Account Expirations

Would you like to see this enforced in MyVMK?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most polls on online games wont be passed unless they are at around 70-80% yes. Taking Runescape for example they wont make any changes to the game unless their polls are 75% yes because thats a high enough number of the community to get enough value from the change and usually if over 75% say yes, its a change that most of the community want. If that poll reaches 75% yes then il lay my hands down and say sure then I guess we need the change. But Id bet my entire inventory on it that there would never be enough yes votes without every yes voter making a tonn of clones.

I just don't honestly think this is a big enough issue to ever get 75% really. Like I said, I doubt it would ever happen but it's just something to discuss.

I honestly think rereleasing rares would just end the game because too many people would quit and there would be no fixing it. People who have quit in the past quit because they have no interest in the game and better things to do, ultras being cheaper isnt going to bring them back. But it is going to annoy those who do have a lot of ultras and lose a lot of wealth from it.

Again, everyone quits for different reasons. Some quit because they get bored and some quit because they're tired of endlessly searching for rares. It's all different. And I know rereleasing extinct rares may make some quit, yes. And no, rereleasing won't guarantee anyone's return either. So honestly it's hardly worth the work it would be.

Last edited:
LOL Runescape imagine if they rereleased the party hats there
This is exactly how i was explaining this issue to my boyfriend earlier(hes an obsessive rs player). Man i had a party hat years ago when they were the equivalent of around $800, i got scammed for it and now theyre worth $3000+. Ultra rares rise and will always rise. Its how the economy works. If they rereleased party hats on runescape people would lose hundreds of thousands of $$$ worth of item value.[DOUBLEPOST=1501992852][/DOUBLEPOST]
Again, everyone quits for different reasons. Some quit because they get bored and some quit because they're tired of endlessly searching for rares. It's all different. And I know rereleasing extinct rares may make some quit, yes. And no, rereleasing won't guarantee anyone's return either. So honestly it's hardly worth the work it would be.
Are you telling me the difference between someone enjoying and playing the game everyday and someone quitting is wearing a black hat on their head(or other ultra)? What do they do when they got the rare they wanted? Endlessly search for another? People want what they dont have and its that chase for items that actually keeps people playing. If we could all have what we wanted everyone would be bored.

Are you telling me the difference between someone enjoying and playing the game everyday and someone quitting is wearing a black hat on their head(or other ultra)? What do they do when they got the rare they wanted? Endlessly search for another? People want what they dont have and its that chase for items that actually keeps people playing. If we could all have what we wanted everyone would be bored.
I don't think you're catching what I'm saying... This game, aside from the social aspect, is getting the new items every month. Some people don't go for that. No matter how rare or how common you just go from saving and searching from one rare to saving and searching for another and no that isn't for everyone. Many people rejoined this game thinking it's the same as the original but with a smaller player base it's less social and more gathering for some people and yes they do quit for that reason.

Megara

no sleep club
Clearly by the poll it is not favourable by all, and is actually not wanted by more players than those who do want it.[DOUBLEPOST=1501990181][/DOUBLEPOST]The loss of players is due to the fact that we as a community are getting older every day. We are not children anymore and our lives for most, become increasingly busier. This game also doesnt get busy until the evening due to most of us having lives to lead and work to do. That means that the only minigames we can play are jungle cruise and fireworks, (as there is no one online during the day) which are quite boring in my opinion. The only thing players can do on this game is essentially talk to other people, collect a few items and play some rather dull minigames. Its essentially a 3d chatroom. For the most part this is nostalgia for most of us and it wears off, people get bored and find other things to do in life. Having a couple ultras would not change that.
I actually 100% agree, and I totally agree with your last sentence there. I have everything I could want in the game - I have no interest in trading or racking up money to attain anything else. So having ultras / rares / etc. definitely isn't what's keeping me. I used to love going on VMK / MyVMK and seeing how populated it was, guest rooms filled up, I had a ton of fun visiting rooms and seeing the game active. Now I go on maybe once every couple days to see how many people are in guest rooms, and if there's just 1 or 2 people hanging out in a guest room, I just get off.

