Am I the only person who still hasn't been able to log in at all?

I didn't realize people were actually getting online.
I haven't been able to even create my character yet.

I never get passed the "loading character information" page. I know the game is down right now, but i've spent hours trying to log in & still nothing.

I thought the loading was 'improved' from oVMK?
Guess not...

Very frustrating.

Lost

I didn't realize people were actually getting online.
I haven't been able to even create my character yet.

I never get passed the "loading character information" page. I know the game is down right now, but i've spent hours trying to log in & still nothing.

I thought the loading was 'improved' from oVMK?
Guess not...

Very frustrating.
Its been down for like 12 hours now, including the character creation. Also they couldn't just continue where oVMK left off, it will improve over time but the game has been release for public testing for like 3 days you can't expect a fully functional game with no problems logging in + being in the game.

Elle

I think he's saying he's not been able to log in at all, even during the beta testing..unless I'm not understanding correctly. ( ^ - ^ ;;
If you're having problems once the game gets back up, try contacting the MMK team and see if they can suggest something. Try different browsers, etc.. For me personally it works for google chrome but I have heard some people not being able to get on using it..

Jasmine

Did anybody read the "I know the game is down right now" part? :P

I don't think you're the only one, Lance... There were some others, but I haven't seen them in a few days. So you're still getting stuck at that "loading" page? Did you try clearing your cache (or flushing your DNS cache)? Are you on a mac?

I don't think he's expecting a fully functional game, as he never said he was. He just wants to get in... You won't understand unless you've also had problems getting in. Also, this is a continuation of where oVMK left off -- if I'm not mistaken? (And I don't believe I am. Amy didn't start from scratch, as she had the database from oVMK...)

I've had similar issues trying to get in. It is very frustrating, especially when staff members can't or don't help you. I've also noticed it loads a lot slower than oVMK did for me... It's really strange. @_@.

Lost

I don't think you're the only one, Lance... There were some others, but I haven't seen them in a few days. So you're still getting stuck at that "loading" page? Did you try clearing your cache (or flushing your DNS cache)? Are you on a mac?

I don't think he's expecting a fully functional game, as he never said he was. He just wants to get in... You won't understand unless you've also had problems getting in. Also, this is a continuation of where oVMK left off -- if I'm not mistaken? (And I don't believe I am. Amy didn't start from scratch, as she had the database from oVMK...)

I've had similar issues trying to get in. It is very frustrating, especially when staff members can't or don't help you. I've also noticed it loads a lot slower than oVMK did for me... It's really strange. @_@.
I did respond with that in mind.

I know he's not expecting a fully functional game but when VFK was released as a continuation from VMK I had registered at the very start and couldn't log in for a week or more. Games starting up in beta testing aren't going to be able to satisfy everyone, they have to work to fix problems so everyone can get on and also add more content to make it a finished product.

It is a continuation from oVMK yes as she had the main code and database but what I was stating is they couldn't pick up where they left off, they have less people working on the project, they had to wait for and configure new servers and also when it went up fix as many problems that people didn't see/ weren't there or apparent in oVMK as quick as possible.

If you want a quicker response one of the admins like Kevin or Grizzly with the info, they'll give you the advice they think should work, as it worked for others and try help you as best they can. A lot of people are having problems and maybe I was a tad harsh with my first post but I've just seen a lot of people expecting VMK as it was and complaining (Guilty, I was in that mindset a small bit) but what I mean is this is still testing, its not a fully released game and a lot of people don't seem to have that at the forefront of their mind.

Good luck getting on though. All I can say is reinstall shockwave, try different browsers, if able to a different operating system (mac/ windows), clear your cache and cookies. That's probably what the staff would say as far as I know mostly what they've said should work.

Thank you for saying everything I was just about to type.
I run on chrome in windows, I don't use a Mac.
That's why I am frustrated. Also, since I have 0 issue with oVMK, this is really the only reason I am confused.

I'm not expecting anything! I am just upset that I am missing out when I had no issues with oVMK!
Its only frustrating because people are already hoarding items & they are already retiring items, & I might miss out on my day 1 pin. That's why I am uneasy.

There is a difference between having an issue logging in, & not being able to log in after trying for days & spending hours trying to do so.

i had a similar problem but it didn't start till recently. i was using google chrome and whenever i got to the loading furniture/character data part, it'd just stop and i'd get a popup saying shockwave director wasn't responding. i posted about it on here and nobody responded, but i found another thread where people were saying it was happening to them to. i switched to firefox and it stops when it says loading furniture/character data and sometimes it'll say i'm disconnected after, but sometimes i'll actually make it through. i have no idea what the problem is, or what could be affecting it.

Jasmine

Thank you for saying everything I was just about to type.
I run on chrome in windows, I don't use a Mac.
That's why I am frustrated. Also, since I have 0 issue with oVMK, this is really the only reason I am confused.

I'm not expecting anything! I am just upset that I am missing out when I had no issues with oVMK!
Its only frustrating because people are already hoarding items & they are already retiring items, & I might miss out on my day 1 pin. That's why I am uneasy.

There is a difference between having an issue logging in, & not being able to log in after trying for days & spending hours trying to do so.
I also have issues with Chrome... Have you tried Firefox? I can usually get in on Firefox, though lately I've been experiencing the problem on there as well.

It is odd... After day 1 on OVMK, I didn't have any issues either.
I understand your frustration, though. Many of us in the shoutbox tried to help those who still can't get in... If you haven't already, I'd also suggest trying another computer. That seemed to help a lot of people.