Any web developers out there?

I'm currently in school for it. I have my own (with forum) but I haven't developed it as of lately due to lack of time to commit to it and school.

I think it's kind of silly if you ask me that most companies looking for a web developer require a bachelors degree. There's just not that much to learn and you can learn all for free at home mostly so that's been a challenge for me in the job search and led me to plan to go back to get a second degree (associates) in either network administration or security.

I have done a few over the years. I wouldn't call myself a web developer though. I love computers in general and have done pretty much all there is to do, or dabbled in it at least, from programming, to web development, to graphic design. One of the websites I made a few years back was a gaming news website that my friends and I were doing. Basically, I can create a decent site, but nothing too extraordinaire.

carterjakep

I took a web design class last year but I have continued doing it. I got out of it a bit ago, so I'm re teaching myself. My teacher wanted me to recreate a design I made in class for the school site, but they ended up keeping the old one before they let me submit my design.

Boatguy

Well, I never considered myself to be a web developer, but I guess I am since I have been programming since the mid 1970's, and run a server with 14 or so websites, all of which I built (developed) and operate on a daily basis.
My programming skills are limited, however. When in college the computer I worked on was a keypunch machine with a key card. It was approximately 8 feet long, 4 feet deep, and 4-1/2 feet tall, and all it did was punch holes in cards with data on them, like your name, address, etc. Reader machines would then read and file the data.
Then in 1980 I bought my first Radio Shack TRS-80 Computer, and learned basic. Back then we had to build our spreadsheets from scratch, there were no programs like Lotus 123, Excel. There was no Internet. I taught my kids and one of them in particular really excelled. He is now a computer engineer programming machines that make the tools that make parts. His work includes things used on the Hubbel Telescope in space, to tiny elements in an artificlal heart. He loves math, trig, calculus, etc. waaaay beyond my abilities.
I mostly program with HTML and PHP, but mostly use Adobe tools like Dreamweaver, InDesign, QuarkXPress, etc.
Back in the day it was no where near as easy as it is today.

Well, I never considered myself to be a web developer, but I guess I am since I have been programming since the mid 1970's, and run a server with 14 or so websites, all of which I built (developed) and operate on a daily basis.
My programming skills are limited, however. When in college the computer I worked on was a keypunch machine with a key card. It was approximately 8 feet long, 4 feet deep, and 4-1/2 feet tall, and all it did was punch holes in cards with data on them, like your name, address, etc. Reader machines would then read and file the data.
Then in 1980 I bought my first Radio Shack TRS-80 Computer, and learned basic. Back then we had to build our spreadsheets from scratch, there were no programs like Lotus 123, Excel. There was no Internet. I taught my kids and one of them in particular really excelled. He is now a computer engineer programming machines that make the tools that make parts. His work includes things used on the Hubbel Telescope in space, to tiny elements in an artificlal heart. He loves math, trig, calculus, etc. waaaay beyond my abilities.
I mostly program with HTML and PHP, but mostly use Adobe tools like Dreamweaver, InDesign, QuarkXPress, etc.
Oh wow... keypunch brings back awful memories lol.

I don't consider myself a "developer," but just sharing... I made my first site back in '97. I run a few websites that are still manually coded (#NotEvenTheBestCodingbcIWasTooLazyToLearnAnySoftwareToMakeItEasierOnMeAndIBasicallyLearnedFromScratch). And when you have more than a few hundred pages on a website, you realize just how important good coding is. :/ My last few sites were developed with WordPress, so I am familiar with databases and all the wonderful things that come with that. :D

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Can you spell old any better? My grandfather was a head programmer for those building sized transistor light bulb punch card machines. So if that means if he was working on it. then that means you arent too far off from him.

I do web design. I own several websites and know all the web standards. I can work with databases and handle passwords securely and stuff like that.

Crystal

I've tried programming but didn't particularly like it. I was also discriminated in my classes for being a girl in programming which bothered me quite frankly. Now, I just design webpages for fun. Actually, I have been debating on minoring in web design. I absolutely love HTML coding! (:

I am a hobbyist web developer. I have made a few websites, one being an RPG that got deleted due to a vague TOS violation >.< and another being my current project, FreeReads. I am terrible at design, so I used Twitter's Bootstrap for the design of it, but I'm pretty good at the back end, so just about the only thing I used for it was a BBCode plugin for the stories. The login, uploading, profiles, and everything else was done myself. :D

I'm planning on working on a new RPG soon.* It will be set in a different universe than the first one, and I hope to get much farther with it.

*Valve Time

Yeah I dabble in web design every now and then. I know HTML, CSS and a little bit of Javascript / jQuery, but nothing impressive. I mostly design graphics, but decided to get into coding and web design a little after I got photoshop. I actually do have a small little website where I keep my web-design related things. Nothing huge, and not really a true full site, but it's just there whenever I feel like designing something and need to put it somewhere.

http://diamondhub.x10host.com/

I'm a web developer and linux adminstrator with expertise in PHP and with HTML, Javascript and CSS. I also know a fair bit of Bash and administrate Linux servers for a living.

SnowDude

Dude of the Snow
Hello,
My whole high school career was based on web development. I took many classes including Desktop Publishing, Multimedia, Computer Business Applications, Web Design 1, and Web Design 2. All of these were college credit classes. Until Senior year, when I realized I wanted to be a nurse. LOL.

But anyways during these classes I learned HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Well, and other things, like using photoshop for images and banners and such. But so far I have only had two successful websites.

My first ever website was created in 2010 and was for a minecraft server that me and my friend ran. It started out being titled "ArtsandMinecraft" but then I bought the domain for "Justgamers.org" This team died after two strong years. To access the forum now it is http://artsandminecraft.darkbb.com/ but that is just the link that people would go to when they typed in "justgamers.org" the domain ran out about a year ago. Mind you this website had over 2500 members :) and I made the majority of the images when I was a sophomore in high school. So please don't judge :) To access the real forum just put "/forum" after the previous URL and there's proof of the members on the left hand side.

My last website was just a website for my old highschool. I actually made this senior year (last year) with my friend in WebDesign2. That was the whole assignment. http://www.lynxpride.net
Nothing too special about this website. Just a standard website that my high school still uses.

(my name is in the footer of each website--just a little proof lol)

But now I'm a freshman in college in the nursing program. All of my tons of college credit in the computer science field REALLY comes in handy now ;) haha

Baka

i'm well versed in HTML, CSS, Javascript, Jquery Mobile, Jquery, and flash AS2. I've also dabbled in PHP, AS3, and a few other languages.

My focus in college, though, is Mobile Development/Mobile Web. I think next month is when I'm starting in on Objective C and Java courses. That should be fun o.o