Anniversary Raffle Feedback

Laurice

It was hard to pull tickets from sits and chests - I did not get one + I play everyday.
Also in a different time zone so was unable to go to host events to try and win tickets.

Hope you all had fun m8s

I know it looks like I'm about to tear this raffle apart, and I might be, but I just want to say before you read any further that I enjoyed the aspect of the raffle. I think it was a cute idea and think that it brought some life into the game. But, before you do another big raffle I hope that you take my feedback into consideration.

I think the raffle was run very smoothly. Doing a live streamed raffle with the spinning of generators put to rest any rumors before they had a chance to surface, and I'm very happy for that. I love the idea of live streaming events (especially one with random winners) because sometimes I just like to see what happened.

I personally felt like the raffle wasn't constructed with enough thought towards what it was, though. It was an anniversary raffle, it should have been huge! Our anniversary is a birthday and that's something to celebrate. Either with a huge event, a long event, or something extravagant. Why did we go so small?

This raffle had more hype than it was fun and although I appreciate the effort, I think it just needed more in depth planning. Anniversary/birthday events should include everybody. Everybody should feel like they're involved in a big way.

1. I felt the way to get tickets was a little unfair. If this was just an ordinary raffle, it would have been fine. But, as it was for the anniversary, everybody should have had plenty of time and ways to obtain bountiful tickets so everybody could participate. For example:
A. Every x amount of accumulated points in a game you could earn a ticket. An amount of points that was small enough to get a good chunk of tickets, while also being high enough to where you had to work a bit for it. (JC 50k, HM 500 ghosts, POTC idk, Fireworks 25k.)
B. You should have gotten them from the NPCs. Maybe not everyday, but at least on weekends or the day of the raffle. That alone would give people 7 if they visited them only once.
C. They could have been consolation prizes at the host events.
Honestly putting them in the POTC chests and SITS felt unfair to me. Having to win a ticket from a RIG is not very community friendly. If they were in addition to one of these other ways, that would be cool, but as the only way besides host events I felt that was not very friendly to the community as a whole.

2. That being said, I also think the tickets should be have been untradable. What's the fun in a raffle when you see people just buying and selling all their tickets? It would make more sense that they be soulbound especially considering that you could watch somebody win something you wanted with a ticket you sold to them. It's a little heartbreaking.

3. More information on the raffle would have been very helpful! People were buying tickets for 40k, not that you could control that, but a heads up of the number of prizes would probably have cooled some of the waters. When people are saying they want a clear line of communication, keeping us in the dark was probably not the best course of action. Personally what I'd have liked to know was the number of winners, a few of the prizes, and all the details about how the raffle itself was going to be conducted. Of course keep a surprise element, but a little peak at the goods is all I'm asking.

4. The prizes should be tweaked. If you're only going to give away a few amount of prizes, they should all be very extravagant. Only a few were. If you're only giving a few extravagant prizes, give away a lot of prizes! I would have loved to see 100 winners with prizes like princess outfits, galaxy ears, orange gumdrops, enchanted roses, Aladdin carpet ride pins, pirate rooms, a set of heart chairs etc. Items that people like that aren't ultra rare. This was a chance to give life back into trading, but it didn't. The prize aspect of the raffle was disappointing.

5. I feel like everybody who was able to get a ticket should have walked away with something - at least a little participation pin or a poster or something. Something small that says, hey even though you didn't win we still appreciate you being a part of myvmk and participating in the raffle, here's a token to remember it with.
I remember myvmk did an event a few christmases ago where Amy and another host sat in a room and one by one users sat in front of her and she gave them a present. The user then opened the present like you would a chest and revealed the item they got. That event was exciting and fun and people were excited with what they got and it had a que of like 600+ each night. That would have been wonderful for the anniversary. (As long as it was 1 prize per person. Clones are never fun.)

Last edited:

~dc~

Being that this event was for the 3rd Year Anniversary. The prizes should of been amazing! If it was just some normal one month event, then it was great. Just that it is very disappointing for what it represented. 20 prizes of actually 2600+ tickets. Should of been 20 green inferno magics, lol. (Sure GreenGene would of loved that). Nice pin for logging in, nice colors etc. What no triple credits for the day, only comes once in 3 years lol.

For a normal event for a month it is great idea. Like keys and crates. Figured when staff traded the winners they would of removed that ticket number from them as well, so then they could use the same tickets again for a drawing, give others more chances to win more tickets etc. Maybe do a drawing each month at the end for say 50 rare new pins made. Just another thing for people to collect/trade etc at a chance to get the rare pin of the month. Guess could just keep making new color tickets for each month etc. Gold tickets will still hold value since they display there numbers when you wear them. So im sure players will be trying to get certain numbers to wear in a row etc to mean something.

