Fears, Simple Minds, Naked Eyes, Genesis, Madonna, Human League, Mr. Mister, Howard Jones, abc, fleetwood mac, Michael Jackson....

I like new wave and classic rock

Last edited:
dont judge me but i like asleep by the smiths!!!!
what is your signature rn rofl. i love it.

and tbh i'll occasionally listen to some of the hits from that time, usually from almost any genre, like songs that a lot of people know, but i don't venture into that kind of music too much. kmfdm was good in the 80's and KISS is still a great band, but as for the popular "pop/radio hits" and stuff like that, i don't really know. sometimes i can get into it though! the music back then seemed real catchy.

mark

10 mins late to everything
what is your signature rn rofl. i love it.

and tbh i'll occasionally listen to some of the hits from that time, usually from almost any genre, like songs that a lot of people know, but i don't venture into that kind of music too much. kmfdm was good in the 80's and KISS is still a great band, but as for the popular "pop/radio hits" and stuff like that, i don't really know. sometimes i can get into it though! the music back then seemed real catchy.
AHS: Coven :) best season

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Let's see ...( Some bands that I consider pioneers in a variety of musical fields …but in no particular order…. and I'm sure that I’m forgetting to mention some on here...lol)

U2, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, AC/DC, Van Halen, Metallica, ZZ Top, Motorhead, The Cure, Huey Lewis and the News ( Back to the future movie soundtrack is killer...admit it =) ), Black Sabbath,The Police, Ministry, Slayer, Chili Peppers, Judas Priest, Bauhaus, Iron Maiden, Laibach, Gary Numan, Primus, kmfdm,Type O Negative, Dio, Megadeth, Anthrax, Nine Inch Nails, Death, Pantera, White Zombie, Thrill Kill Kult, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Venom, Mayhem etc.

I guess some of those still have that “90’s feel” to me though..haha (probably the beginning of the 88-89 era stuff) ….and of course many others, more of that earlier 80’s feel to it. The 80's and 90's is responsible for a lot of really great music today, having entirely new branches (mixes of genre) within the past 15 years or so… (If you think about how far music has come since the late 19th/start of the 20th century with genres such as jazz, to what the world has now, it’s actually pretty amazing the leaps that have been made in such a short amount of time when you consider how long classical music “ruled” the world with all of it’s great composers.)

I don't really listen to anything pre-1997, but here are a few songs I absolutely LOVE from the 80's-ish:

Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
technically 1979... First music video on MTV. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it. I love it :dance:
Africa - Toto
It's gonna take a lot to drag me awayyyy from youuuuu... :note:
Beetlejuice: Main Titles/ End Titles - Danny Elfman
1990... Daylight come and he won't goooo.... *dissonance*:corner:
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Who hasn't heard this? Just go to a high school football game. :cheer:
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
:whee:<- my idea of fun

Last edited:
K

kittenmittens

forever wishing i grew up in the 80s..
a few of my favorite artists from that era would be black sabbath, ozzy's solo stuff, bathory, behemoth, motley crue, megadeth, alice cooper & many more i can't think of atm lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Megara

no sleep club
david bowie, guns n' roses, queen, the cure, billy idol, foreigner, black sabbath, aerosmith, bon jovi, fleetwood mac, def leppard, judas priest, metallica, the smiths, the rolling stones, zz top, joy division, styx, heart, ub40, red hot chili peppers

i'm probably forgetting a ton but i literally love anything 70s or 80s

(p.s. my favorite album is aqualung by jethro tull that came out in the 70s :swoon:)

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I don't really listen to anything pre-1997, but here are a few songs I absolutely LOVE from the 80's-ish:

Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
technically 1979... First music video on MTV. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it. I love it :dance:
Africa - Toto
It's gonna take a lot to drag me awayyyy from youuuuu... :note:
Beetlejuice: Main Titles/ End Titles - Danny Elfman
1990... Daylight come and he won't goooo.... *dissonance*:corner:
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Who hasn't heard this? Just go to a high school football game. :cheer:
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
:whee:<- my idea of fun
Somebody had to mention Beetlejuice…\m/

I remember watching that the first time, thinking what in the he……lol

The “Black Tarantula” expression he does towards the end(1:46) always cracked me up…CLASSIC

a few of my favorite artists from that era would be black sabbath, ozzy's solo stuff, bathory, behemoth, motley crue, megadeth, alice cooper & many more i can't think of atm lol

Dearie, Behemoth isn’t an 80’s era band. They didn’t even form till the 90’s (91 and demos weren't even around till ‘93 ish I believe)

I forgot to mention Bathory as an 80’s era musical influence for other bands though, thanks!

K

kittenmittens

Somebody had to mention Beetlejuice…\m/

I remember watching that the first time, thinking what in the he……lol

The “Black Tarantula” expression he does towards the end(1:46) always cracked me up…CLASSIC

Dearie, Behemoth isn’t an 80’s era band. They didn’t even form till the 90’s (91 and demos weren't even around till ‘93 ish I believe)

I forgot to mention Bathory as an 80’s era musical influence for other bands though, thanks!
my bad l0l

Let's see ...( Some bands that I consider pioneers in a variety of musical fields …but in no particular order…. and I'm sure that I’m forgetting to mention some on here...lol)

U2, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, AC/DC, Van Halen, Metallica, ZZ Top, Motorhead, The Cure, Huey Lewis and the News ( Back to the future movie soundtrack is killer...admit it =) ), Black Sabbath,The Police, Ministry, Slayer, Chili Peppers, Judas Priest, Bauhaus, Iron Maiden, Laibach, Gary Numan, Primus, kmfdm,Type O Negative, Dio, Megadeth, Anthrax, Nine Inch Nails, Death, Pantera, White Zombie, Thrill Kill Kult, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Venom, Mayhem etc.

I guess some of those still have that “90’s feel” to me though..haha (probably the beginning of the 88-89 era stuff) ….and of course many others, more of that earlier 80’s feel to it. The 80's and 90's is responsible for a lot of really great music today, having entirely new branches (mixes of genre) within the past 15 years or so… (If you think about how far music has come since the late 19th/start of the 20th century with genres such as jazz, to what the world has now, it’s actually pretty amazing the leaps that have been made in such a short amount of time when you consider how long classical music “ruled” the world with all of it’s great composers.)
KILLING MYSELF FOR FORGETTING NINE INCH NAILS. They're one of those bands that have always sounded more 90's, even their recent stuff sort of does, that's probably why I forgot to mention them. Dude, your music range is great.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
KILLING MYSELF FOR FORGETTING NINE INCH NAILS. They're one of those bands that have always sounded more 90's, even their recent stuff sort of does, that's probably why I forgot to mention them. Dude, your music range is great.
Thanks. Hmmm yeah lol, understandable since they were one of those late 80’s bands (‘88). Their great debut album came out in ‘89 “Pretty Hate Machine” so it’s kinda like that very “early 90s/late 80’s” introduction piece to their unique sound. Songs like Terrible Lie, Head like a Hole, Down in it are all classic staple NIN songs from that album and the late 80’s era of industrial in my opinion. Really, their prodigious success as a group didn’t come until The Downward Spiral (‘94) album (my second fav) and The Fragile(‘99).

Another industrial group you mentioned in your post, KMFDM, believe it or not, I didn’t even know about until the mid-90’s when I had bought the soundtrack to the film “Mortal Kombat” on tape lol. Then, later on I had went back to this record store and bought the album called “What Do You Know, Deutschland”. I know they had an even earlier debut album called hmmm “opium”(?) or something like that I believe but I was never able to find a copy of it. KMFDM is one of those bands that has always had a sort of a sui generis approach to music I think. Goes to show ya, it's never "too late" to get into any band or a composer =) \m/ lol

VampireBoy

Dude the 80s was where it was at I love 80s music and honestly without music from that era we wouldn't have all the awesome music we have today especially the awesome pop songs we have today but still I love the music from this time and I will always love it and you listed some great artists from the 80s by the way.

Guitar

I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again... I want to build a time machine to go back to the 80s. Haha :D

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again... I want to build a time machine to go back to the 80s. Haha :D
Take me with you!!!! How awesome would it be to see all these bands in the 80s I would die happy if I saw Journey and U2 in concert in the 80s!!!!!!

The concert that Journey Used for this Music video my dad was at it!!!!! I was like so jealous because Raised on Radio is my favorite journey album and if only i could have saw it live at this concert my life would be complete!! He has an old shirt from the concert and he gave it to me!! I wore the shirt when I saw Journey in concert last year!!

Last edited:
Thanks. Hmmm yeah lol, understandable since they were one of those late 80’s bands (‘88). Their great debut album came out in ‘89 “Pretty Hate Machine” so it’s kinda like that very “early 90s/late 80’s” introduction piece to their unique sound. Songs like Terrible Lie, Head like a Hole, Down in it are all classic staple NIN songs from that album and the late 80’s era of industrial in my opinion. Really, their prodigious success as a group didn’t come until The Downward Spiral (‘94) album (my second fav) and The Fragile(‘99).

Another industrial group you mentioned in your post, KMFDM, believe it or not, I didn’t even know about until the mid-90’s when I had bought the soundtrack to the film “Mortal Kombat” on tape lol. Then, later on I had went back to this record store and bought the album called “What Do You Know, Deutschland”. I know they had an even earlier debut album called hmmm “opium”(?) or something like that I believe but I was never able to find a copy of it. KMFDM is one of those bands that has always had a sort of a sui generis approach to music I think. Goes to show ya, it's never "too late" to get into any band or a composer =) \m/ lol
Yeah dude, Down In It and The Only Time, songs like that had a nice 90's vibe to 'em, and they were real good! The Downward Spiral was the first album I heard of theirs, not surprising I guess, but when I started hearing their other songs I couldn't really determine what their new stuff was and what their old stuff was until I looked into it. They were always able to instill that "90's sound" into their music, it's hard for me to remember that they've been around even before that album. But as for KMFDM, I haven't known them for too long! I'd say 5 years or less actually. I found NIN through Marilyn Manson in high school and after I found NIN I got into stuff like KMFDM and Pitchshifter. I got into them real fast though, they have some catchy songs. Every one sounds completely different but you can always tell it's them, they're real cool. If you know of any other industrial bands let me know! I've been trying to find good ones but I keep getting redirected to Rammstein, which isn't really my style.