The only instance of this I agree to is someone getting PERMABANNED, cause there is no way they will ever come back because they must've done something so bad to warrant the permaban in the first place, and as punishment they have been forbidden from returning to the Kingdom that is Virtually Magic. So as part of the punishment they've lost all rights to whatever they had so only in that instance would be a storage war as mentioned earlier lmao.

Other than that players go on hiatuses but 2 years is too small a gap for this.Reading up there is school and irl scenarios which could occupy the "Two year window" if there were one. Assuming vmk is even still around it should be bigger window assuming that this is what people actually want to do. Rares are not the only reason people play it's the people, without people there is no community and there is no game. Unlike irl where running around and having a theme park all to yourself seems like a dream in this theme park that's a common occurrence and that's not so cool. Collecting rares is only an incentive to play like "Imma play 100+ games of potc to save up money for that rare I want" not "I only play to search for one item in particular that just so happens to be stuck in some guy's inventory and since I want it the admins should take it from him and give it to me instead". I voted No in the poll but I'm more like a mix of both cause I see where both sides are coming from like wanting to get the older stuff but not being able to is frustrating yes but there is always opportunity to collect new stuff and barter with that. The world of stock markets is a wonderful thing, sometimes there are items in such a high demand and then the next minute nobody wants it. I remember easter when I solely only wanted them sweet Heihei eggs and people were selling them for 50k an egg (Or chicken) but then a month later they dropped to like 20k. At first it was like "Omg I don't have this beautiful creature and I need it" but the circulation of Heihei grew and eventually they went from "Ultra Rare" to "Uncommon-Rare" and dropped in virtual value but they held value for me. Having items on your wishlist is just something to strive for cause you like the item itself not cause "Everyone else wants it".

But in the end this is all just a discussion and probably not going to happen since it's never been brought up till now.

-quits in spite of certain things and keeps my black flip- not much in circulation anyway. soo...

But really the game is alright, I don't come on for social anymore cause the social aspect is dying out. I can contact anyone on here if I can or outside the game. It's dying off slowly and I always come back for maybe 1 certain item (whether that be in the chest or sits or a new "weekly"/"bi-weekly" release) and once I get that item I'm gone again. This is all just from my perspective and views. So I don't even think I was playing in july, cause I didnt like the items, then I went on a trip and found out pods were around the kingdom. Didn't even care about those until I heard about the aloha hat. So now I'm working my butt off for it (no success) and once the pods are gone and I'm done opening what I have, I'm gone again until something exciting comes out. I don't think I'm going to waste my time tryna earn credits for it cause well yea a waste of time. In recent matters I only remember coming on for the(rare items).... b&tb rose pin, mickey red rose, and ariel date night pin, also my trading thread, and some date night quests. Only times I ever got on and didn't last long. So, what's my point? People do only come on and get right back off because they finally got an item they wanted. I don't know who is looking for a black skull flip but 1. I know I'm not gonna trade it off (again) any time soon and 2. There's not much in circulation because a. they're extremely hard to get IMO and b. they're so over priced. Like mmm sorry-but-not-sorry-gonna-wish-you-luck-cause-i-didn't-come-up-with-the-value-but-imma-roll-with-it, ya know? I traded all my hard earned good stuff for it and even then I don't want to look for that stuff back. It's too much and not worth staring at the screen for hours farming credits. But to each of their own.

There doesn't have to be a in store re-release or host re-lease for some rares or crates, maybe do just a holiday raffle? Like with the new years one, that was so fun and there was some circulation going I believe.

I have everything I could want in the game - I have no interest in trading or racking up money to attain anything else. So having ultras / rares / etc. definitely isn't what's keeping me. I used to love going on VMK / MyVMK and seeing how populated it was, guest rooms filled up, I had a ton of fun visiting rooms and seeing the game active. Now I go on maybe once every couple days to see how many people are in guest rooms, and if there's just 1 or 2 people hanging out in a guest room, I just get off.
Is this ever true! I love this game dearly. I've made tons of friends on here and just love the overall social aspect of the game. Do I care if I have Ultras or Rares, not one bit. Would I like a green or black flip, sure but I'm not going to obsess over it. If I ever get the chance to get one then I'll go for it. That, however, is not my goal in this game. Most of the time I'm wearing basic clothing because I like how it looks. I don't play this game for status. I'm not one of those people who flaunt around with Ultra rares and full magic pins like I'm king of the game. I buy and trade what I like. I play because there are legitimately amazing people who play this game. People who are fun to talk to and play games with. I play this game to get away from the monotonous life I live outside the game (School, Work, Bills, etc.) This game used to be packed and then you know what happened and it was like everyone suddenly left like the plague. It's been tough sledding since then. We've had a few moments where it seems like a rise in players but mainly that is for releases or special months (I.e. Valentines Month). These players get the release they want and POOF. Due to this inactivity I can honestly say I've taken more recess's than I thought I would. I mean how many games of Pirates or Jungle Cruise can one ultimately play before it gets boring. Sitting and riding the rides ain't no party either. Are they fun aspects to the game, OF COURSE, but they lose their value very quickly. I wish this game was more active. I miss the days of having a guest room filled to the max. Now it seems like I sit in my rooms and wait for ages for someone to visit or I enter another room and it's literally just the two of us. This isn't just the morning, it's at nighttime too. Due to my busy life, I don't want to be on at 10:30pm +, but that when it seems the busiest I suppose. So do I stay up and play or try again the next day and hope that more people are online. SIDE NOTE: I do see a ton of people in game, however (and this has been for years) many of these people do not engage in the social aspect of the game. They ride the rides or play a game here or there and never utter a word. Now I'm no social butterfly but I do say to everyone I meet. The least you could do is say Hi back. The more social we become of a community the more people would want to join. Re-releasing rares and ultra rares is really not going to do much for the game. People will log on get what they want and then leave. Sure the market is skewed in the game and it's sad that some people are hoarders but isn't that like any other online game. Name me a game that is completely fair and allows even distribution? I remember back when I used to play Neopets (oh god :amazed:) a game created for children, and that had a market that was beyond skewed. In fact the game itself was completely ludacris. You'd have to play for years just to get a decently painted pet if you were lucky. The point is this happens with all online games. It should never be that way but it happens. If your only goal in this game is to get a stitch hat then work towards that and have fun with it. Just don't act like Mr./Mrs. Supreme when you do so. We all in this together!

Now I'm not saying we should raffle off old members stuff, that's just something I couldn't stand behind, but I do think more warnings/emails should be sent out reminders players that they still have an account and that there are changes, new releases, etc. Maybe, just maybe, they will want to log back on and start playing again. Let's build up this community not tear it down. By re-releasing old members stuff we essentially are saying that we are bullies and steal from others. They earned it at some point, whether they play or not is their issue. I know if I somehow needed to take an extended break (2 years +) and then came back one day to see all my hard earned items gone, I'd be upset. Upset enough to raise my voice and tell people not to play this game. Should people log on occasionally, YES? Should we penalize them for not doing so, NO?

Last edited:

Rinoa

In a way I feel like I can agree with this, but in another I really don't. I took a long break from vmk due to family and life circumstances. I would only agree with this if the account was being perma banned or gave explicit permission terminate the account and distribute the items on it. Some issues I'd also like to press --- I would have never received the "warning" emails because I would have no idea what email it was that I used to begin with. I recently had to contact staff to get the email changed to my everyday email. If I came back and I wasn't able to log into the account I spent hours upon days gathering for and making rooms for and trading for -- I would be so mad and upset that i honestly would never play vmk again.