Lots im sure missed the quests. Then sits and keys its all luck. At least the quests are a sure thing but only to those that can be here for them. Playing JC or FW for a certain score amount to get a ticket would be nice. At least then people know its a sure thing if they put some work into it. JC could be 125k total score for 1 ticket, thats about 30mins of game play for 1 ticket. Or push it to 250k for 1 hour ur guaranteed a ticket. One thing it would also get people online at more hours then just quest or host events. Other ways were said by others, like random ticket from npc etc.

Trading of the tickets should be there, other wise you will lose that don't want to gamble etc. Same goes for SITS, they should be trade-able again. Lots don't have the time to ride forever and rather trade for them, and use them there self as it is a gamble. Same goes for pirate keys, those shouldn't expire and should be trade-able. That way it brings back more trading and more interest etc. Think about the new players, someone that has time but has no items, they could hoard SITS, KEYS or TICKETS and trade/sell them and get almost any item they could want. It's the players choice to spend 40k per ticket etc, since it comes down to a gamble like buying a lotto ticket in real life. Of course the odds are much better here for what you pay for the ticket, lol.

Enough said.....

Christa

probably sleeping
I enjoyed this event, even with all of the haphazards that came with it. I loved the overall idea but the execution was lacking a bit. I feel like a 3 year anniversary should have given more "rare" prizes.

As for the raffle tickets, they were moderate to obtain. I only managed to pull three from the Sword in the Stone and none from the pirate chest (and I used maybe 15 or so keys). I liked that they were available in the quests even though the quests were a bit buggy. I also liked that they were available from HOST events. I will admit that it would have been better if it was available from JC or Fireworks because I'm not that great at pirates and no one really plays HM with you when you're new.

As for the livestream, I liked it. I feel like Twitch was a poor choice for the stream but then again there aren't that many sites that you can stream on. I also felt that things could have been handled better. I know we are human and that it's easy to forget, and I didn't want to bring this up at all, but I am being attacked for reporting someone during the livestream because the Call For Help system wasn't disabled on the livestream. It made me feel as though I was automatically blacklisted for reporting someone that was bullying/talking about another person behind their back. I'm just trying to help the community.

Overall, the raffle was a fun night. It brought together so many people and that's the most active I've seen MyVMK since starting. Well done!

I dont think its the buying of tickets that i dislike. I think its that people farm tickets, not to participate in the raffle but to make money out of people who are more unfortunate and not able to win any tickets themselves

Overall I think it was a great raffle. We had so many people out in public rooms! The livestream was a great thing for people who couldn't get in. It was really nice to see all the rooms public rooms full last night.

I think it was pretty difficult to get the tickets outside of the host quest (the quests were fun and pretty easily done with in the time frame.)
I haven't been able to get into a regular host event for quite a while since I'm either just getting off work when they start, or working the whole time. I wish we had the ability to win tickets through a point system for jc and/or fireworks like how we used to get crates and keys.
I also thought that the number of prizes compared to the number of tickets seemed a little low. I would have liked there to have been more than 20 prizes, and maybe a black flip and some infernos (various colors) given away.

Matty

knows a thing or two
Some of the estimates on the total number of tickets are way off. There were no tickets containing the numbers, 7, 8, & 9, as the gens do not include those numbers. There were approximately 1000 tickets in play.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I think the concept worked really well. I think if this is done again a full month to collect tickets would be great with more opportunities. I loved seeing the staff all along Main St. It brought players all together and this was also great. The prizes were ok and then great. I would have liked for the anniversary to have a lot more prizes award. For example you could have taken the same amount of time and award 3 prizes per number. So if the number was 1234 the winners would be 1233 1234 and 1235 :)

I think being the anniversary people expected much nicer prizes. If this was just a normal month for a fun event then the prizes would have been good. I think for an anniversary the prizes should have been a lot more special. Even if it was a special pin that each winner got with the prizes that would have been nice. I am thankful for what I won so next time maybe higher quality and quantity. This could have been a 10/10 with all the effort put in. I would give it a 7.5 out of ten. Which is still a good effort. With those few changes more people would have won and more quality items given out.

Not sure why only 20 players or how the items were chosen. I would have been more generous spreading the wealth and many more happy players. Thank you for doing this I hope it is done again :)

Horse

Great new idea to give players a chance to win highly sought after items. I also liked that it encouraged many to be active in the game throughout the week to collect tickets. Having tickets as part of the prize for finishing the quests was my favorite way to win one.

