Audible noise to let you know when you're about to get booted.

I often get distracted in different windows, only to come back to VMK and find that I've been booted. Then I forget what instance I'm in, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but I think an audible warning as well as a visual one would be helpful.

Could possibly get irritating, though.

Jasmine

This would help me as well. I tend to sit/go afk in one of my guest rooms and come back to being booted.

KrazyBella

I agree! And maybe have the noise first be at the "warning you have 20 seconds to move" because many times I come back to that message right on top of the "you've been booted" message and it's too late!

Jasmine

You don't know why people go afk... Personally, I've had problems logging in on a daily basis since the game opened, so I prefer to stay on at all times... I never know if I can get on or not.

When I'm logged on to VMK, I step away from it for only a few minutes at a time when I think of something I have to do. Like today. I went to check when registration for the spring semester starts at my college because I've forgotten to do that for the past few weeks. It took me just a fraction of a minute too long apparently, and I managed to get back right as I was booted from my own guest room.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I've gotten up and gone to the bathroom and by the time I come back I've been booted. You can get distracted doing something for less time than that and get booted, so it could be a useful tool to warn you that it's about to boot you from a room. I think it's a good idea. :) I often just barely make it to the screen to see the little notification about what's to occur.

- - - Updated - - -

Love this idea! Inspired me to think of this other idea I had!
Your signature animation, is genius. Very nice job if you made it :)

If that audible warning could be like the beeping sound from legend of zelda when you're about to die, that'd be great.

John

Why does it matter? It only takes a click or two to get back to where you were.
If you're going to ousted from a room that you aren't active in, just log out.

If that audible warning could be like the beeping sound from legend of zelda when you're about to die, that'd be great.
There is literally only one problem with this (personal problem - if implemented, it wouldn't be too bothersome). If it's the sound from Ocarina of Time, I think I'd get a panic attack. I was so bad at Oot that that sound was practically the anthem of Link to me. I'd hear it, panic, look for hearts, and then bam. I'm dead. Never even made it to the first temple, I got so angry lol. Went on to finish Wind Waker instead.

Why does it matter? It only takes a click or two to get back to where you were.
If you're going to ousted from a room that you aren't active in, just log out.
I'm only ever away from VMK for a brief while when I'm actually logged on. If I know I'm going to be gone for an extended period of time, then I'll log out. If I'm going to be gone for, say, 20 minutes, and I know that I'm going to be booted without returning in time, then I'll just let myself be booted.

In most cases, however, I'm only gone for 2 or 3 minutes while I multitask. VMK - Reddit - VMK - Blackboard - Facebook - VMK, etc. Having to constantly return to whatever room I was in can be a bit harrowing ... especially because VMK slows down my computer, so I end up in a different room because I've clicked everywhere trying to figure out whether my computer is frozen or really slow.

I suggested this because I thought it would be both simple and helpful. But I do understand what you mean.