A new MyVMK fan page?

Would you be interested in having a third-party MyVMK website created?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

Carter

The Queen of VMK
I'm a web-designer and have been considering for quite some time making a third-party MyVMK "social media" page. Players can go to it and make an account based on their in-game MyVMK player. Just a way for players to connect more with each other. Similar to these forums but a bit easier to use. Easier also means it won't have all the same awesome features simply because it won't be a forum. It'll just be a page for people to share stuff and talk to each other.

My reasoning for doing this is because when Original VMK was around, I feel like we all communicated a bit more than now. That may be because there aren't as many people who have discovered this new remake yet or simply because we're all older. Who knows. But I personally made a lot of friends back then and have been on MyVMK for almost 6 months now and haven't created one real friendship.

Before I put more thought into this though, I wanted to take a poll to get an idea of how you guys would feel about something like this. I will obviously give more details about what this site will consist of but before getting into that, I wanted to see if the MyVMK community was even interested in the idea.

If so, I'll be posting another thread with the details and thoughts I've put into it. That will also be where I want to hear YOUR thoughts and things we should add and things you'd like to see be done.

I have loved VMK since I was a kid and all of my intentions are genuine. I just want that to be 100% clear.

Leave some feedback below (:

--MOD SNIP: Removed bits on shoutbox.

Zak

Honestly I would only want an official one or none at all. There are plenty of other resources available to communicate via social media. This would be just one more to add to the ever growing pile. Also not as many people would participate in a third party one vs one run by the actual game.

Jerimiah

I think the only way another website would work is if it's just a live chat like a shoutbox and not much else. Everything else people would want can already be found on here.

Andrew

If they decide to never bring the shoutbox back (which I am pretty sure is the case) ever again I support this idea 100%.

CandyCars

Well, I have help run different fan sites ( non official ) for other games, and the problem is they get forgotten. :( Although, a different place to have something like the SB, but not on forums would be nice. :)

I'll reiterate what has been said multiple times, such a third party site that cannot be moderated and will inevitably end up not being G-rated cannot be advertised on these forums.