The event itself had a feeling of community. It was so nice to be in a room full of staff and players during the raffle. We also had a winner among us!

I love the idea someone mentioned about having the non-winning raffle tickets be worth a few credits after the raffle. That way, everyone that participated would at least win a little something.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
For me, I felt trying to get the tickets and then the event itself were both a lot of fun! It brought more people online which was great! I did however feel the tickets were a bit too difficult to obtain. I mostly tried getting them from the sword but was only able to win one ticket from it. This was only after using so many SITS pins and riding a handful of times for 3-4 days straight. Thankfully, I was able to with 4 tickets from the Host Quests on both Sundays. Even so, If they could be easier to win from the sword next time it would be better perhaps. So other than the ticket obtainable rate it was overall very awesome! Thank you for doing it! I would love if you could do this again in the future! Maybe sometime during Christmas to celebrate that time of year would be fantastic (only a suggestion). Oh, also? Maybe give out more prizes than just 20. Or if you are going to give out 20 prizes per event then maybe have multiple raffle events in a certain time period. For example, 3 raffle events at the end of a month for 20 prizes each event (another suggestion). Anyway, thanks again! I had fun and look forward to you possibly doing more raffles in the future! :halcyon:

goobie

violent delights
I thought it was a good idea. Players determined the price of the tickets so that's not really at the fault of staff. The raffle itself went on a bit long and I don't think was quite as exciting as we were all expecting but I liked the idea for sure.

Why isn't this comment taken into account? I just realized this... They're kinda right. So whoever had those numbers in their tickets are automatic "losers". That's kinda not fair?... I mean I know this was a new thing but maybe they should have looked into it more? Idk. But we all know gens go from 1-6. HOWEVER, maybe consider doing !roll next time? Just a suggestion.

Anyway, the event was good and fun, except for now realizing that^^^^^. Tickets were hard to get from the stone and chests, they were nice and easy to get from the Host Quest.
I think what @Matty was trying to say was that there weren't 2500 tickets in play. Every ticket had 4 digits, 0-6. There were no tickets containing the digits 7, 8, or 9. So the odds were actually better than 1 in 2,500. In fact, the odds were about 1 in 840. (Using permutations, there are 7 options per digit, and 4 digits. 7P4=840. I think I mathed right...?)

Matty

knows a thing or two
I think what @Matty was trying to say was that there weren't 2500 tickets in play. Every ticket had 4 digits, 0-6. There were no tickets containing the digits 7, 8, or 9. So the odds were actually better than 1 in 2,500. In fact, the odds were about 1 in 840. (Using permutations, there are 7 options per digit, and 4 digits. 7P4=840. I think I mathed right...?)
This^^

I think I worked it out to be 343 possible unique combinations per sequence of 1000. The highest winning ticket number was 2633. I don't believe there were any ticket numbers in the 3xxx range. 2666 would've been the highest possible ticket number. Therefore, the maximum number of possible tickets would've ranged between 1005-1029.

Last edited:
My bad I had completely read it wrong ( I don't know if I was tired or something) and didn't see the "no" in his comment

PoorFroning

Not going to sugarcoat this and no one can say I'm biased. I won and sold a bunch of tickets and have to say the event was pretty bad...

There was like 5-6 prizes worth more than what tickets were selling for on average. There were like 1000 tickets (edited from 2600 after seeing Elegance and Matty's comments), a good portion of which were sold. Mathematically speaking, it just doesn't add up.

Also, the raffle did nothing to get the trade market churning again. It probably even hurt it. Not enough demanded/hard to get items were given out to put some items back in circulation. The raffle did nothing to take an excess amount of credits out of the game. It only shifted credits from one person to another, primarily from the general population to the already rich.

If an event similar to this were to happen again in the future, a few of my suggestions would be

1) include more and more demanded items. I know that there are problems with this as the event already took up quite a bit of time which leads to my next suggestion

2) don't live stream it. Instead, just record the event being done privately and release the footage showing the results. It would drastically cut down on time as Twitch was a hassle along with those random room boots n such for everyone. I know some people enjoyed the event because it got everyone on and in public rooms and all, but the pros really outweigh the cons here.

3) possibly release information on the prize list. It could but wouldn't have to be the actual entire prize list. It's just that any info helps the general population to understand around what the unit price should be for a ticket. If not releasing info on the prize list, atleast let the general public know what a reasonable price would be for a ticket because again, the ticket amount and price with respect to what and how many prizes were given out was the biggest problem with the event.

Last edited: