Announcements section used as that

cyre

Yes, the shoutbox is nice, but not everyone knows what it is, or pays attention to it. Not everyone uses twitter.

Can announcements like 'we're not opening today' or any of the forum issues or solutions be posted there?

Still post announcements through twitter, or the shoutbox, but you can just include the link for 'more details here -link-'.

People that dont' have time to keep up with shoutbox or twitter, can have one single location to get their updates.

My $.02

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I have twitter an sent like 5 tweets because I really do not get it either. The shout box moves to fast and most of the time I am not interested in what is being talked about.

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I have to agree. It's very convenient to just log on and check the announcement section, rather than to check twitter, the shoutbox, ask people, etc.

Jasmine

Agreed. I don't follow them on twitter; I hardly even use mine anymore.

Plus, the shoutbox doesn't work correctly for most people and doesn't work at all for some. It's better to post a thread so everyone can be updated.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
{I concur. And of course:

Announcement:
a public and typically formal statement about a fact, occurrence, or intention.

-Tessa

Yes, the shoutbox is nice, but not everyone knows what it is, or pays attention to it. Not everyone uses twitter.

Can announcements like 'we're not opening today' or any of the forum issues or solutions be posted there?

Still post announcements through twitter, or the shoutbox, but you can just include the link for 'more details here -link-'.

People that dont' have time to keep up with shoutbox or twitter, can have one single location to get their updates.

My $.02
I agree! When I do glance at shoutbox chat, it never seems game related.

Abraxas

"We're not opening today" isn't exactly an announcement, but I do feel like Amy should have posted the stream.
There was a stream today?

I agree with utilizing the announcement section more. It just seems it always has too much flooding of posts and it's hard to keep up.

That'd definitely be helpful. I've been worried all day that the one moment I'm not leaving the shoutbox up in another window that I'd miss today's announcement! xD Actually putting it in the announcement section would make it so everyone's certain to see it when they first log into the forum :)

The announcement on the shoutbox for the game "opening" is for a test release, which will only last about an hour or so depending on if everything goes well. The reason why there is no announcement posted on the forums is because we don't want the server filling up for a test that will only last a hour.

If the test goes well and everything is fine, then we will "officially" open up the game and post an announcement on the forums.

Keep in mind we never gave a definite release of the game. We are giving out estimated times since the server is taking a bit to arrive.

cyre

Grizzly, I understand that - we're just asking for general announcements- like 'not today' or 'waiting on the server to set us up', or the forum issues, when forum mod applications go up, or even the twitch feed. Information is scattered around and not in one place.

Grizzly, I understand that - we're just asking for general announcements- like 'not today' or 'waiting on the server to set us up', or the forum issues, when forum mod applications go up, or even the twitch feed. Information is scattered around and not in one place.

Oh, okay. I'll definitely try to make some more announcements in the future. We'll definitely inform you guys when important information such as staff applications go up.

Sometimes though we do like to have some surprises without announcing it (such as a livestream, but keep in mind you can always watch a recorded version later) which I hope you can understand!

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
Oh, okay. I'll definitely try to make some more announcements in the future. We'll definitely inform you guys when important information such as staff applications go up.

Sometimes though we do like to have some surprises without announcing it (such as a livestream, but keep in mind you can always watch a recorded version later) which I hope you can understand!
Yeah, but usually everyone likes going to the livestream when it's live so we can talk in the chat.