Addressing player behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine

Honey, I understand that you're frustrated, I really do, but the abrasive bold font and sardonic emoticon were unnecessary.

Tell me this: At the end of your response, you insinuate that you and other players were reported because there was some sort of "harassment". Who was reporting who exactly? That might clear up some issues. It couldn't possibly have been you because in your second sentence you asserted that you did not report anybody.
I completely agree.

Though I see where you're coming from, Kash, you do have to remember that it's just a game. I'm not saying that words can't hurt or that people shouldn't be punished for saying such things, but we choose to let ourselves get offended. Think logically, not emotionally. I was always told that I can't be offended by something that I know is not true.

So if what these people are saying isn't true, then why are you bothered by it? I also don't get why you said you wouldn't report them (but then again, I only skimmed the thread). :S Honestly, posting a thread like this makes you look attention-seeking, especially to whomever this is aimed at. You're only adding to the flames. I'd think if you truly wanted the situation resolved, as stated before, you would have gone about that in another manner (such as contacting Amy, Kevin, or Grizzly). It seems like this thread was meant to indirectly call out (and possibly get revenge on -- that's how you come across, at least) people who you have an issue with.

I'll agree that the community is in trouble. I think we've all pretty much known of bullying in game for months now. It's nothing to new. That doesn't make it right, but oh well. What can you do? You report the people, ignore them, and move on. The best revenge you can ever get on someone is to treat them nicely even if they treat you terribly. Never forget that. :)

Hopefully this won't happen to you again... and good luck!

Just my two cents.

So if what these people are saying isn't true, then why are you bothered by it? I also don't get why you said you wouldn't report them (but then again, I only skimmed the thread).
Um, ignoring it doesn't stop the problem and not everybody has the strength to ignore hurtful words. And might I say, hurtful words are still hurtful whether they're written or said verbally. And in most cases, reporting the said person causes more trouble when the said person receives the warning.

:S Honestly, posting a thread like this makes you look attention-seeking, especially to whomever this is aimed at. You're only adding to the flames. I'd think if you truly wanted the situation resolved, as stated before, you would have gone about that in another manner (such as contacting Amy, Kevin, or Grizzly). It seems like this thread was meant to indirectly call out (and possibly get revenge on -- that's how you come across, at least) people who you have an issue with.
I never got this impression at all. It didn't even come across my mind. I think when people look at this thread from your standpoint rather than the standpoint of trying to bring the issue to light so that people are more aware of this, it'd help more. Just my two cents.

I completely agree.

Though I see where you're coming from, Kash, you do have to remember that it's just a game. I'm not saying that words can't hurt or that people shouldn't be punished for saying such things, but we choose to let ourselves get offended. Think logically, not emotionally. I was always told that I can't be offended by something that I know is not true.

So if what these people are saying isn't true, then why are you bothered by it? I also don't get why you said you wouldn't report them (but then again, I only skimmed the thread). :S Honestly, posting a thread like this makes you look attention-seeking, especially to whomever this is aimed at. You're only adding to the flames. I'd think if you truly wanted the situation resolved, as stated before, you would have gone about that in another manner (such as contacting Amy, Kevin, or Grizzly). It seems like this thread was meant to indirectly call out (and possibly get revenge on -- that's how you come across, at least) people who you have an issue with.

I'll agree that the community is in trouble. I think we've all pretty much known of bullying in game for months now. It's nothing to new. That doesn't make it right, but oh well. What can you do? You report the people, ignore them, and move on. The best revenge you can ever get on someone is to treat them nicely even if they treat you terribly. Never forget that. :)

Hopefully this won't happen to you again... and good luck!

Just my two cents.
I know that this is a game. I am very aware of that. But just because it's a game does not mean that the things said in the game can't potentially cause someone to hurt or even kill themselves. Because it is a game, you cannot see what another person is struggling with. It is very ignorant to think that words can't have such an effect on someone. I'm sorry but I find that being told you can't be offended by something you know isn't true is complete ignorance. People who struggle with depression or self-image issues or any mental illness could well in fact think it's true. What was said here was cyber-bullying. And just like bullying in real life, it could cause someone to take their own life. You can go ahead and think that I am attention-seeking but I know very well that I made this post as an awareness to what this kind of behavior could do to someone.

And what can I do? I can make people aware of this harassment so when they see it they don't ignore it. You have already stated you don't understand why this would effect me so much. That's my goal. To help you, and any other player ignorant of the fact that your actions could damage someone despite that its game and online, understand that.

There is something that I read on tumblr a long time ago and I think it somewhat fits here.
"Being skeptical that another person can be incapacitated by a mental illness" - which applies here because there are players who struggle with this and you may very well not be aware of it- "because you cope just fine with your problems" - or being harassed in this case - "is the same as saying: I don't understand why other people's brakes fail because my car works great."

Honestly, I have no sympathy or remorse for anything that you have stated. You claim to be the victim, but what about the people you and your "friends" have victimized? You targeted me multiple times with the same group of "friends" you claim to be defending. The same people who are distributing these negative images of you. I left this game because I was tired of dealing with you and your "friends," but now here you are playing the victim card. You should be disgusted with yourself before you tell others how to act. Now, I'm coming back to this game to see how far you're being pushed off the edge by your own actions, as well as "friends." Have a magical day :]
Ok, I literally know nothing about your feud with Kash, nor do I want to know. But, I do also have to say that when you're being harassed by other players, you shouldn't fight back because I guarantee you that you'll get aggressive, things will get out of hand, and it'll just cause even more trouble. Again, I don't know what happened between ya'll so I'm speaking on behalf of justthe general public.

iamabigdisfan

I've seen to MUCH harassing in game and other inappropriate behavior. Whether right or wrong, defending yourself or not, nobody should be using this kind of conduct!!! The ignore button as far as I'm concerned is useless!! It does not stop the harassment, it just makes you blind to what is being said. Have more to say but will keep it to myself.

Honestly, I have no sympathy or remorse for anything that you have stated. You claim to be the victim, but what about the people you and your "friends" have victimized? You targeted me multiple times with the same group of "friends" you claim to be defending. The same people who are distributing these negative images of you. I left this game because I was tired of dealing with you and your "friends," but now here you are playing the victim card. You should be disgusted with yourself before you tell others how to act. Now, I'm coming back to this game to see how far you're being pushed off the edge by your own actions, as well as "friends." Have a magical day :]
I never harassed you, monkee. I was never saying that I wasn't at fault. I realized that some of my actions in the game have not always been kind. I APOLOGIZED and NEVER did it again after I realized that I made one of my friends feel bad. But you came after me because she decided to make up that I was making fun of her when I had barely talked to her. You harassed me. I only defended myself against your attacks. Although this post was never about you, I honestly want nothing to do with you. I will be blocking you both ingame and on the forums.

It's really ironic that I posted here about being harassed and, here I am, being harassed yet again. LOL.

I would also like to state I am very aware that I am being talked about behind my back by multiple people right now, as we speak. I am being told every word that is being said.

I've seen to MUCH harassing in game and other inappropriate behavior. Whether right or wrong, defending yourself or not, nobody should be using this kind of conduct!!! The ignore button as far as I'm concerned is useless!! It does not stop the harassment, it just makes you blind to what is being said. Have more to say but will keep it to myself.
Completely agree.

Jasmine

I never said you didn't know this is a game. T'was simply a reminder. Nothing wrong with that; we all need them sometimes. ;)

I'm sorry but I find that being told you can't be offended by something you know isn't true is complete ignorance. People who struggle with depression or self-image issues or any mental illness could well in fact think it's true. What was said here was cyber-bullying. And just like bullying in real life, it could cause someone to take their own life. You can go ahead and think that I am attention-seeking but I know very well that I made this post as an awareness to what this kind of behavior could do to someone.
No need to apologize, because that's your opinion, and you're entitled to have it. I've always found it to be true, though, even though I went through depression and was bullied. Also, I never actually called you attention seeking. I said, and I quote, "Honestly, posting a thread like this makes you look attention-seeking, especially to whomever this is aimed at."

Notice that I said "makes you look"... which basically means that you're letting whomever you're mad at win. I assume they only wanted to get a response out of you, and well... it's quite obvious that they got what they wanted. I assumed that you wouldn't have wanted them to win, but maybe I was wrong. :S

That's all I was saying. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but please realize that "seems like" (or something similar to those words) and actually "being" do mean two completely different things.

And what can I do? I can make people aware of this harassment so when they see it they don't ignore it. You have already stated you don't understand why this would effect me so much. That's my goal. To help you, and any other player ignorant of the fact that your actions could damage someone despite that its game and online, understand that.
Which I suppose is nice, but there's a way to go about that, and calling other players ignorant *of anything* is most definitely not one of those ways. In fact, it could be considered cyber-bullying ;). So it's quite hypocritical of you to create a thread about choosing words carefully, when it's quite obvious that you don't do that yourself.

As for the quotes... Yet again, I've gone through a depression. I've also seen first hand the effects it's had on my father, my friends, and even someone I thought I was in love with. So yes, I do know quite a bit about it. That's partially due to my experience with it, and partially due to the fact that my mom was a psych nurse and constantly dealt with depression and other mental illnesses. Not to mention that I plan on minoring in psychology. :)

Yet again, good luck with whatever you do need help with.

Elle

I'm sorry, what? Oh, hun, if you don't want to report them, I will most DEFINITELY do so if I ever see this type of behavior. How idiotic.. I can't even believe what i'm reading.
If it was me, I would definitely put their names out here for everyone to see. They should feel ASHAMED of themselves. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Please message me if anything! Don't let them ruin your experience in the game or in the forums.

I never said you didn't know this is a game. T'was simply a reminder. Nothing wrong with that; we all need them sometimes. ;)

No need to apologize, because that's your opinion, and you're entitled to have it. I've always found it to be true, though, even though I went through depression and was bullied. Also, I never actually called you attention seeking. I said, and I quote, "Honestly, posting a thread like this makes you look attention-seeking, especially to whomever this is aimed at."

Notice that I said "makes you look"... which basically means that you're letting whomever you're mad at win. I assume they only wanted to get a response out of you, and well... it's quite obvious that they got what they wanted. I assumed that you wouldn't have wanted them to win, but maybe I was wrong. :S

That's all I was saying. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but please realize that "seems like" (or something similar to those words) and actually "being" do mean two completely different things.

Which I suppose is nice, but there's a way to go about that, and calling other players ignorant is most definitely not one of those ways. In fact, it could be considered cyber-bullying ;). So it's quite hypocritical of you to create a thread about choosing words carefully, when it's quite obvious that you don't.

As for the quotes... Yet again, I've gone through a depression. I've also seen first hand the effects it's had on my father, my friends, and even someone I thought I was in love with. So yes, I do know quite a bit about it. That's partially due to my experience with it, and partially due to the fact that my mom was a psych nurse and constantly dealt with depression and other mental illnesses. Not to mention that I plan on minoring in psychology. :)

Yet again, good luck with whatever you do need help with.
I am sorry if my choice of words came off has rude, offensive, or anything at all. However, the way you came across seemed as though you were condoning harassment in this game. Also, if I really wanted revenge, I wouldve posted the players names lol.
And good, I am very happy that they are "winning". I really couldn't care less. Yes, they got to me. Their words hurt me. I felt violated, unsafe, uncomfortable, and degraded.
But the fact that I and my friends just walked into a room and were harassed for no reason? That behavior is unacceptable. I have a right to tell people about this harassment so they do not experience it themselves.

I am also being blatantly harassed for trying to tell people of my harassment. Can you not see the irony in this?

Poptart

I hope people treat you and anyone else better. it might be a matter of finding generally nice people to hang out with, in which I'm always willing to be your friend! :)

I'm sorry, what? Oh, hun, if you don't want to report them, I will most DEFINITELY do so if I ever see this type of behavior. How idiotic.. I can't even believe what i'm reading.
If it was me, I would definitely put their names out here for everyone to see. They should feel ASHAMED of themselves. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Please message me if anything! Don't let them ruin your experience in the game or in the forums.
I am not reporting because the last time I reported a player for their harassment, NOTHING was done. Not a single thing. And now he is coming back to pretty much "see how much people hate me."

You open up about the rude behavior as a reminder that people should be more accepting on this game, and you're told that you look attention seeking?

I've seen your pictures in the post your picture thread. You DO NOT, I repeat NOT, look like a horse. And if it isn't appropriate to say, you are very pretty. I know this might not mean much since I don't know you well but I think you're a good person and you should definitely "Ignore" anyone who says differently. :)

Also, thank you for posting this! Some people are saying you should not have posted this and just reported them, but people need to know about the type of behavior going on in the game.

I've seen your pictures in the post your picture thread. You DO NOT, I repeat NOT, look like a horse. And if it isn't appropriate to say, you are very pretty. I know this might not mean much since I don't know you well but I think you're a good person and you should definitely "Ignore" anyone who says differently. :)

Also, thank you for posting this! Some people are saying you should not have posted this and just reported them, but people need to know about the type of behavior going on in the game.
Thank you; this does meant a lot!<3

I have had this same problem.. I will not mention any names... but i did report them, because they kept calling me " basic " and telling me to go away we dont want you in our room, in those exact words. i really cant believe how people can be SO cruel...

Jasmine

No, I'd never condone harassment. In fact, in my first post (I swear I won't quote myself this time lol) I said that I wasn't saying that it's okay for people to say such things or even get away with it. In fact, it's not. It's completely unacceptable for someone to get away with such actions, but I do know that there are two sides to every story.

I am also being blatantly harassed for trying to tell people of my harassment. Can you not see the irony in this?
Well, I haven't really seen any harassment (well, I guess so, but from both sides, technically speaking, so...), but like I was trying to tell you, there are some repercussions of posting such threads.

Anyway, I'm done. Hopefully your situation is resolved soon enough. ^_^

Okay, I think we've had enough here.

1. Harassing other players in this game and on these forums = COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.
2. Retaliating will get you in as much trouble as it does the other party.
3. If someone is harassing you, do not escalate the situation. Report it either in-game or by sending a Private Message to an administrator. The claim that these reports are not addressed is simply untrue.
4. If you feel the need to dish it out among yourselves, please do it privately. The forums are not for squabbling, fighting, or painting others in a bad light.

If there are any questions about any rules, please feel free to contact me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.