After Effect Suggestions

Do you like my concept art so far?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have pretty much a concept idea of what I want to do and I decided to work on my title intro for my web show "The Tonight Show with Mijaro" since I had already make a title card.

I put my avatar as a reference point and he is not going to look like this for the final project. This goes towards the moon as well. There are still other stuff that I need to resolve. (Proper textures and how to apply it.)

My idea is to have him walk inside the castle. From there the camera moves to the top where he is there waving with the title hoping out like fireworks with the moon rising.

Test Run #1

What do you guys think I should add to make my project stand out from everyone else's project?

Last edited:
I think the "realness" of the moon is awkward in the cartoonish picture as a whole. If this is very basic concept art and the textures and styles of the objects aren't finalized yet, then yes, I like the concept.

I think the "realness" of the moon is awkward in the cartoonish picture as a whole. If this is very basic concept art and the textures and styles of the objects aren't finalized yet, then yes, I like the concept.
Texture and styles are some of the stuff I'm trying to figure out. The real moon is just there as a reference as well (forgot to add that note)

Thanks for letting know! :)

Not much of a bump but an update on the project so far...

I took @Elegance advice on the moon being weird, which I agreed. So I replaced it with a basic circle with the moon color.

@mark was saying that I shouldn't stretch the photos on photoshop. I didn't use photoshop except for the brick vector. What I did was have the exact copy of the castle outline and have it on top of it while replicating them till it's completely covered. Once that's done, I clear out the areas I don't need the brick on (Roof and the Windows & door) and render it. Then I have it imported on after effect and apply the vector. This method will also be applied to the roof shingles.

For those wondering how I am gonna do this, I have no clue but I will be utilizing classic 3D rendering where everything is flat except I can move its X,Y, and Z axis.

Once I get back, I will figure a way to add lighting because darkening the castle with the brightness and contrast is a big no no! Also I need to find a way for the balcony to work.

Side note: man I am loving after effects so far!

Last edited:
Bump and update!

Ok, I managed to green screen* my avatar doing simple stuff like walking, waving, looking left and right, and having the emote pop up from his head.

*Will upload them later in case anyone is interested in doing something for their project.

However, I have to figure out how to make my avatar walking in place while the background is moving. I guess it's a photoshop thing that can be done...

You can still offer me suggestions!

Last edited:
Update 2:
Ok scrap the idea of my avatar moving in place. Turns out the camera tracking feature does not work with digital screen recording. :skull:

So I have to make my avatar move instead of the background.

On a lighter note, I got the vectors going on for the roof. After looking at the photo I realized what @mark was trying to say. So I corrected it and it looks a little better. I fixed the lettering and resized & recoiled the moon a bit.

I ran a video test run and it looked like I made my avatar sped up too fast and I could see the green screen outline. I gotta go back and fix that.

Last edited:
If you can, upload a clip of what you have video wise. I really want to see how your video is turning out. I like your idea and I'd love to help, but I'm a little confused at some of the issues you're having without seeing them. Also, do you have Photoshop or Gimp?

If you can, upload a clip of what you have video wise. I really want to see how your video is turning out. I like your idea and I'd love to help, but I'm a little confused at some of the issues you're having without seeing them. Also, do you have Photoshop or Gimp?
I can try uploading my video progress.

Sorry for the confusion on my postings. I have other projects that needs to be finished especially when finals season are drawing close.

Most of them are done with after effect and the only time I used photoshop is for the brick vector.

Last edited:
Nice stuff! The walk animation looked really good. Is the main focus simply on animation style?

I guess from here it just depends on how you want the final video to look. Personally I like to focus on smaller details, like maybe make the flags move a bit, or have clouds pass by, but honestly it's all subjective.

Update!

So I managed to make the finished product and took @Youtherevmk advice on adding some other effects. I removed the flag because it was a bit too complicated to work with and a bit time consuming. I added the shields, the green base for the grass, the torches, and the fireworks (as promised).