anna costume! (in progress)

Snaps

mischief managed
so i'm completely obsessed with Frozen, and my friend Alice and I were planning on dressing up as modernized versions of our favorite characters to go to disney world later this month.
that was before we figured out, mid costume-making, that adults are not allowed to dress up. :'c
Alice was going to be Ariel in the Kiss the Girl scene (the blue dress, the BOW) and i was going to be anna.
i'm still going to complete it, and i'm wearing the skirt with a different shirt to disney still, as it isn't as distinguishable since it's a short, skater-style skirt.
but i thought i'd share my progress!

i should note that i am not artistically talented in the slightest. it's not perfect. but i'm proud and genuinely surprised that i haven't screwed it all up yet.

the bodice:

obviously this is not going to be worn like this, lol, i haven't found a light blue shirt to go underneath it yet.
i literally had to draw this on while i was wearing it because it's a leotard and i bought it a size too small by mistake.
a few more small details need to be added to the design, but they're like dots and stuff so they won't be hard.
it was extremely difficult to draw upside down but i'm happy with the results! i drew it in white crayon at first and i had to keep washing it off to redraw lines ugh it was a hassle.
last thing i need to do is the gold. haven't figured that out yet, since gold ribbon doesn't really make curves. i'm thinking some really neat fabric paint. any ideas appreciated though. c:

the skirt:

this is extremely hard to get perfect because those flower things are super annoying to draw over and over again.
when stretched out you can see how crookedly i drew them hahaha, but on you can't tell! so i'm relieved.
i need to finish the flowers and then buy some light blue fabric paint from michaels to fill in the bottom.
also the top needs the gold as well.

it's not perfect, but i think i like it better that it's not. c:
this is my first time ever working on a costume!
any feedback or ideas or anything is much appreciated!

Aptil

°☆。* Unburnable Trash *・°☆
It looks absolutely wonderful, especially for your first time, oh my gosh ;o;.. I wish I had some ideas or tips I could give you but I don't even know how to do this kind of thing in the first place lol. But honestly you're doing a great job so far ;u;/~!

Snaps

mischief managed

finished the detailing (on the front at least, my green marker ran out ugh i have to wait until i get back to ny to get another because it's only at certain art supply stores)
and the gold trim on the top of the skirt!
and the wave pattern on the bottom!

i just need to find a light blue long sleeved shirt for underneath, trim the top with gold ribbon, and finish the detailing on the skirt and parts of the bodice and i'll be good. c:

close up of detailing on the skirt:

yeah ignore the sloppiness. again: i'm not artistically talented. x]

PIGGIESARECOOL

i really wish i could do this!! i have no sewing experience whatsoever but i really want to dress up as elsa SOOO badly <3 great job..how are u doing it?

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
This is beautiful work!

You did a fantastic job!

I feel bad that Disney restricts adult costumes. Maybe wear shorts or pants with the top? You could add the skirt design to the bottom of those.

I used to teach classes on painting on fabric. I found a chalk pencil easiest to use to draw a design on dark fabric....rubs away easily w/out water. Also DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Paint.

Enjoy your visit to WDW! Play...ride...play...eat...play...Have fun!

Snaps

mischief managed
what did u use to do the detailed flowery work?? sharpie or paint?
fabric paint markers! i found them at the art store Utrecht, but i'm sure other craft stores have them as well. sharpies wouldn't show up, especially on dark fabrics, and paint would work but it would be very tedious.

thank you everyone for the feedback c: unfortunately i didn't get to go to wdw (my friend cancelled on me last minute) but now i can finish it for when i come back and get a chance to go!